OP
UTC

Hooked
MP3 250

Hooked
MP3 250
UTC quote
So after giving up hope on my 250. I have plumped up and purchased a 2009 MP3 500
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
@maksor avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
Gilera Fuoco 500ie

Ossessionato
@maksor avatar
Gilera Fuoco 500ie
UTC quote
congrets
OP
UTC

Hooked
MP3 250

Hooked
MP3 250
UTC quote
Thanks
UTC

Hooked
Piaggio MP3 500

Hooked
Piaggio MP3 500
UTC quote
I have one too! Nice acquisition! Remember to always use fresh premium fuel and check the air filter for oil pooling, and grease those steering bearings! Looks like the previous owner took good care of it- love those road pegs.
OP
UTC

Hooked
MP3 250

Hooked
MP3 250
UTC quote
Absolutely. This one is in great shape and looked after well. Question though got a little bit on vibration I put it down to it being a 500 but wondered whether that's normal.
UTC

Hooked
BV250, BV500

Hooked
BV250, BV500
UTC quote
That's a pretty big single cylinder engine. Engines this size are often called thumpers. You can feel their power strokes clearly, and they tend to be set up to run a little more slowly at low speeds because they have so much more power, and you'll feel some vibration starting off. I got in the habit of enjoying the power and accelerating harder.
UTC

Molto Verboso
2015 MP3 500 ie Business

Molto Verboso
2015 MP3 500 ie Business
UTC quote
wentwest wrote:
...and you'll feel some vibration starting off. I got in the habit of enjoying the power and accelerating harder.
Get some proper sized vario roller weights and the vibration can be eliminated.
UTC

Hooked
2019 MP3 500 Sport

Hooked
2019 MP3 500 Sport
UTC quote
Congrats and welcome to a discerning club

I have had high powered sports bikes for over 30 years (and still have one), but the MP3 500 is the most fun I have had in a while, plus it is eminently practical with its storage space. Given that I am a single household (well my cat would disagree, or perhaps completely agree as he barely tolerates me ), I barely ever start my car anymore.

Mine is still pretty new (did hit 2,222 miles today), so need to get into doing some basic maintenance myself (but I'll take it to the dealer every 6k miles, I am not dealing with body panel removal)...
@ridetilldawn avatar
UTC

MP3 500

@ridetilldawn avatar
MP3 500
UTC quote
Congrats-that's a tight looking 09' Gilera Fuoco. I just purchased an 08', and really enjoying having it in my quiver.
UTC

Hooked
Piaggio MP3 ie 400 (RIP)

Hooked
Piaggio MP3 ie 400 (RIP)
UTC quote
A beauty! Congrats,
There was one with about 600kilos on it, but I was not ready to buy then, I wish I had, Enjoy and safe riding!
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0623s ][ Queries: 14 (0.0371s) ][ Debug on ][ 313 ][ Thing One ]