Austin, TX Scooter Tag!
Post Reply    Forum -> Scooter Tag Previous123...565758
Author Message
Ossessionato
GTS 300ie
Joined: 14 May 2009
Posts: 2008
Location: Austin, TX, USA
Sat May 08, 2010 6:09 pm quote
I tried that Frank place, previous tag. It was awesome! I had the beer-soaked brat. It was the best brat I have ever had, and I have been to Oktoberfest in Germany. The mini-corn dogs are also really great. Everything was really good. It was worth the $10 parking. If you are ever downtown for other reasons, I really recommend trying it out, then you won't have to pay just to eat there.
Ossessionato
2009 BV500
Joined: 04 Aug 2008
Posts: 2087
Location: Austin, TX
Sat May 08, 2010 8:28 pm quote
soniam wrote:
Sorry to hear about your daughter. I hope she is doing better. I always wondered how you got around with only 1 car. Glad to see you back.

This was an amazingly easy tag. I thought it would be harder. This is right behind your office isn't it
Darn can't fool you can I?

Actually I work in the building 2 blocks over. My company owns both of the twin buildings just one has the sign updated because of the economy (even though they are making record profits.)
Ossessionato
2009 BV500
Joined: 04 Aug 2008
Posts: 2087
Location: Austin, TX
Sat May 08, 2010 8:30 pm quote
soniam wrote:
I tried that Frank place, previous tag. It was awesome! I had the beer-soaked brat. It was the best brat I have ever had, and I have been to Oktoberfest in Germany. The mini-corn dogs are also really great. Everything was really good. It was worth the $10 parking. If you are ever downtown for other reasons, I really recommend trying it out, then you won't have to pay just to eat there.
It is only a couple blocks up from my work so I'll have to try it once I am off the P90X crazy nutrition plan. I am going to Germany in June so I'll have to try one there to compare.
Ossessionato
GTS 300ie
Joined: 14 May 2009
Posts: 2008
Location: Austin, TX, USA
Sun May 09, 2010 6:16 am quote
I debated about pulling up on the sidewalk, especially since there were people on it. I did it again for another tag that I got for a later time. When I got this tag, there was a sign that specifically said that motorized vehicles were not allowed. I really should have gotten a pic of my scoot on the sidewalk with that sign Maybe next time I am down there, I will do it again

I have heard that your company's owner is a bit frugal. That's probably why it has survived so long. I am so glad that we have a yankee in charge now. The previous guys were too much into showing off and blowing money.

As for Frank, the beer-soaked brat is probably one of the healthiest things on the menu. The food is awesome, but it is definitely not low in fat. Although, since the sausages are all made in house or custom made for the restaurant, I bet they are healthier than your typical sausage.
Ossessionato
2009 BV500
Joined: 04 Aug 2008
Posts: 2087
Location: Austin, TX
Mon May 10, 2010 6:25 am quote
soniam wrote:
I debated about pulling up on the sidewalk, especially since there were people on it. I did it again for another tag that I got for a later time. When I got this tag, there was a sign that specifically said that motorized vehicles were not allowed. I really should have gotten a pic of my scoot on the sidewalk with that sign Maybe next time I am down there, I will do it again

I have heard that your company's owner is a bit frugal. That's probably why it has survived so long. I am so glad that we have a yankee in charge now. The previous guys were too much into showing off and blowing money.

As for Frank, the beer-soaked brat is probably one of the healthiest things on the menu. The food is awesome, but it is definitely not low in fat. Although, since the sausages are all made in house or custom made for the restaurant, I bet they are healthier than your typical sausage.
haha there was a no motorized vehicle sign on the sidewalk there? Oops I usually don't try to break the rules. I am pushing it usually putting my bike on the sidewalk anyway because it really looks more like a motorcycle than a scooter. If I had an LX150 or even a GTS I wouldn't feel so guilty about it.

I took the photo in the morning and no one was out there so I just did it.

I don't know if I would say the CEO is frugal because they treat the employees here really really well. Plus if we need something they don't hesitate for us to get it. With that said the company does make very good decisions on what to do with its money and it shows. I haven't worked for a better company when it comes to handling its finances and making business decisions on what will bring in profit. I think that is why the company is winning is extremely wise choices on where we choose to do business and the extremely talented people that get hired here.

