OP
@boulty avatar
UTC

Moderator Australis
2014 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone, 2014 Vespa 150 Primavera (sold) 2003 Vespa GT200 (sold)

Moderator Australis
@boulty avatar
2014 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone, 2014 Vespa 150 Primavera (sold) 2003 Vespa GT200 (sold)
UTC quote
I have a GT200 (2003) and I was wondering if the lightswitch has a spring-loaded high beam 'flash' position? i.e. for briefly signaling high beam as a visibility warning etc.
The reason I ask is in the standard ON position the switch rocks a just a little to the right, then springs back. Nothing happens when I do this but I was wondering if this is meant to be a possible 'flash' position?
High beam ON works fine when in the latched position to the left.
Nothing in the handbook, advice gratefully accepted.
@solid_steel avatar
UTC

Addicted
Vespa GT & Vespa LX

Addicted
@solid_steel avatar
Vespa GT & Vespa LX
UTC quote
Nope - mine doesn't flash...
@paul_blknblu avatar
UTC

Addicted
'2017 GTS 300 SS

Addicted
@paul_blknblu avatar
'2017 GTS 300 SS
UTC quote
Nor mine on the GT. I don't think you'd want it to happen either....
OP
@boulty avatar
UTC

Moderator Australis

Moderator Australis
@boulty avatar
UTC quote
maybe I didnt explain so well
Like on a car, if you pull the light switch stalk towards you (springloaded) you get a flash of high beam to indicate a warning to an oncoming vehicle. As soon as you release it returns to the normal setting. I thought there maybe something similar on a bike....but no.
Thanks for your replies I guess I have my answer.
By the way, the previous owner fitted some red running lights inside the grilles on the leg shields. They work a treat, making you more visible from the side/rear view.

Cheers
UTC

Vespa GT 125

Vespa GT 125
UTC quote
Re: maybe I didnt explain so well
Boulty wrote:
Thanks for your replies I guess I have my answer.
By the way, the previous owner fitted some red running lights inside the grilles on the leg shields. They work a treat, making you more visible from the side/rear view.

Cheers
Hi Boulty,

Would be really interested to see the pictures of these lights if you can attach them here. I am looking to do similar thing on my GT once non-riding winter period kicks in.

rgds
Vespaman
@paul_blknblu avatar
UTC

Addicted
'2017 GTS 300 SS

Addicted
@paul_blknblu avatar
'2017 GTS 300 SS
UTC quote
Hi Boultry...
yep, I was fully aware of what you meant by having a flash switch - it's just you gotta think about being on a bike flashing away to some dude in a car and then another goon cut's up with their car from the inside cos they're thinking what is Scooter person up to and not realising you've been flashin' to some other motor then BANG!! end of story....
In a car it's kinda of ok to flash as normally you'd be hoggin' the whole lane.
BUT, I like the idea of flashin' leds along the side - look good for Xmas.
@larrydj avatar
UTC

Hooked
Vespa GTS Super 300ie

Hooked
@larrydj avatar
Vespa GTS Super 300ie
UTC quote
Quote:
What does it take to get behind the grills? I have a GT manual, and it implies you have to take the horn cover, handlebar headset, and a bunch of other stuff off. Is there a way just to remove the glovebox without going through all that?
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0520s ][ Queries: 10 (0.0267s) ][ Debug on ][ 313 ][ Thing One ]