OP
@luthorhuss avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
R.I.P. ----K.I.T.T.500, Agent Orange (400)

Ossessionato
@luthorhuss avatar
UTC quote
I'm surprised I haven't thought of this..seems like the easiest mod in the world, just two hydraulics. Still, cool....I will be making this very, very soon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TiV9rE_WETc
@mcharris avatar
UTC

Hooked
Piaggio MP3/250

Hooked
@mcharris avatar
Piaggio MP3/250
UTC quote
There is a thread in this this forum somewhere showing others that have done this mod.
UTC

Hooked
Piaggio MP3 400

Hooked
Piaggio MP3 400
UTC quote
Ok Luthor when you finish this mod tell me how to do it too!!! I really am the typical soccer/baseball mom and that seat is a pain in the butt when your arms are full of groceries. That mod is essential for us moms!

Dale
@jacq avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
Willow Rouge: Excaliber Silver MP3 250 VIN 3288

Molto Verboso
@jacq avatar
Willow Rouge: Excaliber Silver MP3 250 VIN 3288
UTC quote
Oh Luthor
Luthor...lol.....lol......

Okay....take lots and lots of pics for the documentary....You know, somebody has to teach the class.....

Uh and....That would be me.

Looking forward to it....
@501 avatar
UTC

Hooked

Hooked
@501 avatar
UTC quote
Yea there should be a thread from over a year ago about that mod, although I have no idea what words you would search for to find it.
UTC

Hooked
Piaggio MP3 400

Hooked
Piaggio MP3 400
UTC quote
The thread
I think I found the thread for this mod:

https://modernvespa.com/forum/topic23555?highlight=seat+mod

Dale
@lux avatar
UTC

Enthusiast
Piaggio MP3 500 (demon black)

Enthusiast
@lux avatar
Piaggio MP3 500 (demon black)
UTC quote
I don't know if this is personally worth it to me. I can just imagine hitting the trunk release by mistake, and leaving my innards open to the world for the taking.
@stickyfrog avatar
UTC

Moderatus Rana
MP3 250 and 2 MP3 500s

Moderatus Rana
@stickyfrog avatar
MP3 250 and 2 MP3 500s
UTC quote
Even cooler would be to push the key again and have it close!
OP
@luthorhuss avatar
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
@luthorhuss avatar
UTC quote
working on that, too. I'm thinking that the closing part, should I decide not to hook up something electric, will involve a very large spring of some sort.
UTC

Hooked
Piaggio MP3 400

Hooked
Piaggio MP3 400
UTC quote
Might Max
I found the gas pistions at Auto Zone. They have a ton of different sizes. I guess I just need to work out what size. I think 2 will work fine. Guess I need to work out how it will lift - quickly enough before the seat relatches. If it doesn't then I guess use the trick of the washers.

I think the pistons (struts) were called Mighty Max or Mighty Lift. The smallest one was about $20. It looked to be about 12" long fully opened.

Dale
@emptynest avatar
UTC

Addicted
MP 3

Addicted
@emptynest avatar
MP 3
UTC quote
Luthor, have you seen that commercial on tv with the guy looking to buy a wide screen tv and then he gets slapped on the wrist by a "human pig"? The guy then admits to himself by saying: "You're right, I really don't need it". Well, I wouldn't be surprised if that same ficticious pig slaps your hand. ROFL emoticon
OP
@luthorhuss avatar
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
@luthorhuss avatar
UTC quote
This is Tennessee. I roasted that pig the day he slapped my hand while looking at the Mp3s. Everything has been much smoother(and yummier) since that day...
@jimc avatar
UTC

Moderaptor
The Hornet (GT200, aka Love Bug) and 'Dimples' - a GTS 300

Moderaptor
@jimc avatar
The Hornet (GT200, aka Love Bug) and 'Dimples' - a GTS 300
UTC quote
Roasted HOG, very nice.
UTC

Banned

Banned
UTC quote
jimc wrote:
Roasted HOG, very nice.
BBQ, as we call it is the best down South, Tenn, NC, SC, Texas is most likely number one for BBQ.
They smoke it for hours with at low temps and it is so tender and juicy. I love pulled pork or Brisket with a good BBQ sauce. The Pork & Brisket just falls apart if smoked right.

Wayne B
@bohemian avatar
UTC

Hooked
2009 MP3-500 Black

Hooked
@bohemian avatar
2009 MP3-500 Black
UTC quote
jimc wrote:
Roasted HOG, very nice.
Harley HOG?
@emptynest avatar
UTC

Addicted
MP 3

Addicted
@emptynest avatar
MP 3
UTC quote
Good come back Luthor... ROFL emoticon
UTC

Enthusiast
09 MP3 4Hundy

Enthusiast
09 MP3 4Hundy
UTC quote
Wayne B wrote:
jimc wrote:
Roasted HOG, very nice.
BBQ, as we call it is the best down South, Tenn, NC, SC, Texas is most likely number one for BBQ.
They smoke it for hours with at low temps and it is so tender and juicy. I love pulled pork or Brisket with a good BBQ sauce. The Pork & Brisket just falls apart if smoked right.

Wayne B
Memphis has the best BBQ IMO. Texas doesn't count as the "South" Laughing emoticon to the rest of the South, just like Florida.
@bubbajon avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
RIP: MP3 500 - Brutto Moto

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@bubbajon avatar
RIP: MP3 500 - Brutto Moto
UTC quote
Yep
44boyd wrote:
Wayne B wrote:
jimc wrote:
Roasted HOG, very nice.

