GTV windscreen, Motorsport Scooters exclusive!
Post Reply    Forum -> Scooter Gallery 12Next
Rock Star
Moto Guzzi V7 Classic
Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:23 am quote
Enjoy!

Keywords: windshield, flyscreen, windscreen
Banned

Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:54 am quote
That Looks Really Nice!!
Vespa should sell them that way!
Enthusiast
GT60, ET4
Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:25 am quote
OK Rex,
You got me. How do you like it? I've been wanting to replace mine. Looks really nice.
Jim
Rock Star
Moto Guzzi V7 Classic
Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:00 am quote
Yeah, it looks cool!

Okay, review. The original shield that comes with the GTV/GT60 is slightly thicker than this one. The rubber washer thingy that holds the shield isn't really made for this new screen (see illustration). Because of the height of this new screen and also because there's only two points that hold up this new screen in place, there's a little bit of rocking back and forth when riding at freeway speeds (which is usually noticeable beginning 50mph and above). You get used to it after a while. That's not a big issue for me. With this screen on, I don't have to fight against the wind. Do I like it? Yes. Do I recommend it? Yes!

GTV Screen.jpg

Last edited by Rex on Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Enthusiast
GT60, ET4
Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:19 am quote
Rex,
Thanks. BTW I've ordered one, you should get a commission check any time now. As far as the washer goes, is it a one piece thing, or two? I haven't had my windscreen off yet, but will soon. I was just wondering if I should try to find some gasket material to shim the gap with or not.
Thanks again,
Jim
Rock Star
Moto Guzzi V7 Classic
Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:22 am quote
JRBUSH wrote:
Rex,
Thanks. BTW I've ordered one, you should get a commission check any time now. As far as the washer goes, is it a one piece thing, or two? I haven't had my windscreen off yet, but will soon. I was just wondering if I should try to find some gasket material to shim the gap with or not.
Thanks again,
Jim
It's a one piece and it shaped like um...a reel from a film projector.

Disclaimer. In real life, there isn't a gap unlike my illustration. My illustration is exagerated to show that new screen is slightly thinner than the original, which consequently has a lot of room in the rubber thingy to move around. and I'm not really a doctor, but I play one on TV.

Last edited by Rex on Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Enthusiast
GT60, ET4
Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:28 am quote
Rex,
Thanks again, guess it's back to the drawing board. I'l let you know what I come up with. I figure I've got a few days before the new screen arrives.
Regards,
Jim
WHOoligan
1985 PX200E Arcobaleno : 2010/14 GTS300 S: RIP GTS250 @ 40K
Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:08 am quote
Beauty Ehh! Sorry for the Canadian Accent.

That looks so much better than the original one.
Ossessionato
Vespa GTS 250ie, and a GO-PED hehe!
Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:12 pm quote
doesnt that wobble like crazy at high speed?

i'd suggest something to brace against the screen to stop it snapping over time, especially if your a highway kinda guy

looks awesome compared to the cuppini one with a big black bit on it.

good job!
Rock Star
Moto Guzzi V7 Classic
Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:22 pm quote
suit scoot wrote:

i'd suggest something to brace against the screen to stop it snapping over time, especially if your a highway kinda guy

good job!
It wobbles, but not crazy enough to regret my purchase. It took me a few days to get used to it. I like the extra brace from the Cuppini brand (but I don't particularly like the shape and style of the Cuppini shield itself. To each his own. Thanks.
Ossessionato
Vespa GTS 250ie, and a GO-PED hehe!
Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:40 pm quote
Rex wrote:
suit scoot wrote:

good job!
It wobbles, but not crazy enough to regret my purchase. It took me a few days to get used to it. I like the extra brace from the Cuppini brand (but I don't particularly like the shape and style of the Cuppini shield itself. To each his own. Thanks.
your screen looks 20 times better than the cuppini one, i dont know why they put the black piece on it

it'd be a decent screen if it didnt have the awful black triangle in the middle
Addicted
Avio Grey '07 GTV250
Fri Mar 21, 2008 1:50 pm quote
Rex, does the windscreen follow the same angle upward as the original? I am trying to figure out if I can tuck my head down at high speed and not hit it. Or does this screen eliminate any need to do so anyway?
Rock Star
Moto Guzzi V7 Classic
Fri Mar 21, 2008 4:14 pm quote
Hmm..tucking behind it won't work unless you're shorter than 5' 4" or something. The GTV's infamous seat which makes you sit foward closer to the handlebar is the culprit.
Addicted
'07 LX150 (Dragon Red), '06 GTS250ie (Black)
Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:53 pm quote
that's cool! hey you could find a smallish thing to wedge into the gap, maybe like slide a small part of a zip-tye in that gap, or something... not sure of the gap size so i can't make any real suggestions but you get the idea
Ossessionato
PX150 Serie America, T5 Classic, Harley Iron 883
Sat Mar 22, 2008 3:52 pm quote
curious on the wind - u commented that u don't have to fight against the wind - is it more quiet with your helmet on now that u don't have to fight the wind? i'm 5 6 so am hoping this would help push the wind up and over my head...
btw, it looks great on ur gtv!
Ossessionato
'10 GTS 300 Super, '79 Vespa P200E, '04 Vespa PX200, 2011 SportCity 300 Cube [Sold]
Sat Mar 22, 2008 6:12 pm quote
Yes, very nice. Has a nice simple look to it.

