Jet Gauges
Post Reply    Forum -> Not-So-Modern
Ossessionato
76 Sprint V, 63 GL, 62 VBB, 05 Stella
Wed Feb 17, 2021 4:42 am quote
I know that measuring jets for their actual (rather than stated/stamed) size has come up in a couple places on here, so I was curious if anyone had ever tried out this jet gauge that Scooter Center sells?

It's cheap enough that I'll be the crash test dummy and throw one in my cart for my next order, but I also wanted to see if anyone else had seen/used it.
Ossessionato
62 VBB1T Round Tail W/ leaner sidecar
Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:23 am quote
CM - I have one of the gauges.
Trouble is - it doesn't always have the size I want.
I like to sort my jets from large to small using measures rather than the printed numbers.
It not only identifies the big misses which can throw you way off (122 marked that measures 114...) but you can also will sort subtitles - which is probably why certain 120 jets are my favorite vs other 120 jets (for example).

To aid in the sorting, I bought these: see below.
They come in 10 packs of ea. size - so I can't use all I have.
Hit me with a PM with your address and I will send you a set.

I mic the rods - then use them to test the jets.
I use this in combo with the jet tool - but the longer rods just work better in my view.
Even when two jets fit - one slips more cleanly than the other some times.
Can really measure subtitles like this and have confidence with jet size/ choose faves within a size.

Screen Shot 2021-02-18 at 9.21.55 AM.png

Molto Verboso
2007 Stella 225
Scooting the Ozarks is a scooter rally held in Eureka Springs, Arkansas offering riders scenic twisty rides, poker run, and more.   vespa scooterwest scooter west Motorsport Scooters   Scooter Parts Company
Post Reply    Forum -> Not-So-Modern
[ Time: 0.2066s ][ Queries: 27 (0.0391s) ][ Debug on ]