REVIEW: CoolAss cover for my leather GTV saddle
Post Reply    Forum -> Reviews 12Next
Addicted
Avio Grey '07 GTV250
Sun Aug 03, 2008 6:37 am quote
I thought the stock cover worked well until I left it out in a hard rain at work one day. Came out afterward to find the pillion soaked through. I used a lot of Lexol leather conditioner numerous times on it, which reduced the stain but it is still there a few weeks later. So I ordered a Cool Ass seat cover. It blocks UV rays, keeps the saddle cooler by reflecting away the heat much better than the black stock one and most importantly for those of us with leather, its waterproof. It just barely fits legthwise, and the width is more than enough so you can tuck it underneath to keep it securely attached. It comes with a small bag to store it in, but even better, it will fit in the stock seat cover hole, a bit more tightly, but it works. It is made of an aluminized plastic of some sort, and seems to be durable. Anyway, I just wanted to share because I am really happy with it. They apparently just raised the price a couple of bucks over the $23 I paid, but for the quality it is a very good deal.

http://genuinecoolass.com/scooter-seat-cover-ds.htm

Here are some pics.

[/b]

Last edited by Eric on Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:03 am; edited 2 times in total
Veni, Vidi, Posti
'00 Helix TARDIS
Sun Aug 03, 2008 7:23 am quote
That's awesome, I'll have to get one when I get a GTV. The only thing I had against the GTV was that leather seat. I like leather, but I worried about the elements getting at it too much. This looks like the perfect solution, and well worth the price.
Banned
LXV-150 "Simon"
Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:00 am quote
Thanks for the info. Just got one for my LXV. I totally need that
here in Phoenix!!
Sponsor
Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:58 am quote
Thank you, Eric. Your review of our CoolAss product is most flattering and most appreciated. We are selling many, many CoolAsses to Vespa owners and dealers alike.

One word of caution, however. While the "cup" underneath the saddle will fit CoolAss, do be careful of its sharp edges. While I've not heard of anyone tearing their CoolAss on it -- the product is exceptionally durable, but can tear if dragged across something sharp) -- care should be taken when inserting and removing it.

Again, on behalf of everyone at CoolAss, thanks for your endorsement. You business and kind words are most appreciated.

Ride safely!

Regards,

Brian
Hooked
GTS 250 i.e
Sun Aug 03, 2008 12:19 pm quote
Re: REVIEW: CoolAss cover for my leather GTV saddle
Eric wrote:
So I ordered a Cool Ass seat cover.
Did it come with a matching foil hat?
Addicted
MP3 250, BV250
Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:04 pm quote
My wife and I got to meet Brian and the lovely Jan at Amerivespa and bought a couple of CoolAss covers. In fact, seeing that they would be there was a big factor in my deciding to drive up for the day as I had been interested in getting one, but hadn't placed an order. I thought it would be a good chance to see it and buy onsite.

I've used it since then and have been VERY happy with it. Haven't had any rain to contend with but it definitely keeps the seat MUCH cooler than without it.

+1 recommendation for the CoolAss
Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:59 pm quote
I picked up one at Amerivespa, too.

I'm not so interested in keeping my backside cool as protecting the seat from damage by the elements, especially the hot sun. (My scoot lives outside, you see.)

I have been throwing a towel over the seat for this purpose, but it would blow off on occasion and, of course, did nothing to protect against the rain. Also, a big towel was sometimes just too bulky to carry along when I had a lot of stuff to bring to work, so the seat would get sun-roasted at my business anyway.

The CoolAss solved the problem: It only takes up a small amount of packing space, it doesn't blow off in the wind, it protects the seat from mommy nature, and as a bonus, it makes for a cooler backside, too.

I gotta recommend it.
2008 LX 150
Thu Aug 07, 2008 2:31 pm quote
REVIEW: CoolAss cover for my leather GTV saddle
I have the LX custom brown leather saddle and to my surprise, it became immediately stained the first time rain hit it. The dealer actually said the rain and sun age it nicely and it gets better looking with time. Not true, so I bought the CoolAss, and it totally protects the leather from the sun and rain.

Love it, simple concept, great product.
Enthusiast
2009 gtv250
Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:44 pm quote
dry seat
Thanks for info I have a new gtv250 brown leather seat, always looking for new ways of preserving things thanks again EDDY
Enthusiast
2009 Siena Ivory GTV
Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:36 am quote
Cool Ass Seat Cover for my GTV
First of all, let me say that it is a great product. Works as advertised, and I've had no problems with it at all. I'll probably be buying several more to give as gifts to some friends as gifts for the holidays.

