Service mileage and warranty?
Post Reply    Forum -> Project Reports
Enthusiast
Vespa GTS
Sun Oct 14, 2007 11:56 am quote
I have a question for you guys and gals.

I'm booked in for the 1000km service on Wednesday and currently have 996km on the speedo.

Not a problem so far, but.....we are forecast some reasonable weather here in the north of england for the early part of the week but I can't ride for fear of going over the 1000km point and invalidating the warranty

How picky are piaggio over sticking to the designated service mileage?, or do they allow some flexibility?

Any ideas, greatly welcome
Enthusiast
Vespa GTS
Sun Oct 14, 2007 11:58 am quote
Doh!!!

Just realised I was actually in Project Reports. I'll try that in General Discussion then, should I

I'll get me coat
gt 125L
Wed Oct 17, 2007 1:10 pm quote
My own gt was in today for the 3rd service ( 6000 km ) but I had 6700 on the clock ! in fact i`ve never had my scooter in on the right mileage and it`s never a problem.
Rest assured , Piaggio , as I hope your dealer has informed you, you are not too fussy about a few extra klicks on the clock , in fact I find that they are very obliging when it comes to any warranty issue ( no matter what the cost of parts and labour ) as long as you are not trying to take the piss.
Just make sure your scooter is tip top while in warranty ,before it becomes your problem and not theirs
Missouri Loves Company Rally   Vespa Wasp Pin Badges   Scooter Parts Company
Post Reply    Forum -> Project Reports
[ Time: 0.2413s ][ Queries: 23 (0.0435s) ][ Debug on ]