Addicted
Too Many piles of Junk that need too much work and too much money
Thu Dec 17, 2020 11:51 am quote
gmontag wrote:
*Guitar riff

PACK RAT FEVER
Duh Duh duh
PACK RAT FEVER
I did audibly hear that riffi n my head! Way to pack em in everyone!

There's always room for Jel..... VESPA!
Hooked
'61 Cushman GS150, '62 GS160, '74 Rally 200
Thu Dec 17, 2020 12:50 pm quote
Tools and parts to the left, scooters to the right.

Garage.jpeg

Hooked
1963 Vespa VBB, 1965 Allstate Cruisaire, 1974 Vespa Super, 2003 Stella 2T
Thu Dec 17, 2020 2:28 pm quote
Amazing how most have multiple scoots. Can only ride one at a time. Who has family members that share the passion?

IMG-20201107-WA0001.jpg
Vespa's should not be in the garage! They are works of art...

20201101_172631.jpg
Summer storage. Easier to get out than from the lounge! Under the cover is a 1960 Austin Healey Frogeye. Neighbor has two other scoots stored for me.

20201101_172436.jpg
Tools and work bench in the corner.

IMG-20200830-WA0004.jpg
Other garage resident - on display at the Kansas City Auto Museum.

Sergeant at Arms
Weird 80's Vespas & Cool Vintage Lambrettas
Thu Dec 17, 2020 3:54 pm quote
SEA wrote:
Tools and parts to the left, scooters to the right.
ha! your GS looks like the older brother to my super!

-g
Addicted
Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:29 pm quote
Chatis wrote:
Amazing how most have multiple scoots. Can only ride one at a time. Who has family members that share the passion?
I've always understood it as an unspoken rule that any true Scooter-person must have atleast 2. You need that backup for when the main ride breaks down (it will!). Then you you really need another backup for when the backup keels over, while the main ride is still torn apart. Then another that is in a perpetual state of "restoration". Plus the other projects in pieces that you'll get too one day once you collect all the parts; and finally finish rebuilding the first 4 rides. Then there is the inevitable daily search for another pile of crap rust bucket that you need to rescue. 100 is never enough
Ossessionato
1980 P200E , 2005 Stella 177
Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:37 pm quote
GeekLion wrote:
Chatis wrote:
I've always understood it as an unspoken rule that any true Scooter-person must have atleast 2. You need that backup for when the main ride breaks down (it will!). Then you you really need another backup for when the backup keels over, while the main ride is still torn apart. Then another that is in a perpetual state of "restoration". Plus the other projects in pieces that you'll get too one day once you collect all the parts; and finally finish rebuilding the first 4 rides. Then there is the inevitable daily search for another pile of crap rust bucket that you need to rescue. 100 is never enough
This.
Style Maven
74 50s x3 78 P200 x2 84 Cosa PK50XL2 58 AllState 68 Sprint 80 50special '66(?) Super125
Thu Dec 17, 2020 6:08 pm quote
You forgot the one scoot relatively safe & reliable you need, without enuff power to get into much trouble and is already dinged, dented, scratched and scuffed enuff that it works as a loaner for that visitor that knows tng scooters, motorcycles or bicycles just fine and

'Oh sure, NO problem with some damn old shifty, lol. A VESPA you say? Cool!'.
Sergeant at Arms
Thu Dec 17, 2020 6:12 pm quote
Chatis wrote:
i... uhhh... see a roll cage. does that like to go in a straight line or does it enjoy left and right turns as well?

and you gotta always have more than one. that way you can ride the one that's running while you fix the other. or you just buy another one because you're sick of fixing the broken ones.

-g
Sergeant at Arms
Thu Dec 17, 2020 6:16 pm quote
V oodoo wrote:
You forgot the one scoot relatively safe & reliable you need, without enuff power to get into much trouble and is already dinged, dented, scratched and scuffed enuff that it works as a loaner for that visitor that knows tng scooters, motorcycles or bicycles just fine and

and that's why everybody should have an old tatty tatty P around.

loaner to friends and the one you take to the store when all your other shit is broke down!

-g
Addicted
Thu Dec 17, 2020 6:32 pm quote
greasy125 wrote:
V oodoo wrote:

loaner to friends and the one you take to the store when all your other shit is broke down!

-g
Gotta love dem ol reliable never let ya down P series! Many knock em, but they are tried and true workhorses and I love em for what they are. Now gotta find a Pframe to add to the rack.... I have most of the other bits already
Hooked
Thu Dec 17, 2020 6:51 pm quote
greasy125 wrote:
i... uhhh... see a roll cage. does that like to go in a straight line or does it enjoy left and right turns as well?
Definitely left and right...
Sergeant at Arms
Thu Dec 17, 2020 6:52 pm quote
GeekLion wrote:
greasy125 wrote:
V oodoo wrote:

-g
Gotta love dem ol reliable never let ya down P series! Many knock em, but they are tried and true workhorses and I love em for what they are. Now gotta find a Pframe to add to the rack.... I have most of the other bits already
how far is roseburg from LA?

you can come and take your pick from the herd...