Let me also say, Brian Herwick at Cool Ass was great to deal with. They didn't have the size that I ordered in stock, and so sent me a smaller one to use until their stock was replenished. I was charged for the smaller cover, and the larger one was sent a short time later free of charge! Fantastic customer service!!

I wish that all businesses were run this way.

Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:08 pm
This post was not quite
What we were hoping to see
Try again, perhaps?
GT60
Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:06 am quote
Thanks for the review....

After reading this thread (actualy only after reading the first two posts) I ordered mine. Can't wait for it.

BK (BrassKnuckles our GT60) lives outside under the covers. And let me tell you, the S/X scooter cover isn't so waterproof. So with the Cool Ass added I'm sure the seat will stay dry.

Thanks again...
Molto Verboso
LX150 Darling Plum; GTS 250 Dragon Red; Honda Big Ruckus Demented Bastard
Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:23 pm quote
I just worked with Brian at Cool Ass and he is going to increase the length of the DS sized cover, so that it fits better on the GTS and GTV. The width is more than wide enough, as I learned it is that wide to accomidate taller seats. The DSXL is way to wide for the GTS seat, so I sent it back and we did a measurement thing on my seat, over the phone, and he made me a custom one that fits like a tight glove.
I have had one for my LX for over a year, and it still works great, and keeps the seat dry and cooler..
Addicted
GTS 300
Sun Jun 14, 2009 1:50 pm quote
Thanks for the tip...
I just ordered one and it already has been keeping me bum cool & dry.
The only thing that I would change is that there is not a tether like there is on the stock cover.
I suppose all you might need is to sew a cord into the cover and attach it to a stick. Push the stick into the hole in the seat pan, turn it sideways to the opening, and viola. It would be a nice option, methinks.
Molto Verboso
Vespa ET4

Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:54 am quote
We picked up two Cool-Ass seat covers at Amerivespa last year and they work wonderfully. It's so nice to sit on a cool dry seat instead of a hot wet seat. Just yesterday, several riders in our group were envious of our Cool-Ass covers. It was about 92 degrees with light rain and our seats were cool & dry, while theirs were hot and wet (NO lude comments on this statement, PLEASE) They all plan to order one for their scooters now.

Janine
Sponsor
Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:46 pm quote
CoolAss Covers
Thanks to all for your kind comments. Jan and I are most pleased that you're enjoying cooler, dryer seats.

A word of caution regarding the possibility of sewing a tether to CoolAss - similar to the cover provided with your Vespa / Piaggio. If you choose to do so, we recommend installing a metal grommet of sorts vs. sewing the material to a cord or the plastic piece that holds the stock cover. Needles that puncture CoolAss repeatedly may compromise the material and hamper performance. Be careful!

Regards to all,

Brian
Molto Verboso
Smrfmobile was a 2007 sky blue Piaggio MP3 250ie w/Tow-Pac, Inc. Instatrike B kit
Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:47 pm quote
debute of NO PET CoolAss cover at Amerivespa 2009
If you didn't/couldn't/wouldn't make it to Amerivespa 2009 in Los Gatos, CA you missed out on a great rally with awesome scooter enthusiasts from around the world and some really great vendors.

It was a pleasure to meet the minds and owners behind http://genuinecoolass.com/ Brian and Jan are as awesome in person as they are behind the scenes of their company making these great covers to keep our asses covered!!

And now by popular demand, custom printed for Piaggio manufactured scoots... a NO PETS logo'd CoolAss cover... AND it's a great but limited offer of 2 CoolAss covers for price of 1! (til August 31, 2009)

They haven't completed the printing of the NO Pets logo'd covers but if you order now, they'll charge you $29.95 plus S&H. They will send you an original CoolAss cover right away AND than approximately in mid-August when they get their completed shipment of NO PETS logo'd CoolAss covers, they'll send the NO PETS CoolAss at no additional charge and YOU GET to keep the original CoolAss.

And something that is totally understated by them but proven to be backed...total satisfaction guarantee. If you don't like the product send it back they'll give you your money back. If it fails, send it back they'll replace it...something I didn't know but they told me all about at Amerivespa. I told them my DS and DSXL had torn (a few inches) where the elastic is sewn in along with a recently discovered hole in my DSXL (which I was going to duct tape) but they told me to bring them back. So next day with them sadly stuffed into my backpack and than presented to Jan and Brian I walked away with two brand new CoolAsses in hand in their handy little black storage bags.

