Can someone clarify iGET technology for a new Vespa owner?
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion
Sprint 50
Sat Feb 20, 2021 3:55 am quote
Hey Guys,

So the answer to this seemingly basic question has proven difficult to find. But can someone explain to me in plain language the benefits of the iGET technology, specifically to a 2019 4T Sprint / Primavera 50cc?

I've tried the forum, and can't really find anything with search, and Google is even more confusing showing me what I interpret as conflicting information.

I'm picking up said 2019 50cc 4T Sprint in the beginning of March, and I'm trying to determine 2 things:

1. Is this model officially with the iGet? Because some YouTube videos I have found say the 2019's are equipped with it, but then some links I find such as this - https://bikez.com/motorcycles/vespa_sprint_50_2019.php state the scooter is carburated? I can't find any official Vespa documentation.

2. Provided it is iGET, as I understand this is just a fancy way of saying fuel injected correct? So no more jetting, kick start also gone, no need to "run" the motor every now and the in the colder months to prevent gunk build up? Etc.

Am I understanding this correctly, or have I horribly oversimplified things? haha

Oh, and btw, before the answers of "check with the dealer" come in, that's extraordinarily difficult currently due to COVID and how reachable they are. Phone Service for stuff like this in Germany is horrific under normal conditions, throw a pandemic in the mix and it's like pulling teeth. So I figured I'd try my luck here
Veni, Vidi, Posti
In garage: Yamaha Tricity 155 Urban 2019 - MV Agusta 125 RS 1956
Sat Feb 20, 2021 4:20 am quote
https://www.piaggio.com/de_DE/
Hooked
Vespa Supertech 2019 (EURO3/APAC)
Sat Feb 20, 2021 11:29 am quote
That bikez link says it has 32HP (23.4kW). Clearly not a reliable page
Addicted
2010 S50 Modified "Punkin"; 2003 ET4 Malossi 187 "ISO"
Sat Feb 20, 2021 2:48 pm quote
Greetings:

What if it's true!? I'm-a-gonna get me one of them 32 HP 50s!

i is for Injection, I am nearly certain. GET stands for Gross European Tyranny, as the EU has implemented ever-more-stringent emissions control requirements to deal with the air quality in its larger cities.

Due at least in part to the Smog-Stifling, and 3- and 4-valve wizardry notwithstanding, these 49cc 4-stroke engines manage barely more than 4 HP in stock form and the top speed advertised depends heavily upon favorable winds.

Fortunately Malossi the has stuff - at least for the older models - to bring performance up considerably. For racing purposes only, of course. 60 MPH is achievable, with no machine work using bolt-on parts only. They will likely service the iGet engines in due course if they haven't already.
Hooked
Vespa Supertech 2019 (EURO3/APAC)
Sat Feb 20, 2021 3:00 pm quote
do you have the VIN number?

the prefix of the VIN will tell you if it's an iGet

enter it into http://static.piaggio.com/recall/form-piaggio_en.html and this will tell you which it is
Veni, Vidi, Posti
LX190, Primavera
Sat Feb 20, 2021 3:15 pm quote
The photo you posted doesn't look like a new engine. There are multiple 50cc engines around the world too, including a two stroke, so it's hard for most of us to know what the german market model is likely to be.

I think the biggest change for iGet was the stop start technology. Not sure if that made it to the 50cc models.
Addicted
GTS 250ie Super, Italjet Velocifero, Scarabeo 150, S50, ET4, ET2
Sat Feb 20, 2021 3:49 pm quote
Quick way to tell is where the oil dipstick is. The 4valve Sprint has it on the left side under the CVT cover. It also says 4T and has a kick starter. The iGet 3 valve does not have the kick start.
Sprint 50
Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:00 am quote
lol 32 hp on 50cc...ok yeah that kind debunks this page.

Thanks for the tips guys, I'll check up on all of these things today, especially the VIN
Sprint 50
Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:07 am quote
Lol Piaggio not making this easy
So I ran the VIN number in my paperwork on the link http://static.piaggio.com/recall/form-piaggio_en.html and funnily enough, the result kinda changes with the VIN depending on what language I use.

Anyways, of course the only difference seems to be iGET being listed in the German results, but not in English. So I guess this whole iGET thing / verbiage is just a European thing?

Here's the results from the site.

The sent VIN number is : ZAPCA01xxxxxxxxx

The request has been forwarded. Result of request:

NO recall campaigns are pending for this vehicle
VESPA SPRINT 50/4T-3V E4 FL'18 NERO P.

Die von Ihnen angegebene Rahmennummer ist: ZAPCA01xxxxxxxx

Der Antrag wurde korrekt weitergeleitet. Ergebnis des Antrags:

Für dieses Fahrzeug sind KEINE Rückrufkampagnen durchzuführen
VESPA SPRINT 50 IGET E4 NERO 94
Team Scooter Trash for Petfinder Foundation   DoubleGood Vespa T-Shirts   AF1 Racing Vespa Austin
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion
[ Time: 0.1388s ][ Queries: 23 (0.0195s) ][ Debug on ]