-g
Addicted
Thu Dec 17, 2020 6:55 pm quote
Just a quick 12 hrs drive. No biggie. I'll be in LAarea a few times a year as I still have work/family/friends down there. At the very least lets grab a beer or 7 and shoot scooter shite. I'll drive the big ass Van scooter hauler just in case

Like I need another project ...... but really, I ALWAYS NEED ANOTHER PROJECT
Sergeant at Arms
Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:12 pm quote
GeekLion wrote:
Just a quick 12 hrs drive. No biggie. I'll be in LAarea a few times a year as I still have work/family/friends down there. At the very least lets grab a beer or 7 and shoot scooter shite. I'll drive the big ass Van scooter hauler just in case

done and done my man. if it's summer bring your trunks. if it's now... bring a hoodie! trade you some angel city for some rainier, or what was it? schaver? the one you could get at gas stations for like $7 a 12'er? always had some kind of woodland animal on it? yeah, one of those.

if you're serious on a P project shoot me a PM. there are things and stuffs and i'd rather pass a deal on to a forum member than deal with the chicanery of c'list.

-g
Addicted
Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:17 pm quote
greasy125 wrote:
GeekLion wrote:

done and done my man. if it's summer bring your trunks. if it's now... bring a hoodie! trade you some angel city for some rainier, or what was it? schaver? the one you could get at gas stations for like $7 a 12'er? always had some kind of woodland animal on it? yeah, one of those.

if you're serious on a P project shoot me a PM. there are things and stuffs and i'd rather pass a deal on to a forum member than deal with the chicanery of c'list.

-g
Done done & Dunzo! I'll bring some of this good good good Oregon Pacific Northwest brew. One of the perks of living here is there are plenty of small craft breweries, with legit tasty drinks. I'm not a beer snob, but appreciate the good stuff as much as the next guy! I'll hit you with that PM, but whatever happens it would be sweet to meet face to face. Cheers!
Banned
2:6
Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:01 pm quote
garage has been a disaster for so long I don't even want to show it.
Molto Verboso
79 P200E, 62 Allstate, 2008 Stella
Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:13 pm quote
oopsclunkthud wrote:
Now we really want to see it!
Molto Verboso
Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:15 pm quote
greasy125 wrote:
GeekLion wrote:

-g
Molto Verboso
Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:15 pm quote
greasy125 wrote:
GeekLion wrote:

-g
This is very cool and one of the big reasons I hang out here - sometimes it takes a village, even if the village is worldwide, or a 12 hr drive away
Ossessionato
62 VBB1T Round Tail W/ leaner sidecar
Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:02 pm quote
This thread is forcing me to clean up my garage.

Chatis - is that a 70's capri?
Addicted
Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:12 pm quote
qascooter wrote:
This is very cool and one of the big reasons I hang out here - sometimes it takes a village, even if the village is worldwide, or a 12 hr drive away
Yes this is so true! All sorts of good things come from this place in many ways. I'm still stoked I got to meet you and Scootnewb/Chris in person a lil while back. Still looking forward to getting a scoot going and cruise the Oregon roads with you two! Watching your thread on the dual build is encouraging to say the least.

Modern Vespa for the win in all ways! Making friends here and all around the world. Best Scooter Club around
Molto Verboso
Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:26 pm quote
GeekLion wrote:
Still looking forward to getting a scoot going and cruise the Oregon roads with you two!
We were just talking about this today! How cool it would be to get together and go for a ride with you. Lots of time while wrenching to BS, drink coffee, and eat donuts. No buttermilk bars though, but I didn't have to get them, so they were perfect!

We're thinking of a ride up the coast to Yachats, or possibly from Noti to Cottage Grove. Sort of depends on what you want to see and roads you want to ride on. In my book, the coast to Yachats is way up there in curvy fast roads with an awesome view, but I'm easily swayed.

It's like at the end of that movie, The Last Samurai. The guy spent his entire life looking for the perfect cherry blossom. On his death bed he says, "I got it, they're all perfect!". Pretty much any road around here fits "the perfect road" profile.

Let's do this soon!

20200305_133419_resized.jpg
A past ride to Yachats

Addicted
Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:42 pm quote
qascooter wrote:
GeekLion wrote:
Still looking forward to getting a scoot going and cruise the Oregon roads with you two!
We were just talking about this today! How cool it would be to get together and go for a ride with you. Lots of time while wrenching to BS, drink coffee, and eat donuts. No buttermilk bars though, but I didn't have to get them, so they were perfect!

We're thinking of a ride up the coast to Yachats, or possibly from Noti to Cottage Grove. Sort of depends on what you want to see and roads you want to ride on. In my book, the coast to Yachats is way up there in curvy fast roads with an awesome view, but I'm easily swayed.

It's like at the end of that movie, The Last Samurai. The guy spent his entire life looking for the perfect cherry blossom. On his death bed he says, "I got it, they're all perfect!". Pretty much any road around here fits "the perfect road" profile.

