74 and sunny!
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Yamaha Vstar classic 650 'Yamama' (Currently waspless but don't count me out!)
Mon Apr 10, 2006 5:08 pm quote
Today I got out of work and it was 74 and sunny. Up till now most of my riding has been in the 30's and 40's. I went out, zipped off the outer layer of my Techniks jacket, opened the vents on my helmet all the way, jumped on Milena and took off for home... it was beautiful!

While scooting home, I was reminded of how thankful I have been for this forum. I appreciate all the input and feedback I've gotten from everyone. Because of your help here:

I know what I can and can't do to my scooter along with what I want to and don't want to do.
    I was able to go into a mechanic early on and at least have some ideas of what wasn't wrong.
    I found sources for good stuff.
    I got equipment recommendations for helmets, gloves and body armor, and more stuff that I learned not to buy.
    I feel more comfortable should something go wrong while I'm on the road.
    I have a better understanding of riding, safety and how to really enjoy my scoot.
    I have a better understanding of the product line and accessories.
    ...and I've had a lot of fun with all you people!

There are a lot of other things I've learned too, and before I get too mushy, thanks to those of you who have done this for a while helping those of us who are just trying to find the throttle.

I wish you all "74 and sunny" on your scoots!
Ossessionato
2005 Dragon Red Vespa ET4 Speedster
Tue Apr 11, 2006 7:27 am quote
Sniffle, sniffle...Bwahahahahaha. I'm not crying because I'm caught up in the emotion, it's just...well...oh, hell...yes I am. We love you too, Man!!!

Also, because I drove my car today and it's supposed to reach the 80 degree mark.
Molto Verboso
Tue Apr 11, 2006 8:47 am quote
You need a hug Man !

I was thinking about how much I've learned here too. When I 1st got the scoot I could not find the gear box oil drain, so I sent it out for service. Now I can change my oil, filters, tires, fuel line, sparkplug, and soon belt, rollers, variator and clutch. (I just need a torque wrench and a rainy day) I can maintain the battery and I also know where to find the evap hose. I'm wearing a full face helmet, body armor, and gloves all the time now. Thanks to all that participate here.

Tim

[edit: copied image to my site, since it didn't look like the original liked linking.]
Hooked
2005 GT200-Vintage Green, 2004 BMW R1150RT-Biarritz Blue, 9' 4wt G Loomis
Tue Apr 11, 2006 12:15 pm quote
Wow, that is so touching. But shouldn't you be thinking about what is 12 sec ahead of you? Instead of letting your mind drift to MV.

That's a nice name for your scoot. Mine is Malandrina (naughty girl)
Modératrice
2005 Cobalt Blue ET4
Tue Apr 11, 2006 2:39 pm quote
Jeez! You boys have such a struggle keeping your emotions under control! But you're just so darn *cute* when you're sharing your feelings!

Aw, shucks-- it's true! MV's one fine community. Thanks, everyone.
2019 Fall Gathering - September 12 - 15, Hungry Mother State Park, Marion, VA   vespa scooterwest scooter west Motorsport Scooters   Yelcome Leather Top Cases and Roll Bags for Piaggio Vespa PX LX LXV GTS GTV
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion
[ Time: 0.1448s ][ Queries: 23 (0.0381s) ][ Debug on ]