OP
UTC

Molto Verboso
One or two fun scoots....nothing too precious

Molto Verboso
UTC quote
Finally, someone has made an old style slotted mixture screw for the later, fine thread Spaco carb. Now you can use a proper blanking grommet on the carb box. This is a BGM item. Of course, modding your own may still be your preference
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
@108 avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
PX 200

Ossessionato
@108 avatar
PX 200
UTC quote
Re: At long last
swa45 wrote:
Finally, someone has made an old style slotted mixture screw for the later, fine thread Spaco carb. Now you can use a proper blanking grommet on the carb box. This is a BGM item. Of course, modding your own may still be your preference
Nice... does it stick out of the carb box? or rubber grommet and then access to the screw?

Never a fan of the hex bolt style...
OP
UTC

Molto Verboso

Molto Verboso
UTC quote
I'll let you know when mine arrives. My expectation is that it lives entirely within the carb box, like in the good old days, so the full grommet can be fitted. It also means that we can get carbs on and off the old style studs without removing the mixture screw !!
@108 avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
PX 200

Ossessionato
@108 avatar
PX 200
UTC quote
swa45 wrote:
I'll let you know when mine arrives. My expectation is that it lives entirely within the carb box, like in the good old days, so the full grommet can be fitted. It also means that we can get carbs on and off the old style studs without removing the mixture screw !!
That's what i'd be hoping too and it'd be great if it's like the older style

The grommet around the hex screw was a nightmare to deal with and always leaked bad after the rubber hardened... not the best design
UTC

Jet Eye Master
PX221 MHR, O tuned PX200, PX181 Quattrini and some motorbikes

Jet Eye Master
PX221 MHR, O tuned PX200, PX181 Quattrini and some motorbikes
UTC quote
Great. All the moans about the hex spaco screw are now over.
@67gt125 avatar
UTC

Addicted
1967 Granturismo 177, 1979 P200E, 1974 Primavera 125 Hooligans S/C Seattle/Austin

Addicted
@67gt125 avatar
1967 Granturismo 177, 1979 P200E, 1974 Primavera 125 Hooligans S/C Seattle/Austin
UTC quote
Re: At long last
swa45 wrote:
I've been collecting those suckers over the years as if they were gold (actual gold).

Nice to know they are not unobtanium any more.
@robbie_11 avatar
UTC

Hooked
PX

Hooked
@robbie_11 avatar
PX
UTC quote
swa45 wrote:
Just what Ive been dreaming of...
Can you please add the web link so I can order one?
Cheers...
OP
UTC

Molto Verboso

Molto Verboso
UTC quote
Robbie 11 wrote:
swa45 wrote:
Just what Ive been dreaming of...
Can you please add the web link so I can order one?
Cheers...
https://www.scooter-center.com/en/fuel/air-mixture-screw-bgm-pro-conversion-short-si20/20d-si24/24e-si24/24h-thread-m5-x-0.50mm-thin-pin-oe-0.65mm-type-vespa-px-with-slotted-screw-used-as-conversion-fine-thread-long/hexagon-to-fine-thread-short-slotted-screw-bgm7305?number=BGM7305
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0604s ][ Queries: 12 (0.0312s) ][ Debug on ][ 313 ][ Thing One ]