That food sounds so good! I am definitely going to go there just have to wait for awhile. I don't want to potentially impact the results of my current round of exercises.
Ossessionato
GTS 300ie
Joined: 14 May 2009
Posts: 2008
Location: Austin, TX, USA
Mon May 10, 2010 5:34 pm quote
Actually, the no motorized vehicle sign was at a different picture that I took near there.

I didn't mean to make your company sound cheap. By frugal, I meant exactly what you said.

Keep up the exercise. You have done an amazing job.
Ossessionato
2009 BV500
Joined: 04 Aug 2008
Posts: 2087
Location: Austin, TX
Tue May 11, 2010 6:31 am quote
soniam wrote:
Actually, the no motorized vehicle sign was at a different picture that I took near there.

I didn't mean to make your company sound cheap. By frugal, I meant exactly what you said.

Keep up the exercise. You have done an amazing job.
Thanks!

I think the Frank's place is having a 20 dollar gift certificate for 10 dollars today:

http://365austin.fanforce.com/austin/frank_10_for_20/?utm_source=365Austin+Deals&utm_campaign=frank_10_for_20&utm_medium=facebook

I might buy one and save it because it is good until August.
Ossessionato
GTS 300ie
Joined: 14 May 2009
Posts: 2008
Location: Austin, TX, USA
Fri May 21, 2010 6:06 pm quote
So, is the tag too hard or are people just not interested in/available for scooter tag? I gave a hint, but I can give more. I will be heading out for Amerivespa on Wednesday, so if you want a hint before that, let me know.
Ossessionato
2009 BV500
Joined: 04 Aug 2008
Posts: 2087
Location: Austin, TX
Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:35 am quote
soniam wrote:
So, is the tag too hard or are people just not interested in/available for scooter tag? I gave a hint, but I can give more. I will be heading out for Amerivespa on Wednesday, so if you want a hint before that, let me know.
I have no clue
Ossessionato
GTS 300ie
Joined: 14 May 2009
Posts: 2008
Location: Austin, TX, USA
Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:56 pm quote
The hint was in the original tag picture. This is the Austin This Old House project. It is in Hyde Park. When I saw the show, I knew exactly where this was. I used to live right near it in college and passed by it all of the time on my way to places. Sorry for the late response. I am just getting back into my routine after going to Amerivespa.
Ossessionato
GTS 300ie
Joined: 14 May 2009
Posts: 2008
Location: Austin, TX, USA
Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:04 pm quote
So the tag has been up for about a month now. I am out of commission, because my camera is broken. This is the Austin This Old House project. It is on Avenue H near 42nd.
Ossessionato
2009 BV500
Joined: 04 Aug 2008
Posts: 2087
Location: Austin, TX
Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:44 am quote
soniam wrote:
So the tag has been up for about a month now. I am out of commission, because my camera is broken. This is the Austin This Old House project. It is on Avenue H near 42nd.
Looks like the tag game is pretty dead. Right after asking for a hint my wife and I went to Europe so I couldn't go get the tag. Where is everyone else?
Hooked
2010 GTS300 Super
Joined: 04 Jun 2008
Posts: 362
Location: Austin, Texas
Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:05 pm quote
dead?
Clear !!

defib.jpg

Ossessionato
GTS 300ie
Joined: 14 May 2009
Posts: 2008
Location: Austin, TX, USA
Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:50 pm quote
I am willing to play. Might be slow though due to the heat. I don't like going out during the middle of the work day, because I return sopping wet. Feel free to get my tag or pick a new one.
Addicted
'08 GTS
Joined: 07 Sep 2008
Posts: 600
Location: San Diego, CA
Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:09 am quote
5 months?
wow, I thought 2 weeks was a slow spell in scooter tag. what happened Austin?
Ossessionato
GTS 300ie
Joined: 14 May 2009
Posts: 2008
Location: Austin, TX, USA
Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:04 pm quote
Re: 5 months?
mmehren wrote:
wow, I thought 2 weeks was a slow spell in scooter tag. what happened Austin?
I guess everyone that plays got busy or bored. I wish someone would play with me
Enthusiast
2009 GTS 250 & 1967 Sprint
Joined: 01 Jul 2009
Posts: 66
Location: Austin, TX
Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:57 am quote
Ok, it's finally scooter tag weather! I'll play!
Ossessionato
GTS 300ie
Joined: 14 May 2009
Posts: 2008
Location: Austin, TX, USA
Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:17 pm quote
Unfortunately, my scooter is out of commission right now. I have a knot on the tire, so I need to get new tires. I have been too busy to call the shop to have it towed in. Maybe someone else will want to play.
Ossessionato
2009 BV500
Joined: 04 Aug 2008
Posts: 2087
Location: Austin, TX
Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:32 am quote
Well sorry I have been out of commission. It has been crazy for me lately. Been too busy. I'll try to start participating again. I just noticed last week that the Vespa Austin store is closed down