Let's do this soon!
Thats really cool guys! I appreciate just the thought! I just have a few things to tidy up on my ride, and she'll be road worthy. Finally got my Oregon plates last week so I'm Oregon Official! haha.

Any road or scenery in Oregon is all new to me, so they're all the perfect road
Sergeant at Arms
Fri Dec 18, 2020 5:00 am quote
charlieman22 wrote:
This thread is forcing me to clean up my garage.

Chatis - is that a 70's capri?
You and I both....

-g
Sergeant at Arms
Fri Dec 18, 2020 5:03 am quote
oopsclunkthud wrote:
Canít be any worse than mine broham. Iím in ďhot messĒ territory.

Frankly, Iím embarrassed.

But letís lock arms and wade into the surf together.

-g
Sergeant at Arms
Fri Dec 18, 2020 5:11 am quote
Chatis wrote:
greasy125 wrote:
Definitely left and right...
This delights me to no end. I ran VARA, HSA and scca c/p after they eliminated t/a

But because Iím a mopar guy you are my mortal enemy.

That thing looks great though. The ones that turn are always the most fun.

-g
Hooked
Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:14 am quote
charlieman22 wrote:
Is that a 70's capri?
Yes, 1974 Ford Capri Perana Tribute car.
greasy125 wrote:
Is that a 70's capri?
It is, and we are not enemies, Mopars go in straight lines; Fords go around corners

Not hacking the thread on garages but here is a picture of me turning a corner...

Perana - Viper - FB.jpg
Video of the chase: https://youtu.be/ff-K_qz5VBM

Ossessionato
2015 GTS300, 1974 Primavera, 04 Ninja 250
Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:02 am quote
My space is limited - 3 bikes, a small bench, and wall storage. The bench is big enough to do an engine rebuild if I clear it for the job. Way up high on the right you can see the loft space I just built to store household goodies and a spare project bike that will be coming my way.... I've pondered how to get more bikes in here but the limiter is my wife's car must park here at night and the other side of the garage is loaded with bicycles. Believe me, I pondered how - that's how the loft came into being

IMG_1353.jpg

Molto Verboso
2007 Stella 225
Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:12 am quote
My Mess
Working on putting up sheetrock.

41C47321-60B7-4FB3-B320-C8284DC8F7EA.jpeg

image.jpg

Hooked
P125x (4KW Hub Motor)
Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:41 am quote
Since I appear to be why this started, maybe I can show the evolution of my garage:
Being built in 2011.

For the next 7 years I used it to death>

Then I decided I needed more room, don't we all?

Three years later I actually started building the extension.

Now I have room to work.
Ossessionato
62 VBB1T Round Tail W/ leaner sidecar
Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:34 pm quote
Geek lion - that is some impressive organization.
Love the milk crates for their toughness.
Jim VB - what did you use for your flooring? Looks to be tiles of some kind - but look tough and durable?

Every time I open this thread - I feel the pressure of a xmas garage clean.
It's gonna happen.
Hooked
P125x (4KW Hub Motor)
Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:02 pm quote
charlieman22 wrote:
Jim VB - what did you use for your flooring? Looks to be tiles of some kind - but look tough and durable?

Porcelain tile. It is very durable, and cleans up nicely.
Molto Verboso
2007 Stella 225
Sat Dec 19, 2020 5:20 am quote
I Spy a Saturn Sky?
Nice car

rbvrc7.jpg

2017-09-29_12-12-08_821.jpg

Addicted
Sat Dec 19, 2020 5:59 am quote
charlieman22 wrote:
Geek lion - that is some impressive organization.
Love the milk crates for their toughness.

Every time I open this thread - I feel the pressure of a xmas garage clean.
It's gonna happen.
Thanks! I am lefit OCD like that with all things organization. Still lots of things in the shop to put in their proper place haha.

Iím stoked you noticed the crates! They are awesome and I have alooott. They stack up nice and are tough!
Hooked
P125x (4KW Hub Motor)
Sat Dec 19, 2020 6:31 am quote
Re: I Spy a Saturn Sky?
Christopher_55934 wrote:
Nice car
I owned the Sky Redline for 6 years. Great car, quick and reliable.
Molto Verboso
2007 Stella 225
Sat Dec 19, 2020 9:45 am quote
Re: I Spy a Saturn Sky?
JimVonBaden wrote:
Christopher_55934 wrote:
Nice car
I owned the Sky Redline for 6 years. Great car, quick and reliable.
Mines a 2007 with a 2.4 liter and aftermarket turbo, been in the family since 2008. Bolting the kit on was fun, so is driving it now. They should have all been turbo charged from the factory.
Ossessionato
Sat Dec 19, 2020 10:03 am quote
Birdsnest wrote:
Nice Bluebadge!

vespa 001.JPG

Your Rally Here   DoubleGood Vespa T-Shirts   Scooter Parts Company
Post Reply    Forum -> Not-So-Modern Previous12345Next
[ Time: 0.1770s ][ Queries: 25 (0.0393s) ][ Debug on ]