They offer a great product backed with awesome customer service and a guarantee they follow through on.

http://genuinecoolass.com/scooter-no-pets.htm
Hooked
GT200
Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:52 am quote
"No Pets" Coolass cover.
I just ordered my coolass "No Pets" cover and thought I'd share their current really good "deal" at http://genuinecoolass.com/scooter-no-pets.htm

This scorching Mississippi sun makes some kind of cover needed - as I am frequently and painfully reminded.

Last edited by tbates57 on Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lurker
Vespa GTV 250
Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:28 pm quote
Re: REVIEW: CoolAss cover for my leather GTV saddle
Hi, I am also a happy buyer of the Cool Ass saddle protection for my Vespa GTV. A lot more efficient than the Piaggio genuine seat protection. I purchased it earlier this year while I was living in the US. I now moved back to my homeland (France) and keep on using it on my new Vespa GTV. A lot of people are getting curious at this aluminized item and I tell them it is very efficient at keeping your ass cool
Well, we have a warm summer here (37 deg C - 99 degF) and it works!!! I would like to thank Brian from Genuine Cool Ass who brought the best service you could expect. He helped me to solve some computing problems with Paypal and shipped the product to support in the meantime.
I wish we could have companies as efficient as Brian in France....
Molto Verboso
Smrfmobile was a 2007 sky blue Piaggio MP3 250ie w/Tow-Pac, Inc. Instatrike B kit
Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:54 pm quote
Re: "No Pets" Coolass cover.
You have an extra period in the url it should correctly read http://genuinecoolass.com/scooter-no-pets.htm I picked up my latest Cool Ass at Amerivespa and awaiting the arrival of the No Pets version.

BTW, don't forget they have a lifetime guarantee...if it's not satisfactory return, they'll replace it or refund your money. They've replaced two of mine so far, one that got a hole, and the other the elastic started separating from the material.
tbates57 wrote:
I just ordered my coolass "No Pets" cover and thought I'd share their current really good "deal" at http://genuinecoolass.com/scooter-no-pets.htm.

This scorching Mississippi sun makes some kind of cover needed - as I am frequently and painfully reminded.
Hooked
GT200
Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:09 pm quote
Re: "No Pets" Coolass cover
Thanks for the note on the link - it is now corrected.

Also good to know that they do stand behind their warranty.
Sponsor
Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:21 am quote
CoolAss No Pets Covers
A huge thanks to all who took advantage of our 2-for-one No Pets cover promotion. Our apologies for being a tad late on shipping. We expected to ship on 8/20, but all orders ended up being packaged and sent Wednesday morning, 8/26. Most should arrive in your mailboxes by today, Saturday or Monday at the latest. Thanks for your patience.

The 2-for-one promotion ends August 31, 2009, so there’s still time to take advantage of the offer. Beginning September 1st, No Pets will still be available (while supplies last), but at the regular price - $29.95 per cover. More information is available at www.GenuineCoolAss.com.

Best to all,

Brian
2006 LX150 "Amadora"

Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:28 am quote
Recevied my Coolass cover about a month ago, and it was very helpful on a hot and humid day of sitting in the sun! Delivery to Canada (Ontario) was quick and easy! Looking forward to receiving the No-Pets version it arrives.
World Traveler
2007 LX150 Daring Plum Leonardo Da Vespa

Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:14 am quote
Brian is awesome and the whole gang of us here ( have or will have one when i get the last couple to the guys who have been off island having fun. Will try and get a group shot of them at our next workshop. We got the no pet ones Nice cover for my suede seat Buy one you'll love it
Hooked
'84 PX125E ^..^
Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:26 am quote
I ordered mine today and I'm sure I'll love it with all these great reviews.

Thanks!
Hooked
'84 PX125E ^..^
Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:12 am quote
CatEyez13 wrote:
I ordered mine today and I'm sure I'll love it with all these great reviews.

Thanks!
Super fast shipping - unfortunately I will not be able to review it until next summer. Brrr, darn Canada weather is holding me back.
Ossessionato
LXV 150 GTV 250
Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:35 am quote
I got in on their deal on 2 covers when I just had my LX 150. Now that I've got a GTV the second one's perfect for covering up the leather.

Now I've got to find something to put on the leather back rest on my top case.
Sponsor
Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:37 am quote
CoolAss for Christmas
Hello all:

In response to all your inquiries, e-mails and calls (thank you!), we're pleased to offer free shipping on all CoolAss orders for Christmas -- up through 12/19 -- shipping and arrival in time for Christmas. And -- we'll include the free koozie(s) as well. Thanks to all for your support, kind words and for your business. Happy Holidays!

