GTV windscreen, Motorsport Scooters exclusive!
Post Reply    Forum -> Scooter Gallery Previous12
Enthusiast
GTV300 Monte Napoleone.
Mon May 31, 2010 12:51 am quote
I have just replaced my stock screen for a Motrsports flyscreen. I'm in agreement,they should come standard with one this size.Looks better, and in proportion.Many thanks to you guys for posting photos of your GTV's with accessories etc. Gives me great ideas,don't see too many in Australia. Went out for my first decent ride this weekend since purchasing.Love the ride and the seat is very comfortable regardless of the criticism I read on some forums.Waiting on my chrome visor for headlight, will post photos when installed.Anyone had experience in removing the front headlight off a GTV?Also does anyone think the headlight is a little dull on a GTV,any suggestions or improvements would be greatly appreciated.
Witch,love the colour of your ivory GTV,tried getting the same here but was told the colour is discontinued in Oz. I think it's the best colour VESPA.

IMG_3507.jpg
My GTV and linz's GTS

DSC_0391.jpg
First ride outwith the Vespa Riders Club of Australia

Vespa GTV 300 Via Montenapoleone
Mon May 31, 2010 1:25 am quote
Hello Huffinstuf, sorry can you tell me if you've had problems with this windscreen average vibration or movement and swaying while driving at high speed '?
You badly? To assemble and 'need to make changes or GTV easily adapts to attack the original?
This model of ref. "GTV18?
Thanks and see you soon, Antonio.
Enthusiast
GTV300 Monte Napoleone.
Mon May 31, 2010 3:11 pm quote
GTV Windscreen
Antonio. So far I don't have any problems with windscreen vibration. Saying that I am still on a restricted speed licence of 90km/hr, but don't believe I had any issues with excessive movement. My windscreen fitted easily onto existing mounts.I received 2 x discs with the winscreen,(no instructions) which I placed between the chrome cover and the (existing)rubber that sits in the windscreen holes.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
'00 Helix TARDIS
Mon May 31, 2010 8:45 pm quote
I had this screen on my GTV for quite a while (got the larger one for the winter). I recieved no extra parts with mine, but it's about the easiest accessory to mount just with the existing hardware already on the scooter for the tiny flyscreen. Now if you want to talk about something being a pain in the ass to mount, get the Vespa large screen or Vespa crash bars...

Yes, the screen will vibrate when the bike is at an idle. It's about the biggest screen you can really put onto the GTV without taller supports, and that's why it vibrates with the engine. It doesn't negatively affect the performance of the bike at speed, and you won't notice any vibration when you're moving more than a few miles an hour.
Hooked
GTV300ie Via Monte Napoleone
Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:27 am quote
who sells these screens and what price would they be shipped to the UK.

Ta Mart
Enthusiast
GTV300 Monte Napoleone.
Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:41 pm quote
GTV Windscreens
You can purchase the GTV windscreens form Scooterwest in the US.

http://www.scooterwest.com/items/?_pageCCS=t#page=http://www.scooterwest.com/items/GT60-GTV-Windscreens/217

Cost US $99 and shipping can be calculated using website.
I bought one which landed a week after ordering to Sydney Australia.
Screen is great, very happy with it.
Hooked
Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:36 am quote
thanx huffinstuff ,i will have a butchers at it.
Hooked
Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:18 am quote
$ 99 cost plus $ 35 shipping so all in under £100,might be tempted.
I`m obviously getting paid too much.
but what price to make a beautiful scooter even better.
As this is a limited edition model Piaggio should have let the customers decide what they want as accessories,at a cost to us of course.

Hooked
GTV 250, Mana 850, Stella 2T, BMW R75/6, 64 VBB, 64 GS160, 84 Moto Guzzi LeMans Mk3
Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:22 am quote
Rex wrote:
Awesome. I've had the screen on for a few weeks now. I'm used to the wobble. It's not violent or anything. When I find time, maybe I'll do the washer or inner tube DIY. Right now, I'm ok without it. Take pics!!!
I have a cut-down Vespa windscreen from Vespa Eastside (WA) that's a little taller than yours and uses the Vespa tall brackets (for the tall windshield). No wobble (short and tall brackets). Shorter than the original but I would probably like it just a tad shorter. Stiff as a board and no wind. Increased top speed big time. Can hit 85 on speedo easy.
Hooked
Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:11 am quote
vespiti wrote:
Rex wrote:
Awesome. I've had the screen on for a few weeks now. I'm used to the wobble. It's not violent or anything. When I find time, maybe I'll do the washer or inner tube DIY. Right now, I'm ok without it. Take pics!!!
I have a cut-down Vespa windscreen from Vespa Eastside (WA) that's a little taller than yours and uses the Vespa tall brackets (for the tall windshield). No wobble (short and tall brackets). Shorter than the original but I would probably like it just a tad shorter. Stiff as a board and no wind. Increased top speed big time. Can hit 85 on speedo easy.
pics please
Enthusiast

Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:57 am quote

Last edited by Joe4pal on Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Hooked
2007 Avio Grey GTV

Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:36 am quote
Joe4pal wrote:
Opinions on indicated 87 on the speedo while bouncing off the rev limiter with this screen?
If your speedo read 87 you were actually doing 78-80.
Enthusiast

Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:24 am quote

Last edited by Joe4pal on Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Hooked
Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:49 am quote
windshield arrived from USA and fitted in minutes,very happy with the result.

Veni, Vidi, Posti
'00 Helix TARDIS
Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:37 pm quote
Joe4pal wrote:
Karmann wrote:
Joe4pal wrote:
Opinions on indicated 87 on the speedo while bouncing off the rev limiter with this screen?
If your speedo read 87 you were actually doing 78-80.
I always subtracted 10, but would this screen hold up at that speed for say an hour twice a day?
There's no reason for the screen not to hold up, unless you don't have it mounted correctly. I've ridden all day with the mid-screen and had no issues from it. Now, I did have some issues from sitting on the stock seat for that long, but that's an entirely different problem altogether.
Molto Verboso
LX150 Darling Plum; GTS 250 Dragon Red; Honda Big Ruckus Demented Bastard
Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:16 am quote
I know this is late to the party, sorry did not see this sooner. But the easiest fix for the thinner Wind screen, is to simply cut the rubber bushing right in the middle of the gromet. Like pictured below. Original Vespa wind screens are all going to be thicker than after market. And if this new screen does not come with it's own hardware, just use a hacksaw, bandsaw or the like to take a little out of the middle, making it a two piece gromet that will hold the windscreen tight.

Rubber Gromet Cut.JPG
Do not cut with a knife, as that will not remove a section of rubber. Unless you then plan to sand it down.

GTV + ST11
Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:23 am quote
hey guys.. thanks so much for all the feedback and comments for the fly screen. Have got mine and fix it... Gap wise. still can live with it. But wht about the 2 white disc which i got. Tried fixing with and without the 2 white discs. Only difference is without the 2 white disc, the screw can reach max in. And with the 2 white disc, there is allowance to be screwed in but tht will compress the rubber which i think its nt a good idea.
What say you guys?

And yes- during idling,, the screen can sure vibrate....
Hooked
Sat Sep 11, 2010 7:57 am quote

new Vespa logo on screen
Molto Verboso
Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:55 pm quote
did anybody else see this old school lx flysceen on the isotta site?

http://www.isotta-srl.it/IT/ARTICLES/SC4153.aspx

SC4153.jpg

GTV250ie
Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:07 am quote
Stop Wait! there is a solution for mounting the GTV18 shield
Now included with your windshield you should find a pair white nylon beveled washers....and no instructions

So, I asked ScooterWest.....

Question: "I just got the GTV18 windshield for my GTV and was wondering where the beveled nylon washers should be installed. It would appear that they go under the chrome button on top of the rubber grommet skinny side up. But that is just a guess. Can you confirm or correct for me."

Response: "They are designed to keep the windscreen from pushing too far backward at high speeds. They should mount on the screen to bracket hardware in a direction that will accomplish this.

My Answer: While I appreciate what the designers were trying to accomplish, that would require them to be thick side up mounted on the driver side of the screen behind the rubber grommet. To accomplish this the centers needed to be opened up to 5/8" to go over the original mounting hardware. (I was able to do this using a step drill bit in about 5 minutes.)

Scooter Shield Attachement 1 .jpg

Scooter Shield Attachement 2.jpg

Scooter Shield Attachemet 3.jpg

65' ss180, 79' p200e, 62 Li150
Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:15 pm quote
biondi
hi all, i'm wondering if anyone's tried this biondi midsized screen? i have the screen from the OP...i like it, but the shaking is a little weird. this biondi one has 4 mounts and it's 2" taller...seems like it will be a little more sturdy?

http://www.scooterwest.com/items/?_pageCCS=t#page=/item_details/Biondi-Midsize-Windshield-Vespa-GTV/9021

VespaGTV01.JPG

Veni, Vidi, Posti
'00 Helix TARDIS
Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:29 pm quote
Welcome to MV!

I think that Biondi one is still fairly new to the US as far as easy availability.

All screens will vibrate to some extent. It's just more noticeable the taller the screen, and the higher the top is over the tallest mounting point it has.