Wondering if this would work for me - I'm 6'0". Maybe I could slouch my head a little?
Rock Star
Moto Guzzi V7 Classic
Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:48 am quote
Thanks again everyone! I took a closer look and feel for the wind this morning (awesome ride to work this morning, by the way). The wind doesn't hit my chest anymore (when compared to the original windshield). I used to hold onto the handle bars tighter when I didn't have it on. I don't exactly have to hold on tighter. The wind still hits my full face helmet. Having this particular windshield doesn't fully silence the wind noise. If I can name two things that this windshield is most functional at, those are 1) style, and 2) deflects the wind from hitting your chest so you don't have to fight against the wind especially at freeway speeds.
'07 GTV
Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:44 pm quote
looks nice
Looks nice.
I'm thinking about it.
Just afraid of wanting to crouch on a long ride and being prohibited.
Rock Star
Moto Guzzi V7 Classic
Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:53 pm quote
Re: looks nice
iang wrote:
Looks nice.
I'm thinking about it.
Just afraid of wanting to crouch on a long ride and being prohibited.
I could tell you, you won't be able to crouch with this windshield on. On main reason is the GTV's seat which makes to sit closer to the handlebars. If you crouch forward, you'll hit the screen with your helmet. I have the Faco Midsize on my GT and I have crouched on that and it isn't comfortable. Crouching on long rides isn't exactly comfortable. I have gone on long rides numerous times (East County, Potrero, Long Beach, San Bernadino, Palm Springs, Salton Sea...all starting from San Diego) and believe me, having the MoSports Scoots screen on is better than not having it.
Molto Verboso
GT60
Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:03 pm quote
I'm still learning about posting photos, so sorry for the size and graininess.

I put a thin galvanized fender washer between the rubber and the outer chrome disc to stop the bobbing of the flyscreen at speed. I just happened to have a couple the right size. Seems to work well.

2010 Dragon Red GTS 300 Super, 2018 Grigio Titanio Piaggio Liberty S 150
Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:42 am quote
That windshield looks perfect on your GT60 Woodenhead. That is what the GT60/GTV should have come with in the first place.
Rock Star
Moto Guzzi V7 Classic
Thu Mar 27, 2008 6:34 am quote
Benito wrote:
That windshield looks perfect on your GT60 Woodenhead. That is what the GT60/GTV should have come with in the first place.
I agree!!! +1 A+
Ossessionato
Thu Mar 27, 2008 6:55 am quote
thats it, can't take it anymore i am ordering one ASAP thx for the pics all
Rock Star
Moto Guzzi V7 Classic
Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:08 am quote
Geo-Vesp wrote:
thats it, can't take it anymore i am ordering one ASAP thx for the pics all
Welcome to the GTV Windshields Anonymous. Please take a seat.
Enthusiast
GT60, ET4
Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:50 pm quote
I got the screen the other day, and finally installed it tonight. After a quick measurement earlier today, I determined the difference in thickness was somewhere between 1 and 2 mm. I'm extremely anal, and just had to find a gasket to fill the gap. After unsuccessful visits to a hardware store and a couple automotive parts stores, It occurred to me that a bicycle inner tube would be about the right thickness. Sure enough, it's just about right. It took a few minutes to cut out, but the results were great. Lighting in the barn was bad, but I'll post photos sometime this weekend. I haven't driven it yet, but it looks outstanding.
Ossessionato
Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:46 am quote
thx for the update - i ordered my screen yesterday - great suggestion on the inntertube will likely go that route - share pics when ur ready...
Rock Star
Moto Guzzi V7 Classic
Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:50 am quote
Awesome. I've had the screen on for a few weeks now. I'm used to the wobble. It's not violent or anything. When I find time, maybe I'll do the washer or inner tube DIY. Right now, I'm ok without it. Take pics!!!
Ossessionato
Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:20 am quote
added the new screen to the gtv yesterday - it's great and makes a big difference. thx for sharing that this was out there - i agree, all gtv's should come with this screen!
Lurker
Vespa GTV '07
Fri May 09, 2008 12:42 pm quote
Has anyone posted picks? I am also quite anal about things, and I really want to see if it is worth the purchase.
Rock Star
Moto Guzzi V7 Classic
Fri May 09, 2008 12:48 pm quote
There are five photos on the first post at the top of this thread. Woodenhead also posted his scoot with the screen. Do you see it?
CVScooting wrote:
Has anyone posted picks? I am also quite anal about things, and I really want to see if it is worth the purchase.
Ossessionato
Fri May 09, 2008 1:35 pm quote
the screen really helps and makes a huge diff/you can see a pic of mine in the scooterboy and corazzo speedway thread if you need to see another example... let us know if you do it and what you think.
Hooked
2007 Avio Grey GTV

