Turn signal relay
Post Reply    Forum -> MP3 Discussion
Author Message
Lurker
Joined: 09 Jan 2021
Posts: 4

Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:14 am quote
Hello people, I wonder if any of you knows where the hack is the turning light relay located on MP3 500 2013? Will be so helpful to know before I year apart the whole bike
I've installed led turn indicators https://motogadget.com/shop/en/m-blaze-ice.html and they hyper flashing.
Hooked
2015 MP3 500 ie Business
Joined: 29 Oct 2019
Posts: 324
Location: Belgium
Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:53 am quote
Flasher a.k.a. turn signal relay is located either at the tail end (on older pre-2014 models) or behind the instrument cluster (2014 and newer)

Get the genuine Euro spec Piaggio LED flasher relay (as used on current 2020 models). It is a plug and play retrofit for the older bikes. I replaced mine with Piaggio LED flashers and Piaggio relay on my 2015

US spec MP3 still continue to use ancient filament bulbs due to archaic road regulations.

MP3-350-keyfeature-img1.jpg

Hooked
2015 MP3 500 ie Business
Joined: 29 Oct 2019
Posts: 324
Location: Belgium
Sat Jan 09, 2021 5:02 pm quote
One more thing. AFAIK, there is no aftermarket LED flasher relay that is plug and plug compatible except for the Piaggio relay I mentioned from the Euro spec MP3. I think the Euro bikes got the LED blinkers starting with MY2018 and up
Addicted
2010 gts 300 super. 09 MP3 500 lite
Joined: 02 Apr 2013
Posts: 677
Location: tampa
Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:38 am quote
does the 2020 relay work with early incandescent bulbs? is it more robust? my relay has failed twice in 1.5 years on my 2009. I dont care much for aftermarket led bulbs and dont use them. they are not reliable and can cause issues. I like the look of old big yellow blinkers that blink slowly. so I will continue using them. so far the relay was replaced with used ones. I balked at price of new one. even considered a rewire to eliminate flasher feature. then a cheaper more reliable relay could be used.
Hooked
2015 MP3 500 ie Business
Joined: 29 Oct 2019
Posts: 324
Location: Belgium
Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:43 am quote
The Piaggio LED relay appears to be solid state, although I have not opened up mine. I have had mine installed for about 1.5 years and retrofitted it onto my 2015 MP3 500

Yes, it does function with incandescent bulbs or LEDs, or a mix thereof. Hazard flasher function remains as well of course. No need for resistors.

But the price is a lot lower than the standard relay at around 20 Euro, about 25USD.

Attached is a copy of the invoice with p/n#s for LED blinkers and relay. I ordered mine from easyparts.nl

Invoice_3954439.pdf
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Invoice_3954439.pdf
 Filesize:  36.49 KB

Lurker
Joined: 09 Jan 2021
Posts: 4

Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:44 am quote
sbaert wrote:
Flasher a.k.a. turn signal relay is located either at the tail end (on older pre-2014 models) or behind the instrument cluster (2014 and newer)

Get the genuine Euro spec Piaggio LED flasher relay (as used on current 2020 models). It is a plug and play retrofit for the older bikes. I replaced mine with Piaggio LED flashers and Piaggio relay on my 2015

US spec MP3 still continue to use ancient filament bulbs due to archaic road regulations.
Thank you for all the useful information!
Lurker
Joined: 09 Jan 2021
Posts: 4

Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:48 am quote
sbaert wrote:
The Piaggio LED relay appears to be solid state, although I have not opened up mine. I have had mine installed for about 1.5 years and retrofitted it onto my 2015 MP3 500

Yes, it does function with incandescent bulbs or LEDs, or a mix thereof. Hazard flasher function remains as well of course. No need for resistors.

But the price is a lot lower than the standard relay at around 20 Euro, about 25USD.

Attached is a copy of the invoice with p/n#s for LED blinkers and relay. I ordered mine from easyparts.nl
Thanks! I've tried to find the turn signal relay unit on the web-shop where you've mentioned but I couldn't. Not even with the article number
Hooked
2015 MP3 500 ie Business
Joined: 29 Oct 2019
Posts: 324
Location: Belgium
Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:53 am quote
Here ya go. Direct web link to Piaggio LED relay

https://www.easyparts.nl/Blinker-Device-With-Hazard-p33684637
Lurker
Joined: 09 Jan 2021
Posts: 4

Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:30 pm quote
sbaert wrote:
Here ya go. Direct web link to Piaggio LED relay

https://www.easyparts.nl/Blinker-Device-With-Hazard-p33684637
Thank you again!
Your Rally Here   vespa scooterwest scooter west Motorsport Scooters   Yelcome Leather Top Cases and Roll Bags for Piaggio Vespa PX LX LXV GTS GTV
Post Reply    Forum -> MP3 Discussion
[ Time: 0.1658s ][ Queries: 27 (0.0526s) ][ Debug on ]