@farsideman avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
2005 Vespa GT 200

Molto Verboso
@farsideman avatar
2005 Vespa GT 200
UTC quote
I have found a miracle cleaner that will remove the boot scuff marks from painted surfaces near the floorboard, and those boot scuff marks on the transmission housing where I try to find the centerstand with my foot. I also removed the metallic scuff marks at the bottom of my ignition key hole on the body paint where the key chain rubs back and forth while riding! I sprayed it on the transmission housing on all the soot and grease, and it immediately dissolved it and I wiped it away very easily with a soft cloth. I found what looked like a scratch on my top case was actually some kind of scuff that wasn't coming off with soap and water, and it rubbed off with 2-3 strokes of the cloth with Vroom.

It is Vroom All-Purpose Cleaner, found in the automotive department at Target. It's an orange-colored liquid in a plastic pump spray bottle, and is inexpensive, and is safe on vinyl, fabric, plastic, paint, rubber and polished surfaces.

I have also quit using the Lemon Pledge furniture polish on my windscreen, and have gone back to SlipStream Motorcycle Windscreen Cleaner and Polish. I noticed yesterday that the heat of the day had turned the Pledge into a slightly oily film on my windshield, which I didn't like.
@stldon avatar
UTC

Hooked
2005 GT200-Vintage Green, 2004 BMW R1150RT-Biarritz Blue, 9' 4wt G Loomis

Hooked
@stldon avatar
2005 GT200-Vintage Green, 2004 BMW R1150RT-Biarritz Blue, 9' 4wt G Loomis
UTC quote
Thanks for the advice, I'll try it.
@coley avatar
UTC

Addicted
'83 PX125E (little Red) / '09 Fuoco (unnamed)

Addicted
@coley avatar
'83 PX125E (little Red) / '09 Fuoco (unnamed)
UTC quote
Goo Gone too... as I discovered last weekend.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0389s ][ Queries: 6 (0.0140s) ][ Debug on ][ 313 ][ Thing One ]