Fri Jan 02, 2009 8:53 am quote
I'm about 5'10 and I'm wondering about the airflow over this windshield. A friend that installed a similar one on his Vino advised me to make sure to get one that doesn't deflect the air straight into your neck and chin. Can anyone that is running this on their GTV (and may be similar to me in height) comment on it?
Molto Verboso
2010 GTS 300, 2008 MP3 500
Fri Jan 02, 2009 10:49 am quote
Perhaps the foam "washers" that come on CD-ROM and DVD-ROM spindles would fill the gap? The ones that come on the 50-pack or 100-pack spindles of blank discs. I've seem them from 1mm thick to up to about 3 or 4 millimeters. Only problem is that they are usually white in color.
Ossessionato
Fri Jan 02, 2009 2:14 pm quote
Speaking to the little shake to the mid-windscreen without filling the gap - it doesn't bug me or shake hard enough that it's an issue so I never filled in the gap as I don't think it's needed. Some may feel otherwise.

Can't speak to the wind on the chin/neck concern as I'm only 5' 6" but it helped move the wind from beating my chest to rolling of the top of my head - made a world of difference for me!
Veni, Vidi, Posti
'00 Helix TARDIS
Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:02 pm quote
I've had mine about a month, and I love it. It really does cut down on the wind hitting straight into my chest, which in turn cuts the fatigue a lot. Unfortunately, it doesn't go so well with my choice of helmet. The way the visor is set up, the wind goes directly through it, and whistles horribly above 50mph. But the benefits are currently outweighing that problem.

And yeah, I also think the mid-sized screen looks ten times better than the stock one. Looks like it should have come on the scoot from the beginning.

IMG_0018sm.jpg

Gtv 250, DL 150
Gtv 250, DL 150
Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:51 pm quote
This is the Isotta windshield:

http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/521/photodm1.jpg
Hooked
Vespa GT 60/ 54 Vespa ACMA / 06 GT200
Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:15 pm quote
Arrgh!
Dammit! Just when I perfected crouching behind the original windscreen.
Hooked
2008 Vespa GTV
Sun Mar 15, 2009 3:17 pm quote
I installed this little beastie this weekend and went out for an after dinner spin on some 45-55MPH roads. It does make a difference with fatigue and the feeling of being blown off the back of the scooter at higher speeds. The airflow for me (6ft on a GTV) seems to hit the top of my helmet and otherwise miss me altogether.

On thing I don't like about it is that when idling at a stop light it shakes A LOT and gives the impression of cheapness. Not sure what can be done about that. On the whole, I think I am happy with the addition.

Cheers,
Vespa GTV 300 Via Montenapoleone
Fri May 28, 2010 10:00 am quote
[citazione = ""] woodenhead STO Ancora Imparando Silla Pubblicazione delle foto, Così dispiaciuto per le Dimensioni e Il Grado di ruvidità.: (

Ho messo Una Rondella zincata Sottile parafango TRA la Gomma e Il disco esterno cromato per fermare Il zanzariera della bobbing in Velocità. Mi e capitato di AVERE UN Paio della Giusta Misura. Sembra funzionare bene.

[IMG] [http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff299/headofoak/tryagain.jpg / img] [/ quote]

Ciao a tutti ragazzi, sono un nuovo membro, mi chiamo Antonio e Cefalu '(PA-Sicilia-Italia).

Recentemente ho acquistato una Vespa 300 GTV Via Montenapoleone e devo dire che sto veramente bene.

L'unica cosa che non fa per me e 'la carenatura piccolo della serie e' quasi del tutto inutile.

Purtroppo nel catalogo accessori e 'previsto solo il parabrezza di grandi dimensioni che non mi piace.

Pero 'ho visto che "Woodenhead" postato una foto della sua Vespa, con un parabrezza di medie bella che mi piace molto esteticamente.

Posso sapere cosa 'di questa marca parabrezza? Come potrei fare per lui? Dove posso ordinare?
Ha attacchi specifici per la Vespa GTV O 'necessità di apportare modifiche per il montaggio?

Questo è 'un'altra foto del parabrezza stesso se non mi sbaglio e in basso a sinistra è un logo che dovrebbe essere la marca, ma non riesco a leggere bene ...

http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/8521/dsc05701002yw0.jpg

Grazie a tutti ea presto, Antonio.

Post scriptum: mi dispiace il mio inglese molto educativo!

dsc05701002yw0[1].jpg

Missouri Loves Company Rally   Vespa Wasp Pin Badges   Cool Ass scooter seat cover
Post Reply    Forum -> Scooter Gallery 12Next
[ Time: 0.3840s ][ Queries: 25 (0.0986s) ][ Debug on ]