@allie_dee avatar
UTC

Lx150, gts250

@allie_dee avatar
Lx150, gts250
UTC quote
My seat encountered the same problem. Stuck! I had my keys and everything.

Scooter repair place popped it open with tools and then we tied zip ties to the latch lever in the back to pop it until I can get it fixed... Nerd emoticon they hang out the back and I pull on the end of the zip tie to open the trunk now. It does not look cool but it works.

I will use one of the fabulous tutorials to fix the seat. Love modern vespa forums!! So helpful and I'm excited to work on my bike.
⬆️    About 1 year elapsed    ⬇️
UTC

Lurker
LX50

Lurker
LX50
UTC quote
help my seat won't open!
My key cylinder does not open my seat any longer and it popped out of the casing and the seat is locked!

Along with my wallet and phone
@dannyh avatar
UTC

Resident Gentleman
--------2008 LX150-------- Sold

Resident Gentleman
@dannyh avatar
UTC quote
Re: help my seat won't open!
dlramsey wrote:
My key cylinder does not open my seat any longer and it popped out of the casing and the seat is locked!

Along with my wallet and phone
Take a look here: Locked my keys in the 150 LX Seat
⬆️    About 7 months elapsed    ⬇️
@vampali avatar
UTC

Lurker

Lurker
@vampali avatar
UTC quote
Seat stuck HELP!
Hi!

So the other day I went shopping I put my hand bag and some of the items I bought in my under seat compartment, I had to force it a bit for it to close (I know my fault), that night the seat opened normally but then the next day I try to opened it again to take my gloves out and surprise! it won't open . After trying so many things and getting frustrated I decide to go on line and see if Google could help me and there is when I found this forum. Now the thing is that I don't have a Vespa and I know this forum is for Vespas but I really would appreciate if anybody could help me!

I saw the post that shows how to open the seat with the wire or the plastic piece, I try it and no luck.

I also tried putting my hand under my bike and try to reach for the cable that open the seat and no luck

HELP!
Crying or Very sad emoticon
@dannyh avatar
UTC

Resident Gentleman

Resident Gentleman
@dannyh avatar
UTC quote
Re: Seat stuck HELP!
vampali wrote:
Now the thing is that I don't have a Vespa and I know this forum is for Vespas but I really would appreciate if anybody could help me!
First of all, welcome to the forum. Sorry that happened to you. Maybe if you tell us the make and model of your scooter someone can help. There are many experienced riders of many different types of scooters here.
@vampali avatar
UTC

Lurker

Lurker
@vampali avatar
UTC quote
Re: Seat stuck HELP!
danny*h wrote:
vampali wrote:
Now the thing is that I don't have a Vespa and I know this forum is for Vespas but I really would appreciate if anybody could help me!
First of all, welcome to the forum. Sorry that happened to you. Maybe if you tell us the make and model of your scooter someone can help. There are many experienced riders of many different types of scooters here.
Hi, thanks.

I got a Chinese scooter is know as Tommy 125cc
UTC

Sprint 150iE

Sprint 150iE
UTC quote
it happened to me now, but how I can open it for first time?

need your help.

my vespa sprint v3 2016

thank you
UTC

Lurker
Vespa 150LX

Lurker
Vespa 150LX
UTC quote
Having the seat lock isssue, PM please?
Hi Y'all,

Found this morning, to my distress, that when turning the key, my seat locking mechanism is not unlatching the seat. Luckily riding without a helmet is legal here it Texas, so I still made it to work... However, eventually I will run out of gas . Can somebody PM me and help me with opening the compartment? The only scooter dealer doesn't open until Tuesday. Thanks a ton.

Manuel
@oopsclunkthud avatar
UTC

Banned
3:5

Banned
@oopsclunkthud avatar
3:5
UTC quote
here's a link to the specific post:

https://modernvespa.com/forum/post1126981#1126981
UTC

Lurker
Vespa 150LX

Lurker
Vespa 150LX
UTC quote
Thank you Sir. Of course, with my butter fingers I wasn't able to follow the instructions... Hence, I'll be able to go to the dealer tomorrow morning and will just Uber in the mean time. Thanks a ton though!

Best
UTC

Lurker
Vespa s50

Lurker
Vespa s50
UTC quote
My seat won't open. Please can you help.
UTC

Vespa LX 50 ZAPC38700

Vespa LX 50 ZAPC38700
UTC quote
Well this happened to me as well this morning. Crying or Very sad emoticon Had to go to work with the public transportation. Crying or Very sad emoticon

I am still glad I came here before I went to the dealer. I will at least not be convinced that I need a new seat.
⬆️    About 6 months elapsed    ⬇️
UTC

Vespa LX 50 ZAPC38700

Vespa LX 50 ZAPC38700
UTC quote
Hello Vespa lovers.

If anyone is still wondering about a good solutions on how to fix the seat locking mechanism here is my take on it.

So i used a stainless bicycle gear shift cable. The cable is a bit thinner as the normal breaking cable and fits perfectly through the tube in picture one. The braking cable was too thick in the first attempt.

On picture two you can see the second part of the Cable which can be saved for the future use.

I was struggling to make the wire loop at the end since there is soo little space to work with at the hook area.

I will now order this little peace visible in picture 3. I believe its called screw cable lug. This way i can fit it perfectly without errors of margin since I can shift the cable and tighten it again.

I will also be able to make sure it fits before the excessive part of the wire is cut. if you are wondering how big the hole is of the lug (5mm) diameter should be just fine.
Image one the cable
Image one the cable
Image two the second part of the cable
Image two the second part of the cable
screw cable lug
screw cable lug
UTC

Vespa LX 50 ZAPC38700

Vespa LX 50 ZAPC38700
UTC quote
If anyone is wondering how did it go in the end.

Well the solution with the screw cable lug did not work since the piece was just to big. I ended up using the same approach as jtblam did with the solderless electrical connector. One just hast to squeeze the connector hard.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.1589s ][ Queries: 20 (0.1264s) ][ Debug on ][ 313 ][ Thing One ]