Best,

Brian
Hooked
GTS250ie Dragon red,GTS250ie Black
Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:03 pm quote
How long does it take to cook a chicken in one?
Hooked
2009 GTV, 300 Super Sport
Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:33 pm quote
Seat covers........
Just ordered a seat cover, as a result of using the reviews area.
It's great to have alot of input from people.
Thank you again...
Bob Grenier
Molto Verboso
Burgman 650 (May, 2012) MP3 500 (11/2009 - 5.2012)
Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:47 am quote
I have one for my MP3 500 and it works well as advertised..
The Beer Guy
2010 GTS 300 Super and 2015 Kawasaki Versys 650 LT
Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:52 pm quote
They also have great customer service. When my wife ordered hers she discovered a small pinhole in it when it arrived. She gave them a call and without any hesitation they put another one in the mail the same day, no questions asked. They like happy customers.
Sponsor
Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:06 pm quote
CoolAss Going Social
Hello all:

While many of our friends at Modern Vespa with get an announcement directly from us, we wanted to let everyone know that we've finally stopped being "anti-social" and got with the social media scene. We're now quite active on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and LinkedIn. Check us out and all four! Visit www.genuinecoolass.com and click on the social media icons in the upper right of your screen.

Best to all.

Brian
Hooked
2011 GTV 300 ie 2007 LX 150
Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:57 am quote
I got one for each scooter, they seem to work well. I wish there was something to cover the seat backs on the top cases too.
300 GTS
Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:34 pm quote
Thanks for the reviews. I've been looking for something with a lower profile then my huge scooter cover. this is all i should need.
cheers.
Sponsor
Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:20 am quote
CoolAss Update
Hello all:

In response to so many requests for top case covers, I have arranged w/ my friend (and competitor, mind you!), David Rutledge, from Coveralls, for some top case covers. He makes them in two sizes and they are attractively priced - I think about $10 or $15. Call me if you're interested - 940-497-3338.

David's products are very good, very soft, water proof and heat resistant. Not a CoolAss (!) but good just the same. We lob grenades at each other all the time - call it friendly competition.

Best to all - ride safely,

Brian
Sponsor
Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:10 am quote
No Pets is Back!
You asked for it - you got it! We've been gearing up for months getting our sought-after No Pets covers manufactured again and sized perfectly for the most popular Vespas. Look for an announcement and banner ads on Modern Vespa very soon. AND - we will guarantee delivery - once we launch the campaign - in time for Christmas!

Oh - and one more thing. Every No Pets cover ordered will come with a free key chain!

Stay tuned!

Best to all,

Brian
Sponsor
Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:55 am quote
CoolAss NO PETS Covers!
Hello all:

Huge thanks to all who have already ordered! Initial shipments did, in fact, go out yesterday as promised. A LOT of them! All with free key chains. Whew! Has been a busy few days!

It's not too late to order CoolAss-branded or NO PETS covers in time for Christmas. And 30% off applies to all CoolAss-branded covers now through New Years Eve. Be sure to visit us soon - www.genuinecoolass.com.

Best to all and Happy Holidays!

Brian
Sponsor
Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:03 am quote
CoolAss for Christmas
Hello all:

Thanks to all who have taken advantage of our 30% off Christmas sale! Quick reminder, though. Orders must be received by noon (CST) this Friday, 12/19, to arrive before Christmas. If you're in need of stocking stuffers for your riding buds, now is the time!

Best,

Brian
Sponsor
Tue May 26, 2015 10:24 am quote
NO PETS at Half-Off!
Hello all:

Unfortunately, Jan and I are unable to attend Amerivespa this year due to schedule conflicts. BUT - we wanted to offer a promotion as if we were right there with you in Indianapolis! So - in honor of this great event, CoolAss is pleased to offer our sought-after NO PETS covers at half-price! And we'll add an extra NO PETS keychain, too.

Just visit our website Genuine CoolAss Seat Covers for Scooters and enter Promotion Code halfpets.

Prices for all NO PETS covers will magically change when you enter the Promotion Code. And there are no limits. This offer is only good, though, while our supplies last, so don't delay your order for too long!

Best to all,

Brian
Your Rally Here   Vespa Wasp Pin Badges   AF1 Racing Vespa Austin
Post Reply    Forum -> Reviews 12Next
[ Time: 0.3136s ][ Queries: 23 (0.0473s) ][ Debug on ]