New Toy
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion
Hooked
Honda Aero 1100
Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:04 pm quote
Bought this 21 GTS as a Christmas gift to myself since no one seemed interested in taking hints. Finally have desired accessories installed. This is a replacement for the 2015 GTS that a Toyoda took out and did major damage to my body. Probably should not be riding, but I am. Still have my trusty '98 Honda Shadow ACE.
Molto Verboso
Medley 150
Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:28 pm quote
Re: New Toy
cballweg wrote:
Probably should not be riding, but I am.
Good for you, ride for as long as you can/want to. Congrats on your Christmas gift, trust you have many adventures planned., most of all stay safe and keep on riding.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
2007 LX150 2015 GTS 2013 BV 350
Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:44 pm quote
Congratulations!

Yeah, it's kind of tiring dropping hints all the time...
Addicted
2020 GTS 300 HPE
Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:18 pm quote
Congrats on the new GTS! Ease back into it. You'll be comfortable on it again in no time. Enjoy!
Ossessionato
In garage: Yamaha Tricity 155 Urban 2019 - MV Agusta 125 RS 1956
Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:05 pm quote
cballweg wrote:
Bought this 21 GTS as a Christmas gift to myself since no one seemed interested in taking hints. Finally have desired accessories installed. This is a replacement for the 2015 GTS that a Toyoda took out and did major damage to my body. Probably should not be riding, but I am. Still have my trusty '98 Honda Shadow ACE.
Sometimes having the object of desire in front of your eyes knowing you can use it at will, is as satisfying as using it.
The concept is to have the idea of being able to do it because you have it, this already gives you half satisfaction and in your case it is a lot.
Then ... if you want to take a ride with it you will know that it is there, many years ago I started like this again.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Lx 50 4T (totaled), GTS 250, S 150 (Missing in KS), Something Chinese, GT 200 (sold)
Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:16 am quote
Love your attitude about riding after adversity.

Can't wait to ride again myself after this f***** broken hip.
Hooked
Gts 300
Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:11 am quote
Attila wrote:
cballweg wrote:
Sometimes having the object of desire in front of your eyes knowing you can use it at will, is as satisfying as using it.
The concept is to have the idea of being able to do it because you have it, this already gives you half satisfaction and in your case it is a lot.
Then ... if you want to take a ride with it you will know that it is there, many years ago I started like this again.
Couldnít be said better Attila. True though I never put words on it.

Enjoy your new Vespa. Personally I am dead the day I canít ride anymore. So I enjoy every second of it.
Hooked
Gts 300
Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:12 am quote
cballweg wrote:
Can we see it please? Enjoy and ride till youíll be 120 years old as we say in my country!
Molto Verboso
2013 Vespa 300 Super, 2007 Burgman 400
Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:20 am quote
Good On You
cballweg,

Back in the saddle again. Logically, maybe none of us should be two wheel
riding - to dangerous. The feel of freedom and open air movement is just
irresistible - I have to have it.

So, we are all bound together facing a common danger. I think this is why
many waive to each other on the road. Almost as if the waive acknowledges,
"Oh, I see you are still alive".

Bob Copeland
Frost Bite Falls Minnesota
BV350
Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:18 pm quote
As a first responder I've seen my fair share of accidents. It sad and life changing for a few.
BUT
Riding for us, is in our blood. That need to feel the wind hit us in the face. Mounting on that saddle, taking off the line. You are controlling a beast that will wreck your life if the slightest mistakes happen. You counter steer you throw your weight around and you control that beast. You make her respect you.

I still have the biggest smile on my face every time I start my bike up

Enjoy the new bike
Vespa Elettrica
Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:32 am quote
What accessories did you choose?
2019 MP3 500 Sport
Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:43 pm quote
I have always had at least one motorcycle since I turned 15. I can't imagine not riding, and I am now in my 50s.

Accidents can happen with many activities. In my younger years I did stupid sh*t that could have very easily killed me. Some people I knew well weren't as lucky.

You then develop very defensive riding skills, but it's important to stay humble and always accept the fact that motorcycling can be cruel and unforgiving. I know motorcycle riders that always try to find fault with the motorcycle rider that had an accident... "oh you target fixated" is a classic one in online forums when people describe accidents. Well, I'd probably indeed target fixate on the car that makes a left turn right in front of me, just like I'd fixate on a great white shark charging at me with open jaws, dammit try not to... But every outdoor activity and many indoor ones entail risks, and it's not as if we're wingsuit flying off a cliff...

