New models
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion
Lurker
Sun Apr 04, 2021 5:12 pm quote
Hello,

Newbie here - I think I am on the verge of purchasing a Vespa (likely new). Never had an interest in Vespas, never ridden one, but have had a few motorcycles (down to one now) and have ridden scooters on vacations numerous times (Japanese varieties).

Anyways, just curious how often models are upgraded. Am interested in a Primavera 150 and read it was upgraded in 2018. This means the 2021 model would be the fourth year. Is there a possibility 2022 will bring significant upgrades, like 4 year cycles on some car models?
Hooked
Gts 300 notte
Sun Apr 04, 2021 6:57 pm quote
go for it dude! i dont know about upgrade cycles, but i do know that i think last year was the first year vespa released an electric model. it looks really slick too
Veni, Vidi, Posti
LX190, Primavera
Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:13 pm quote
Upgrades are usually incremental. There's a TFT dash and some connected stuff in the pipeline that may become standard or not over the next few years. Otherwise they like to change colours and add/remove farkles to differentiate between model years.

I wouldn't wait a year to buy because that one more year you're scooterless.
Hooked
PX200
Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:19 pm quote
Like the previous poster said, new models seem to be incremental sometimes adding upgraded features and sometimes upgrading to meet emissions laws and the likes...

What they rarely do is a complete overhaul... Some manufactures will change out an engine type entirely, or change a chassis on a whim... Body panels can be completely different from one year to the next.

Vespa tend to take a long term view. The bikes last year's, metal monocoque chassis, the engine parts are readily available, resale is generally good...

You can get parts easily for a 50 year old Vespa and keep it on the road fairly easily. Can say that for a 50 year old Yamaha let alone a Chinese bike...

There will always be a newer model on the horizon, but if you take that view, you'll never have one. Get the Vespa you like and that suits you and just enjoy it...

And because they are incremental in design, no one will be looking down on you for not having the latest. And they are just so much fun!!!
Molto Verboso
Medley 150
Mon Apr 05, 2021 3:28 pm quote
New model for you. Primavera and GTS.
https://bikereview.com.au/vespa-marks-75th-anniversary-with-a-special-series/

BikeReview-Vespa-75TH10-1024x731.jpg

DoubleGood Vespa T-Shirts  
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion
[ Time: 0.1296s ][ Queries: 25 (0.0285s) ][ Debug on ]