need input on changing seat on 2020 GTS
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion
Enthusiast
2020 GTS300 HPE
Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:08 pm quote
Holy Cow. First time driving a scooter. It's way, way different than a motorcycle and I can only tippy-toe to touch the ground. So I am right away thinking about switching out the seat for something that will get me an inch or so lower. As much as I can get! New or used I don't think I care. Have til warm weather to get this done. I searched for other threads by searching 'seats' so maybe I didn't put in the right question. I'll tell you, between driving in the big city area (Kansas City), the scooter in the bed of my truck and trying to not get lost and watching road signs, and then the exciting 'oh, no, what have I done' drive to the storage building where I will keep the scooter, if I still drank, I'd be ready for a shot of something! Tall Baileys on ice. mmmm. Some of those highway interchanges in KC look like something out of the Jetsons. Roads going in 8 different directions--not kidding.

ok, the euro low profile lowers a rider 1". I'll also look at Corbin (can lower seat 1 1/2 "). Scooter is the 2020 Blu (dark) also digging for more info on google and some MV threads do pop up. I am 5'4" so maybe thicker soles will do it, also. Guess this topic comes up every few years, huh??
Addicted
2010 S50 Modified "Punkin"; 2003 ET4 Malossi 187 "ISO"
Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:58 pm quote
Greetings:

I also am not particularly tall. I find that if I slide forward on the saddle just before coming to rest, the narrowness of the front part of the saddle allows my legs to come closer together, thus increasing my "reach" to the ground. That part of the foam also compresses a bit more since the rider's weight is concentrated on a smaller area of saddle. Corbin makes a good saddle, but a bit pricey. Then again, if it makes you happy...
Veni, Vidi, Posti
GTS 300ABS, Buddy 125, Buddy Kick 125
Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:35 pm quote
I have the low profile solo seat on my '15 GTS. I find it comfortable and it does let a rider plant their feet more securely at a stop.
Addicted
2020 GTS 300 HPE
Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:26 pm quote
I have a Corbin seat on my 2020 GTS HPE. It does sit about an inch lower than the stock seat (based on airflow on my helmet). You can have them put more of a taper on the nose of the seat which will help, as well.

Another thing to try is sliding forward on the seat as you come to a stop.

The seating position on the GTS is certainly different from most motorcycles; I find it very comfortable.

If you decide to order a Corbin, it comes on its own seat pan, so you don't have to cut up your OEM seat.

Enjoy the new scoot!
Land of 10,000 Scoots Rally   vespa scooterwest scooter west Motorsport Scooters   AF1 Racing Vespa Austin
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion
[ Time: 0.1391s ][ Queries: 25 (0.0374s) ][ Debug on ]