I haven't had a motorcycle accident in over 30 years (knock on wood) but have had the inevitable close calls with distracted drivers, retarded deer running across and what not... but I can't stop, just like I can't stop scuba diving or surfing or ocean swimming.

A life without passions is not worth living. Rock on, brothers and sisters!
Ossessionato
In garage: Yamaha Tricity 155 Urban 2019 - MV Agusta 125 RS 1956
Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:35 am quote
PabloLie wrote:
I have always had at least one motorcycle since I turned 15. I can't imagine not riding, and I am now in my 50s.

Accidents can happen with many activities. In my younger years I did stupid sh*t that could have very easily killed me. Some people I knew well weren't as lucky.

You then develop very defensive riding skills, but it's important to stay humble and always accept the fact that motorcycling can be cruel and unforgiving. I know motorcycle riders that always try to find fault with the motorcycle rider that had an accident... "oh you target fixated" is a classic one in online forums when people describe accidents. Well, I'd probably indeed target fixate on the car that makes a left turn right in front of me, just like I'd fixate on a great white shark charging at me with open jaws, dammit try not to... But every outdoor activity and many indoor ones entail risks, and it's not as if we're wingsuit flying off a cliff...

I haven't had a motorcycle accident in over 30 years (knock on wood) but have had the inevitable close calls with distracted drivers, retarded deer running across and what not... but I can't stop, just like I can't stop scuba diving or surfing or ocean swimming.

A life without passions is not worth living. Rock on, brothers and sisters!
I had a serious accident (with a Vespa PX) at 27 years of age that left me 50% disabled ... do you think I stopped? Never!
I started again at 31 years of age (I had stopped for a pancreatic tumor) with a Garelli Mosquito, a bicycle equipped with an auxiliary motor with roller transmission on wheel.
Then I switched to an Aprilia Rally 50 LC scooter, an Aprilia Leonardo 150, a Yamaha Majesty 250 DX (I had two), a Piaggio Beverly 250, an Aprilia Scarabeo 400, a Yamaha T Max 500, a Yahama X Max 250 ABS and today a three-wheeled Yamaha Tricity 155.
It's been 32 years without incident since then ... and I hope it goes on like this.
Addicted
2020 GTS 300 HPE
Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:53 am quote
Max6200 wrote:
Love your attitude about riding after adversity.

Can't wait to ride again myself after this f***** broken hip.
Sorry to hear about the hip, Max. I didn't break mine, but had it replaced. It takes time... and work. Hang in there and keep your eye on "the prize"... it was getting back on the scoot that kept me working so hard after the PT guy left.

Sending good vibes for fast and full healing.
Hooked
GTS250ie "Mechanical Squirrel", MP3 500 Touring "the Donkey", '66 Honda Benly, Suzuki 250 cafe "Mouse", Jawa 350TS
Location: Burlington ONT... Directly above the center of the earth.
Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:50 am quote
I was ordered off the bike by my doctor a while back. Internal injuries had cost me a few painful surgeries and doc figure the bikes werenít helping. So I went home and mothballed my machinery and locked the garage.

But its an addiction, marginally cheaper than cocaine and safer than women but completely unshakeable... once you ride you just canít give it up all that easily.

So about ten days later the Enfield came back out, a Ninja was added a few months later, then the Vespa a few years after that and so on...

That was back in 2002 and Iím still at it... ya just gotta keep going!
Hooked
Honda Aero 1100
Sat Jan 16, 2021 8:04 am quote
shc wrote:
What accessories did you choose?
Went with the Faco "tall" windshield and really like it except it is taller than I like so will try to get it cut down. All the mid heights are too low and never consider a fly screen. Also got the rear crash bar from Scooter West plus the top case. I am an old school biker so chrome is king...
Scooting the Ozarks is a scooter rally held in Eureka Springs, Arkansas offering riders scenic twisty rides, poker run, and more.   Vespa Wasp Pin Badges   Cool Ass scooter seat cover
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion
[ Time: 0.2244s ][ Queries: 25 (0.0545s) ][ Debug on ]