Introduction - UK, GTS 300 Super owner
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion
Lurker
Ď20 GTS 300 Super hpe Notte
Mon Apr 05, 2021 3:16 am quote
Hello all,

I bought a brand new GTS 300 Super ďNotteĒ the end of last year, the last of the Euro 4 hpe models.

Iíve ridden motorbikes for a long time but knew nothing of Vespaís but wanted something perfect for commuting across my new home city of Manchester.

After liking the look of 2010ish blacked out Supersport models, I stumbled across the ďNotteĒ in a local dealership and fell in love. Iím not one for chrome and everything being blacked out looked a bit more me.

Sadly however, itís been a short lived romance.
While the GTS proved to be the perfect commuter, the world has changed a lot since October...

I no longer need such an accomplished city commuter and ďBruceĒ is going up for sale.

I will of course add a post to the classifieds section but Iíd love to hear any thoughts and opinions on what a 2020 GTS hpe Notte with only 600 miles might be worth...

There donít seem to be many GTS 300ís around, never mind in this trim.

Itís going in for its first service soon and will be interesting to see what the original deal ship value it at.

4639AAD0-B319-464E-A90D-70FC8C84B1A2.jpeg

Lurker
Mon Apr 05, 2021 3:23 am quote
Seems the forum doesnít like vertical pics, so here, have another!

[/img]

F54A69AA-B172-4008-8206-2A8C28256801.jpeg

Ossessionato
2016 Vespa GTS300ie abs/asr/ess Settantesimo '70'
Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:00 am quote
Hi, can't help you with much with the current used price on that model but would you not consider keeping it for the fun factor and the delights of riding out with other Vespa fans? There are plenty of online clubs that you can join who have get togethers and lunch ride outs throughout the year, although of course not during lockdowns.

The GTS is one of the top selling scooters in the Uk in it's class and runs rings around most other mid range bikes and scoots. They have a brilliant reliability record and just go for years and years if you look after them. Easy to work on and cheap...ish to run!

If you really do want to sell, and in view of the current demand for quality new and used bikes which is the highest it's been for years, the depreciation on your bike should be minimal. Check out local and national prices on Bike Trader, and start looking around at dealer pricing, remembering that if you sell privately you need to charge less money for it.

I'm down south east way in the country and regularly (in normal times) use my Vespa GTS300 to do the few hundred miles to Manchester. They are great on long runs so just saying don't act too hastily before you get to know the bikes abilities. You may regret it. However, good luck in whatever you decide to do.

PS. Maxi-muppets is a great UK scooter site. I'm a member on there and we regularly organise rideouts across the country. You get to meet great people and see their bikes. All good fun.

Good luck.
Addicted
2018 Vespa 300 GTS Touring
Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:40 am quote
The price you will get for your Vespa will depend on the market conditions in and around where you are. Forget what ya paid for it or how well it is maintained etc. If you are not in a hurry to get it sold, then wait for the market to come to you.
Though as "Stormrider" states, why not hold on to it, as the GTS300 is a great vehicle and like most modern vehicles when maintained they can last a long time.
Molto Verboso
2013 GTS300ie
Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:02 am quote
Since when has "need" been a reason to keep a Vespa ?

You are a Vespa rider or you are not.

If you are financially over-extended, by all means sell it.
If not, riding your Vespa will continue to give pleasure in greater measure than any 4-wheeler... with a few exceptions that I could not afford the insurance for.

I am addicted to the less frenetic pace of life on my two Vespas.
Lurker
Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:20 pm quote
Appreciate the comments.

It is a great little machine and makes absolute mincemeat of my commute! Why anyone drives into city centre everyday is beyond me... literally doubles my commute time over 6 miles if I take the car and itís amazing how practical the Vespa is in bad weather. Used to getting a soggy butt and waterlogged shoes commuting on big bikes!
Buying the Vespa actually worked out cheaper than paying for city centre parking everyday!!

Reason for selling is that Iím looking to get into some off-road riding, green lanes and that kind of thing. Fancied it for a while and Iím no longer stuck commuting 5 days a week, so something that can commute and crawl down muddy trails is on the cards.

My Ducati is a lifelong partner and unfortunately even man maths canít justify a car and 3 bikes, so something has to give.

I can see another Vespa in the garage at some point though, perhaps a 125 so my girlfriend can make use of it too. See if life on two wheels gets under her skin. 300 is amazing though, always wins the traffic light Grand Prix!!
Hooked
2007 Vespa 250 GTS
Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:49 am quote
I have a pickup truck and a Buick and the Vespa and a majesty and a Chinese dirt bike. I don't worry about the math I just enjoy them. I'm suggesting you keep yours so people like me can come to Europe and rent it from you and it would be producing income. If you are willing to consider that, please let us know. And how much would it be to rent it for a month, that would give me time to check out the Alps
I'd like to arrive in mid June and stay to a mid July, I'm willing to pay $500 for that length of time to have access to your lovely Vespa.
  DoubleGood Vespa T-Shirts  
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion
[ Time: 0.2676s ][ Queries: 25 (0.0499s) ][ Debug on ]