What a bummer. I went to the website and I guess AF1 will be opening up a shop here soon. I hope it isn't too long. I tried to go by there for a battery last month but they weren't open I guess I should have figured it out. I think I need another service soon. I just passed 9k miles.

Anyway I hope everyone is doing well. I am still riding so wave if you see me in town. Also I think with Gas prices going up people will start buying more scooters again. I have had more and more people start asking me questions about my scooter.
Ossessionato
GTS 300ie
Joined: 14 May 2009
Posts: 2008
Location: Austin, TX, USA
Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:50 pm quote
Good to see a post from you. You are right about Vespa Austin and AF1. Vespa Austin closed in March. AF1 is supposed to be moving to a site downtown right by the convention center. If you need a service, try Austin City Power Sports. I had some work done there recently (new tires, brake & radiator flush, exhaust work), and they were great. Plus they are south. Others in the Austin Scooter Club have been there too with nothing but good things to say. I think I will be taking it in for an oil change soon too.

http://austincitypowersports.com/

I won't be participating for a bit. We are leaving for Germany next week. We then have another trip at the end of May, and I will be riding to New Orleans for Amerivespa around Father's Day.

I was thinking about you when we saw the fires in Oak Hill a couple of weeks ago. I thought you might be close. Hopefully everything is good. We back up to the greenbelt and spent all last weekend clearing brush and dried leaves from our yard and behind our fence. It will be more of the same this weekend.
Hooked
'07 MP3 250 ('08 Mar-'09 Mar)
Joined: 24 Apr 2008
Posts: 132
Location: TEXAS
Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:24 pm quote
Quote:
You are right about Vespa Austin and AF1. Vespa Austin closed in March. AF1 is supposed to be moving to a site downtown right by the convention center.
+ 1

Opening up a 'second' location is tough but now that AF1's got the rights to ALL the Piaggio line for Austin along w/ their current location in NB, I can see them opening up a 'brand new' place in a few years & finally getting back to Austin where they initially started as a small 'shop' awhile back.

Give 'em time, they're already known 'worldwide' via their aprilia Internet sales & the aprilia forum they've run for a few years now:http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/
Ossessionato
2009 BV500
Joined: 04 Aug 2008
Posts: 2087
Location: Austin, TX
Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:39 am quote
soniam wrote:
Good to see a post from you. You are right about Vespa Austin and AF1. Vespa Austin closed in March. AF1 is supposed to be moving to a site downtown right by the convention center. If you need a service, try Austin City Power Sports. I had some work done there recently (new tires, brake & radiator flush, exhaust work), and they were great. Plus they are south. Others in the Austin Scooter Club have been there too with nothing but good things to say. I think I will be taking it in for an oil change soon too.

http://austincitypowersports.com/

I won't be participating for a bit. We are leaving for Germany next week. We then have another trip at the end of May, and I will be riding to New Orleans for Amerivespa around Father's Day.

I was thinking about you when we saw the fires in Oak Hill a couple of weeks ago. I thought you might be close. Hopefully everything is good. We back up to the greenbelt and spent all last weekend clearing brush and dried leaves from our yard and behind our fence. It will be more of the same this weekend.
Thanks for the dealer recommendation. I really have to get my scoot checked out. I was way late getting my inspection it was due last August and I just got around to getting it done in April. I got my battery and inspection done by the Yamaha dealer on S. Congress. They were pretty nice and fast with the inspection. I don't think I would take my Italian scooter to them for service though. I still have an extended warranty and I am worried that if I go somewhere else they might try to void it.

I am going to Montreux Switzerland and Munich Germany in May. I am leaving on the 27th and getting back on June 4th. Not very long. I went last year too my work has been sending me on more business trips and I love seeing all the different countries. I think Switzerland is my favorite so far. I have only been to Geneva and Montreux so far but Montreux is breathtaking.

