2015 Primavera 150 Sputtering thru exhaust
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion
Lurker
Primavera
Thu Feb 18, 2021 3:00 pm quote
My 2015 Primavera 150 has recently began to sputter a soft spitting out the exhaust when I come off the throttle to slow or stop. I replaced the plug to no avail. I call my local dealer (75 miles away) and asked about the issue. His reply was that's normal. Bull, it's been normal not to do that until recent. 4,800 miles on her Fuel is always high octane. If there someone on here, (My first post here) that has seen this issue, I'd appreciate their knowledge. It runs great, just spits like camel. .
Hooked
Montebianco Primavera, Subaru turbo with Vespa trans
Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:17 pm quote
Unfortunately it's pretty common, my started after only 1500 miles.
Hooked
BV250, BV500
Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:45 pm quote
You should tighten the bolts and nuts that hold your exhaust system to the head and the clamp between the pipe and the muffler. Tiny amounts of air leakage can cause it to "backfire" just a bit.
Lurker
Primavera
Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:58 pm quote
Yes, I noticed mine started to make a soft sputter from the exhaust today. I've never heard it sputter until today and was thinking something is wrong. Hence I'm here.

It's a 2019 Primavera 150 with about 1250 miles.
Lurker
Primavera
Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:32 pm quote
Yep, it seems unwanted air can get into the exhaust and be a source of pipe sputter, but my system has no holes or rust, pipe is tight against the header and I hear no exhaust leakage, even ran water across it while running and seen no sign of air issues. I'm still checking out things, I don't feel it's fuel pump, not a weak spark plug as I put a high spark efficent plug in. I may do a compression check to see if there is a issue with the exhaust valve. I'm still on it, ug.
Scooting the Ozarks is a scooter rally held in Eureka Springs, Arkansas offering riders scenic twisty rides, poker run, and more.   vespa scooterwest scooter west Motorsport Scooters   Yelcome Leather Top Cases and Roll Bags for Piaggio Vespa PX LX LXV GTS GTV
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion
[ Time: 0.1313s ][ Queries: 23 (0.0334s) ][ Debug on ]