I would be curious to see the difference in vibration on that one, if there is any. Yes, it has 2 mounting points on the screen itself... but those are both attached to the very small stock windscreen mounts. In contrast, the tall Vespa screen uses both the stock screen mounts as well as extra mounts connected directly to the handlebars.
Hooked
GTV 250, Mana 850, Stella 2T, BMW R75/6, 64 VBB, 64 GS160, 84 Moto Guzzi LeMans Mk3
Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:34 am quote
I had the full size vespa screen cut down to mid height. I used that for a couple of years. It did not shake at all because of the mounting points, but I got tired of looking through it in the rain and at night, and I do a lot of freeway driving over a windy bridge. I find the scoot handles better without the windscreen and I went back to the stock gtv screen last year.
GTV 300ie
Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:40 pm quote
Love the portofino green
Great color! I had the screen cut down as well.

vespa1.jpg

Hooked
Vespa GTV250
Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:27 pm quote
woodenhead wrote:
I'm still learning about posting photos, so sorry for the size and graininess.

I put a thin galvanized fender washer between the rubber and the outer chrome disc to stop the bobbing of the flyscreen at speed. I just happened to have a couple the right size. Seems to work well.

I just got one of these off a post on MV. I have the uneven washers that are thicker on one side than the other. If I read correctly I am to put it on the back side of the windscreen grommets with the thicker side on the top side ?
Hooked
Vespa GTV250
Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:47 pm quote
Re: Just installed my Motorsports flyscreen
huffinstuf wrote:
I have just replaced my stock screen for a Motrsports flyscreen. I'm in agreement,they should come standard with one this size.Looks better, and in proportion.Many thanks to you guys for posting photos of your GTV's with accessories etc. Gives me great ideas,don't see too many in Australia. Went out for my first decent ride this weekend since purchasing.Love the ride and the seat is very comfortable regardless of the criticism I read on some forums.Waiting on my chrome visor for headlight, will post photos when installed.Anyone had experience in removing the front headlight off a GTV?Also does anyone think the headlight is a little dull on a GTV,any suggestions or improvements would be greatly appreciated.
Witch,love the colour of your ivory GTV,tried getting the same here but was told the colour is discontinued in Oz. I think it's the best colour VESPA.
did you put those un even washer in the back of the windscreen. I am trying to figure out the best position for these washers.
Addicted
GTV 300
Sat Jun 27, 2015 3:27 am quote
Where can I get it?
Where can I buy it?!?
Hooked
2007 Avio Grey GTV

Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:06 pm quote
Re: Where can I get it?
AirborneSpoon wrote:
Where can I buy it?!?
Here you go:

http://www.scooterwest.com/items/?_pageCCS=t#page=/item_details/Vespa-GT60-GTV-Mid-Size-Flyscreen-Windshield/1680

It's exclusive to Vespa Motorsport/Scooterwest (used to be called Motorsport Scooters before they became a Vespa dealer again and reinstated their old name).
Addicted
GTV 300
Sat Oct 31, 2015 6:24 pm quote
Has this windshield been discontinued ? I can't find it anywhere! Why is it so difficult to find a midsize shield for the GTV?
Addicted
GTV 300
Wed Nov 04, 2015 5:54 pm quote
Where can I buy this windshield? And for how much $ ?
Lurker
Montenapoleone GTV

Fri Aug 04, 2017 5:48 am quote
Looking for the exact same flyscreen
Hi there,

I am looking for the exact same size and shape as the one on the pic. Living in Switzerland, went to Italy (as every year) and found nothing of the same size. Biondi is doing one but bigger size. This one is so perfect. Please let me know where to find one.

img_3507_161.jpg

Ossessionato
'10 GTS 300 Super, '79 Vespa P200E, '04 Vespa PX200, 2011 SportCity 300 Cube [Sold]
Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:29 am quote
Re: Looking for the exact same flyscreen
Eloha wrote:
Hi there,

I am looking for the exact same size and shape as the one on the pic. Living in Switzerland, went to Italy (as every year) and found nothing of the same size. Biondi is doing one but bigger size. This one is so perfect. Please let me know where to find one.
I don't see this available from motorsports scooter anymore...ugh
Vespa GT 60, Vespa 946 Armani
Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:41 am quote
Mid Size Screen for GTV 250 / GT 60
Hi All. These are all very old postings, but I really would like to find out who has these midsize flyscreens. Scooterwest does not have them. I have the same one on newly acquired GT60 and could not find them anywhere online. Thank you if anyone can help me find it.
Rallies Europe 2016   Vespa Wasp Pin Badges   Yelcome Leather Top Cases and Roll Bags for Piaggio Vespa PX LX LXV GTS GTV
Post Reply    Forum -> Scooter Gallery Previous12
[ Time: 0.3040s ][ Queries: 25 (0.0735s) ][ Debug on ]