Carb tuning on a unknown scooter
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion
Hooked
Vespa LX150
Sun Apr 09, 2006 7:33 am quote
A guy keeps emailing me asking about carb tuning. he does not own a vespa but this is the only place I can think of turning to. I really am not sure what kind of scoot he owns. I think it is one of those JAP. scooters or something.
He says his scoot is slugish and wanted to knwo if I knew anything about tuning a carb. He called the factory and they never called him back. Any ideas how to fix a brand new slugish scoot?
Thanks.
Ossessionato
Sun Apr 09, 2006 11:05 am quote
It could be a number of problems other than carburetion. I would send him to the BBS. There still are a few technical people there. If he can accurately describe the problems he's having in more detail, then perhaps somebody could help him trouble shoot.

As a good first step, he should pull the spark plug and have a look at it. If it looks right, then he might be having transmission or other problems.
Hooked
Vespa LX150
Sun Apr 09, 2006 11:07 am quote
thanks I will send him there. He is signed up to my forum but never psots anything. he always emails me and I am not even close to a machanic.
So I will try to encurage him to sign up to that site and post something.
Hooked
KYMCo Vitality 2004
Sun Apr 09, 2006 1:23 pm quote
If it turns out rather to be a Chinese scoot, I'd also recommend the forum over at www.scootdawg.com which is devoted to GY6 clones.
Hooked
Vespa LX150
Sun Apr 09, 2006 1:27 pm quote
Sorry for the confsion on the scoot country. I am just another person that is used to the jap cars.
Hooked
KYMCo Vitality 2004
Sun Apr 09, 2006 1:58 pm quote
Actually it could be Japanese, China right now is drowning us in scooters, that's why I suggested it might be Chinese. Lets see...

Vespa, Piaggio and Aprillia are Italian
KYMCo and TGB are Tawainese
Stella and Bajaj are Indian
Some Yamaha are Tawainese and some are Japanese
Most of the others are Chinese

Boy, its complicated, no?
Hooked
Vespa LX150
Sun Apr 09, 2006 2:45 pm quote
I think his brand of scoot starts with a "J"
Team Scooter Trash for Petfinder Foundation   vespa scooterwest scooter west Motorsport Scooters   Cool Ass scooter seat cover
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion
[ Time: 0.3767s ][ Queries: 23 (0.0431s) ][ Debug on ]