The fire was definitely scary. I am not that far from where it happened. I am one neighborhood west of the neighborhood that was effected. There are two major valleys that run right there. The fire started at 1826/290 and went North. If it would have went west it would have went right behind our house. Behind our house is a subdivision but they have acreage lots so we can't see the house behind us so it feels like a greenbelt but I cannot get over the fence to clean up the brush. Fortunately we have about 50' of back yard and I have it well maintained so I think the house is pretty safe. The day of the fire we were all outside watching. They evacuated the effected neighborhood around 3 or so. Then at 4 they evacuated us because the winds shifted and they thought it could travel down that second valley. We went to dinner and came back around 6:30 and they let us back in thankfully. Nothing like eating dinner in my wife's van with 2 cats a dog and kids that were freaked out.
Ossessionato
2009 BV500
Joined: 04 Aug 2008
Posts: 2087
Location: Austin, TX
Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:44 am quote
SAFit07 wrote:
Quote:
You are right about Vespa Austin and AF1. Vespa Austin closed in March. AF1 is supposed to be moving to a site downtown right by the convention center.
+ 1

Opening up a 'second' location is tough but now that AF1's got the rights to ALL the Piaggio line for Austin along w/ their current location in NB, I can see them opening up a 'brand new' place in a few years & finally getting back to Austin where they initially started as a small 'shop' awhile back.

Give 'em time, they're already known 'worldwide' via their aprilia Internet sales & the aprilia forum they've run for a few years now:http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/
I hope they can establish a good shop in Austin. Part of me really thinks the boutique concept in the U.S. kinda killed the Vespa dealers. Yeah it is cute and all but Americans are used to having a dealership feel for vehicles. Yeah it is nice to have a cool shop to display the merchandise but after I spend that hour buying the vehicle I want to know that the shop is competent and able to meet my ownership needs. I didn't really get that impression from Vespa Austin. I really liked Thovas and really respected him but the service department was lacking. I think the mechanics were proficient but they could never find parts, when I ordered a part I had to call to see when it came in, it didn't seem like they were good at scheduling their time, etc... etc... etc... I would gladly give up some of the cuteness of the sales floor for some proficiency for people who already own and need some professional service.
Hooked
'07 MP3 250 ('08 Mar-'09 Mar)
Joined: 24 Apr 2008
Posts: 132
Location: TEXAS
Thu May 12, 2011 6:21 pm quote
Pics of recent shipments received @ their NB locale. Goal is end-of-month or June opening. Long nights itz been since March I hear working on the 'new' website, etc....

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150180290709870&set=a.156143709869.114294.100220879869&type=1&theater
Ossessionato
2009 BV500
Joined: 04 Aug 2008
Posts: 2087
Location: Austin, TX
Wed May 18, 2011 9:53 am quote
SAFit07 wrote:
Pics of recent shipments received @ their NB locale. Goal is end-of-month or June opening. Long nights itz been since March I hear working on the 'new' website, etc....

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150180290709870&set=a.156143709869.114294.100220879869&type=1&theater
I just saw their facebook page on Monday they posted a picture of the building where they'll be opening in Austin. I found it on street view it is 304 E. Cesar Chavez. I am excited only 4 blocks to my work! I can drop off my scooter for service and walk to work.
Hooked
'07 MP3 250 ('08 Mar-'09 Mar)
Joined: 24 Apr 2008
Posts: 132
Location: TEXAS
Wed May 18, 2011 6:56 pm quote
Had a some 'major photo shoot' for some upcoming ads too. Just saw this on their facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/AF1-Racing/100220879869
Ossessionato
2009 BV500
Joined: 04 Aug 2008
Posts: 2087
Location: Austin, TX
Fri May 20, 2011 5:29 am quote
Okay let's get the tag game going again. Any hints on this one I don't have a clue. I am willing to go pick it up next week if I can figure out what it is.
Ossessionato
GTS 300ie
Joined: 14 May 2009
Posts: 2008
Location: Austin, TX, USA
Sat May 21, 2011 7:20 am quote
It's the Austin house done by "This Old House". It's in Hyde Park. Let me know if you want more hints, or feel free to pick a new tag. I probably won't be able to participate for a while. I will be on vacation a lot over the next month.
Ossessionato
2009 BV500
Joined: 04 Aug 2008
Posts: 2087
Location: Austin, TX
Sat May 21, 2011 6:47 pm quote
soniam wrote:
It's the Austin house done by "This Old House". It's in Hyde Park. Let me know if you want more hints, or feel free to pick a new tag. I probably won't be able to participate for a while. I will be on vacation a lot over the next month.
Darn vacations... Who needs them anyway?

