@jaws avatar
UTC

Enthusiast
GT 200

Enthusiast
@jaws avatar
GT 200
UTC quote
It seems to be a common theme getting a stuck glove box, despite my efforts of prising, pushing the key 200 times while thumping the door I couldn't open the damn thing.
A more scientific approach was required I opened up the right hand panel (on advice from others on this forum) and proceeded to pull on everything that looked like it would move ( I think the wiring is now longer than it was before) no go, soo I got a mirror and with a torch saw a spring directly behind the catch stuck a thin screw driver in it and levered while pushing the key/catch and wallah! it opened.
I still don't know why it was stuck after an oil it works fine so fingers crossed (at least I can fix now)
This pic is the access panel
[im]http://www.smugmug.com/photos/64846021-L.jpg[/img]
this shows the mirror image with the pesky spring
External inline image provided by member with no explanatory text
Cheers,
John[img][/img]
⚠️ Last edited by jaws on UTC; edited 1 time
@steve avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
'06 Vespa LX150, '07 Suzuki Burgman 400, '05 Honda Metropolitan

Ossessionato
@steve avatar
UTC quote
John,

I can't see your Smugmug photos. Do you have them in a public gallery or one that is not by invite? The format is the same as the photos I've linked, and they show up OK, so I can't figure out why yours don't.

BTW, that's a really cool trailer you built! That would look perfect behind my '58 MGA! Nice job. I'm assuming there are bunks inside?
@chetwynder avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
Baart-less

Ossessionato
@chetwynder avatar
Baart-less
UTC quote
Re: Stuck glove box
jaws wrote:
wallah!

John
Geez, I hate to be a nit-picker but the word you are looking for is actually 'voila' - it's French expressing satisfaction for an accomplishment - there's an accent mark (backwards apostrophe)over the 'a'.
Wallah means to be employed at a particular occupation or activity.

That's the end of the english lesson for today folks!

Dave
OP
@jaws avatar
UTC

Enthusiast
GT 200

Enthusiast
@jaws avatar
GT 200
UTC quote
thats my last attempt at frenchlish
OP
@jaws avatar
UTC

Enthusiast
GT 200

Enthusiast
@jaws avatar
GT 200
UTC quote
Smorris wrote:
John,

I can't see your Smugmug photos. Do you have them in a public gallery or one that is not by invite? The format is the same as the photos I've linked, and they show up OK, so I can't figure out why yours don't.

BTW, that's a really cool trailer you built! That would look perfect behind my '58 MGA! Nice job. I'm assuming there are bunks inside?
Are you saying you cant see the two photos I posted yet somehow have seen my whole smugmugsite?
John
@steve avatar
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
@steve avatar
UTC quote
jaws wrote:
Are you saying you cant see the two photos I posted yet somehow have seen my whole smugmugsite?
John
Yep, that's what I am saying. Can anyone else see John's images in this thread?

When I right click on the broken image links, I get the URL for them of http://jaws23.smugmug.com/photos/64649880-L.jpg yet when I paste that into a new window (using Firefox) it comes up blank and says "Done"

So I backed off a few characters and looked at your root smugmug directory http://jaws23.smugmug.com/ and didn't see a gallery related to scooters, but I did see the teardrop trailer. Looks like an interesting project.

When I create a gallery, I have the option of public, private, and invite (or something similar.) Public is just that, anyone who goes to your smugmug gallery can see it. Private is like public, but does not show up in the directory structure. You basically have to know it is there. I use this for things like family birthday parties, and I send the link to friends and family. But no password or anything else special is needed.

Then there's that whole invite thing, where you have to receive an invitation with a password to view a gallery or photo. I haven't really looked into that too much, as I never saw a need for it.

I thought maybe your photos were of the latter type, which might be why I can't see them. Or it could just be me...

And since I saw yours, here's mine
http://smorris.smugmug.com
@barrej avatar
UTC

Enthusiast
gt200

Enthusiast
@barrej avatar
gt200
UTC quote
Me too. Damn glove box sticks
Me too. Can't access your photos.

-John
OP
@jaws avatar
UTC

Enthusiast
GT 200

Enthusiast
@jaws avatar
GT 200
UTC quote
I think I know what happened after posting the photos here I deleted them from Smugmug, i think they are up now?
Some Smugmug photos are privacy protected, but I guess there is a way around everything, no big deal anyway.
Cheers,
John
The Teardrop I built only gets used occasionally but its good fun.
Cheers,
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0625s ][ Queries: 11 (0.0319s) ][ Debug on ][ 313 ][ Thing One ]