Five Horn Beeps Upon Startup
Post Reply    Forum -> MP3 Discussion
MP3
Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:22 pm quote
Hello All
Thought I would throw this out for the group in the hopes one may know. When I turn the key on my 07 MP3 250 on I am consistently getting five horn beeps. No dummy lights are on and bike drives swell. Any ideas?

Many thanks as always

George
Ossessionato
LXV 150 3v ie. Midnight Blue (Sold)
Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:23 pm quote
I think five horn blasts is "Danger-I don't understand your intention" or something similar.
MP3
Sat Jun 06, 2020 5:38 am quote
Or if no one knows does anyone by chance know where I can find the answer
MP3
Sat Jun 06, 2020 7:12 am quote
Hi All
This has to do with the tilt lock I have found from earlier posts. There is also a possibility it could have been a service alarm but I have cleared that so that is no longer in contention if it was.

I usually used the tilt lock instead of the center stand. When I would turn the bike on I would get the five honks from the horn. If I use the center stand and do not use the tilt lock while in the garage and goto start, no alarm. So this is definitely a tilt lock related thing. There is a sensor from what I understand as well as the possibility that the fluid could be low. I am very doubtful that the fluid is low as this bike has spent the majority of its life inside my house on carpet no less. No fluid issues. Only has 1500 miles so very little use.

Now that I have some of the ground work out of the way, I would enjoy hearing what the group has to say. Is this sensor easily replaced? Where do I check the fluid level even if I do t feel it may be low. Any thoughts most appreciated. Thank you as always

George
Veni, Vidi, Posti
MP3 500, GTS 250 (both 2008 MY), 2012 Honda NC700 DCT
Sat Jun 06, 2020 11:38 am quote
Low pressure is often caused by a *tiny* leak in the pressure sensor.
To get at it the front plastics pretty much all have to come off, which handily also exposes the reservoir in case you want to top up.
The sensor is located below the reservoir, and if you take off the electrical connection, you may notice what looks like one drop of fluid. That's the certain tell that you need to replace it.
From there it is relatively simple, but you will need to bleed the tilt fluid.
Highly suggest you bleed by pressure supply from the bottom.
Big syringe (60-100mL) and some tubing is very handy for this.

IIRC to get the fluid out I think I sucked as much as I could out the reservoir, then hooked a tube to one side of the lower clamp units and cycled the tilt on and off (horns will sound...).

Change sensor, bleed from bottom both sides about 100mL each, and done.
Hooked
2009 MP3 400, 2004 Honda ST1300
Sat Jun 06, 2020 12:43 pm quote
If you remove the windshield and just the forward part of the "dashboard", you should be able to access the tilt lock reservoir to check the fluid level.
MP3
Sun Jun 07, 2020 6:46 pm quote
Thank you kindly fellas!! I am hesitant to undertake though I will if I have too. Is there anyone local that has done this that would be interested in doing again. Happy to pay for labor!!
Team Scooter Trash for Petfinder Foundation   vespa scooterwest scooter west Motorsport Scooters   Cool Ass scooter seat cover
Post Reply    Forum -> MP3 Discussion
[ Time: 0.2428s ][ Queries: 26 (0.0650s) ][ Debug on ]