I know where it is now I'll try to get it this week.
Ossessionato
GTS 300ie
Joined: 14 May 2009
Posts: 2008
Location: Austin, TX, USA
Sat May 21, 2011 7:09 pm quote
ummgood wrote:
I am going to Montreux Switzerland and Munich Germany in May. I am leaving on the 27th and getting back on June 4th. Not very long. I went last year too my work has been sending me on more business trips and I love seeing all the different countries. I think Switzerland is my favorite so far. I have only been to Geneva and Montreux so far but Montreux is breathtaking.

The fire was definitely scary. I am not that far from where it happened. I am one neighborhood west of the neighborhood that was effected. There are two major valleys that run right there. The fire started at 1826/290 and went North. If it would have went west it would have went right behind our house. Behind our house is a subdivision but they have acreage lots so we can't see the house behind us so it feels like a greenbelt but I cannot get over the fence to clean up the brush. Fortunately we have about 50' of back yard and I have it well maintained so I think the house is pretty safe. The day of the fire we were all outside watching. They evacuated the effected neighborhood around 3 or so. Then at 4 they evacuated us because the winds shifted and they thought it could travel down that second valley. We went to dinner and came back around 6:30 and they let us back in thankfully. Nothing like eating dinner in my wife's van with 2 cats a dog and kids that were freaked out.
We just back from Munich. The weather was great. Scooters, especially modern and vintage Vespas, all over. Have fun. The Chinese beer garden in the English garden is really cool.

That fire was really scary. Glad to hear you guys were okay. If you have a chance, check out texasfirestorm.org, especially the Ready/Set/Go brochure. Lots of good preventative and safety info. I never really thought that I lived in a wildland area, but that fire sure brought the message home. We will be much more vigilant now.
Ossessionato
2009 BV500
Joined: 04 Aug 2008
Posts: 2087
Location: Austin, TX
Wed May 25, 2011 9:37 am quote
soniam wrote:
We just back from Munich. The weather was great. Scooters, especially modern and vintage Vespas, all over. Have fun. The Chinese beer garden in the English garden is really cool.

That fire was really scary. Glad to hear you guys were okay. If you have a chance, check out texasfirestorm.org, especially the Ready/Set/Go brochure. Lots of good preventative and safety info. I never really thought that I lived in a wildland area, but that fire sure brought the message home. We will be much more vigilant now.
Thanks for the Munich stuff. I will see if I have time to check it out. Hopefully I can have at least a few hours to walk around/ride the train/and check some things out.

I actually found the tag today and snapped a photo. I just have to see if I have time to find another tag. Hopefully on the way home.
Ossessionato
2009 BV500
Joined: 04 Aug 2008
Posts: 2087
Location: Austin, TX
Fri May 27, 2011 1:12 am quote
Well I got the tag but didn't have a chance to get another tag so I'll have to wait until I get back if someone else doesn't get it.
Addicted
'08 GTS
Joined: 07 Sep 2008
Posts: 600
Location: San Diego, CA
Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:21 pm quote
Re: 5 months?
soniam wrote:
mmehren wrote:
wow, I thought 2 weeks was a slow spell in scooter tag. what happened Austin?
I guess everyone that plays got busy or bored. I wish someone would play with me
another slow spell over there in TX? you could come over and play tag in San Diego! though, we have had a few long stretches between tags recently too.
Enthusiast
2001 ET4 150 , 2010 GTS 300 Super
Joined: 18 Jul 2011
Posts: 72
Location: San Antonio, Tx
Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:15 am quote
I know where the tag is and I'm coming up this weekend and going to get it!
Molto Verboso
2009 LXV - Puddin'
Joined: 14 Feb 2006
Posts: 1224
Location: Austin, TX
Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:15 pm quote
Tag!
Saw this was super dead, am bored and thought I'd start with a new photo. An easy one I took a few days ago. Any takers?

IMG_0733.JPG

Rallies Europe 2016   Vespa Wasp Scarves   Scooter Parts Company
Post Reply    Forum -> Scooter Tag Previous123...565758
[ Time: 0.1479s ][ Queries: 25 (0.0538s) ][ Debug on ]