GTS Street Rod!
Post Reply    Forum -> Project Reports
Hooked
ET 4, GTS 250
Sat Jan 12, 2008 7:03 pm quote
Here's a shot of my new GTS. Street fighter style. My ET is chromed out so I'm loving the yin-yang of the two bikes. All chrome was either removed or powder coated black, lights blacked out, wheels powder coated, custom paint - matte black and silver. Added the GIVI case - kind of "cramps the scoot's style" but I need the extra space. Next up is a new seat - pirate upholstery - thinking black with double racing stripes in silver/grey. Anyone have any opinion on that? Also, when i bought the GIVI, I chose to not do the silver top and instead did all matte black. Thinking I should have got the silver - again, anyone have any thoughts? I could order the silver top for a few more bucks so I might end up doing that. PS - thanks to all the GIVI input from MV'ers - very helpful and I love the GIVI box, much nicer than the Vespa top case and about $125 less.

Untitled 2.jpg
Where's the chrome?

Untitled3.jpg
No chrome to be found!

Molto Verboso
Sat Jan 12, 2008 7:25 pm quote
Nice one, AK. A real cage fighter. Good work.
Hooked
2006 LX 150
Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:06 am quote
I am getting my new pirate upholsterey seat tomorrow! I got mine black with two competition orange racing stripes on it, and the gel inlay. I'll tell you what I think about it tomorrow, as far as your scoot, if you are going to do the seat with grey/silver racing stripes I think it would clash with the GIVI. I say go for the seat but change the topcase to silver with a mat black stripe or design on it (to tone down the silver).

Last edited by orangelightning on Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Hooked
2006 LX 150
Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:08 am quote
Oh yeah and, Your Scoot Rocks! Mad Props! Love The Chromelessness!

Last edited by orangelightning on Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Hooked
2006 LX 150
Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:19 am quote
Is that a scorpion exhaust? If it is you should write to Scorpion and see if they have the two strap mount design for your GTS, like on my LX150. If I am not wrong I think they have it for your GTS.
http://www.modernvespa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=19410&highlight=
here's a pic.
Ossessionato
Vespa GTS 250ie, and a GO-PED hehe!
Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:11 pm quote
nice scoot! its great to see scootersthat arent splashed with *look at me, im shiny!* chrome all over
Ossessionato
'15 Blue GTS300 Super, '18 White GTS300 Super
Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:34 pm quote
I love it, except for that front rack which I think spoils the whole effect.
But I really go for that lack of chrome.

Now what about that exhaust? I painted my PM black, and much prefer it that way. A can of high temperature engine spray will do the trick.

Mike
Ossessionato
Vespa GTS 250ie, and a GO-PED hehe!
Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:49 pm quote
Mike Holland wrote:

Now what about that exhaust? I painted my PM black, and much prefer it that way. A can of high temperature engine spray will do the trick.

Mike
you got a pic mike? i bet it looks the mutts nuts.
Hooked
Currently Vespaless
Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:57 pm quote
Nice Bike! How did you "black out" the lights/turn signals?
Addicted
Vespa LX150 w/mods, 1976 V90 smallie
Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:23 pm quote
I think this has inspired me to paint the lights on mine the color of the bike.
Hooked
ET 4, GTS 250
Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:12 pm quote
orangelightning wrote:
I am getting my new pirate upholsterey seat tomorrow! I got mine black with two competition orange racing stripes on it, and the gel inlay. I'll tell you what I think about it tomorrow, as far as your scoot, if you are going to do the seat with grey/silver racing stripes I think it would clash with the GIVI. I say go the seat but change the topcase to silver with a mat black stripe or design on it (to tone down the silver).
right now the entire top case is matte black - I was thinking of getting the silver top part but not sure, in any event, i'd probably do the back rest too. How long did it take from pirate to do your seat? they seem pretty nice and very responsive.
Hooked
ET 4, GTS 250
Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:14 pm quote
orangelightning wrote:
Oh yeah and, Your Scoot Rocks! Mad Props! Love The Chromelessness!
thanks, by the way - love the orange, my favorite color. If I were to repaint my et I'd do the same - right now it is all black and chrome! think ive got enough invested at this point!
Hooked
2006 LX 150
Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:16 pm quote
I ordered my seat from them on 12/28/07 and get it tomorrow 1/14/08, so just over two weeks I don't think thats too bad. It looks like you have a lot into your scoot, me too, I've done everything I could imagine and more, I just put on a chrome jettin visor, an alarm, and now the seat, and that's the last of the mods I want for my scoot.
Hooked
GTS 250 ie
Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:21 pm quote
suit scoot wrote:
Mike Holland wrote:

Mike
you got a pic mike? i bet it looks the mutts nuts.
Yeah, I'd quite like to see a picture of that too
Hooked
ET 4, GTS 250
Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:29 pm quote
orangelightning wrote:
Is that a scorpion exhaust? If it is you should write to Scorpion and see if they have the two strap mount design for your GTS, like on my LX150. If I am not wrong I think they have it for your GTS.
here's a pic.
Any idea on how I'd find out if I can get a double mount? Probably make it a bit more stable!?
Hooked
2006 LX 150
Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:56 am quote
AK wrote:
orangelightning wrote:
here's a pic.
Any idea on how I'd find out if I can get a double mount? Probably make it a bit more stable!?
This is the guy I talked to about getting the twin strap mount on my scorpion exhaust: Brian.Robinson@scorpion-exhausts.com
He was very helpful. With the new mount I can't even budge or shake my exhaust in any way, It's very stable.
Hooked
ET 4, GTS 250
Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:35 pm quote
orangelightning wrote:
AK wrote:
orangelightning wrote:
here's a pic.
This is the guy I talked to about getting the twin strap mount on my scorpion exhaust: Brian.Robinson@scorpion-exhausts.com
He was very helpful. With the new mount I can't even budge or shake my exhaust in any way, It's very stable.
Thanks, dropped him an E-mail. Did you throw it on yourself? Pretty simple? Looks easy enough.
Ossessionato
'15 Blue GTS300 Super, '18 White GTS300 Super
Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:53 pm quote
Sorry to but in on your topic, AK, but here is a pic of my GT with the PM pipe in black. Its the only pic I had on my computer, and the pipe isn't on the scooter at the moment as it is waiting for some new wadding from PM.

Mike

GT200L.jpg

Hooked
ET 4, GTS 250
Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:58 pm quote
Mike Holland wrote:
Sorry to but in on your topic, AK, but here is a pic of my GT with the PM pipe in black. Its the only pic I had on my computer, and the pipe isn't on the scooter at the moment as it is waiting for some new wadding from PM.

Mike
very nice - does it come in black like that? or did you paint it? how does it sound?
Hooked
2006 LX 150
Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:10 pm quote
No I had it put on with a bunch of other stuff. but if you are just changing the mount and not the pipe I'm sure you could do it yourself.
Hooked
ET 4, GTS 250
Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:03 pm quote
orangelightning wrote:
No I had it put on with a bunch of other stuff. but if you are just changing the mount and not the pipe I'm sure you could do it yourself.
Did you get your seat? How does it look - forward along some more shots of your scoot - love to see whatelse you did to it.
Hooked
2006 LX 150
Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:53 pm quote
Well my scoot was finally completed with the seat I got yesterday so all together this is what i did to it:
Malossi: Torque Driver, Clutch, Torsion Controller, Variator, 190cc kit, and kevlar belt.
A Scorpion jet flamed exhaust with new twin strap mount.
Bitubo shocks front and rear.
LED front running lights, turn signals, and brake light, also super white front bulb.
Chrome grips.
Floor mat.
Alarm.
Jettin Chrome Visor.
Custom painted 1970's GMC tangerine orange.
Custom seat from Pirate Upholstery with orange racing stripes and gel inlay (by the way it's awesome and I highly recommend going through Pirate, they were quick and did an awesome job).
S/X appeal saddle bags.
And custom license plate and license plate frame.
Today and yesterday were to crappy to take it out of the garage and take pictures, but tomorrow I plan on going for a ride and puttin' my ass on that new seat for the first time, so I will take up to date pictures tomorrow and post them up for you guys to check out. By the way I really love what you have done with your GTS street rod, AK. It's very nice, keep up with the Mods. I'll show you my scoot tomorrow.
Rallies Europe 2016   Vespa Wasp Pin Badges   Scooter Parts Company
Post Reply    Forum -> Project Reports
[ Time: 0.1729s ][ Queries: 25 (0.0371s) ][ Debug on ]