Wayne B
Memphis has the best BBQ IMO. Texas doesn't count as the "South" Laughing emoticon to the rest of the South, just like Florida.
Not to start a regional skirmish as half of my kin are from and live in Texas, but I'd agree with that statement. I *do* like Carolina style mustard sauce tho...
@bohemian avatar
UTC

Hooked
2009 MP3-500 Black

Hooked
@bohemian avatar
2009 MP3-500 Black
UTC quote
If it is not beef, it is not BBQ. If it has sauce on it it is not BBQ. <--- Just echoing what a Texan says about BBQ.
UTC

Hooked
MP3 500 Passion Red

Hooked
MP3 500 Passion Red
UTC quote
Quote:
Memphis has the best BBQ IMO. Texas doesn't count as the "South" to the rest of the South, just like Florida.
Hummph....that's why so many Texans still consider cessation from the union and becoming once again a soverign nation! Are you KIDDING me? Texas isn't part of the South? Laughing emoticon

Down here we consider that anyone outside of Texas is a Yankee. And everyone above the Mason-Dixon line is a Damn Yankee! ha ha ha

Texas has the best BBQ. Hands down. Spoken by a true dyed in the wool, Dallas Cowboy lovin, University of Texas Graduate, kin to many Texas Aggies, born and bred Texan! Heck, we practically have our own language! he he he

One of the next bike rides I plan on is a treck down highway 67 to Stephenville to eat at the Hard Eight Barbeque. They have a "hog pen" for the bikes. I just know that my little 500 beast will be the belle of the ball! Anyone else interested?

Caio! .... or is that CHOW?
OP
@luthorhuss avatar
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
@luthorhuss avatar
UTC quote
Okay, I gotta throw my two cents worth into the BBQ ring! Especially since I started the banter about roasting hog lol. Texas is a great state. I would go so far as to consider it an 'honorary' member of the South. But if your star ain't in the first 2 top rows of the American Flag, then you might as well be Hawaii. I'm from Georgia, #4 in the lineup and 2nd state to secede(dam SC beat us to it!). If you're reading this and mad cos you now think your state isn't Southern, just ask yourself...do I know what Turduckin is?(no googlin cheater!)

As for BBQ, I personally like Sweet, so I'm more of a Southern and Kansas City style myself. Carolina BBQ is fine, but only if I can't find the sweet sauce. Brisket is okay, but the guys from Texas should know that beef is meant for steak. Gimme a Piney Wood Rooter that's been corn fed and slow roasted any day! Sueeey!! Now if I can just figure out to mount my mudgrips and gun rack on my mp3, I'll be all set!
@fuzzy avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
. . 2008 Blue MP3 400. . di Peluria Orso .... 1993 Kawasaki Vulcan 500 ....... 2013 Honda NC700XD; 2017 Versys X300

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@fuzzy avatar
. . 2008 Blue MP3 400. . di Peluria Orso .... 1993 Kawasaki Vulcan 500 ....... 2013 Honda NC700XD; 2017 Versys X300
UTC quote
I've lived in 11 states, 10 of them south of the Mason Dixie line and including Georgia and Texas. There are different styles of BBQ across the south and I enjoy them all, but the absolute best is a plate of ribs and fries at McLards in Hot Springs, Arkansas. Second is Rendevous in Memphis. A Canadian friend I worked 2 years in Memphis with pointed out in the south he learned that BBQ is not a meal, it is an event.

Q. What is the most feared thing in Texas?

A. A Yankee with a U-haul.
@old_as_dirt avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2007 GTS

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@old_as_dirt avatar
2007 GTS
UTC quote
BBQ and M/c's or scooter go hand in hand as there are alot of different rides out there and alot of differrent styles of BBQ, which one fits you is for you to decide. The bottom line is try em all you might like more than 1.
OP
@luthorhuss avatar
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
@luthorhuss avatar
UTC quote
old as dirt wrote:
BBQ and M/c's or scooter go hand in hand as there are alot of different rides out there and alot of differrent styles of BBQ, which one fits you is for you to decide. The bottom line is try em all you might like more than 1.
With either one you'll end up covered in grease and with a few ribs stripped of meat.
@jthspace avatar
UTC

Enthusiast
MP3 250

Enthusiast
@jthspace avatar
MP3 250
UTC quote
. . . . . and if anyone has the gas struts holding up their BBQ broiler lid, CAN YOU TELL US IF THEY WILL FIT THE MP3 SEAT!!!!

Laughing emoticon
UTC

Hooked
Piaggio MP3 400

Hooked
Piaggio MP3 400
UTC quote
Ok so I went to Auto Zone and looked at the 12 inch Mighty Lift gas struts. Brought them outside to see if it is what fit the bike and yes it did. But I couldn't push them in. They said they were stiff. Well ok but if I put one end on the floor and try to push the other end it should go down - don't ya think? I read the instructions and all it talked about was how to replace the old one - no trick to getting it to push down. I am wondering if they need to be in their socket as a sort of release. They were the right size but I can't imagine my seat being more pressure than I just applied to those lift supports. Any ideas?

Oh sorry to take you away from the BBQ discussion but as I am not from the south and considered a yankee displaced in the land of fruits and nuts it is unlikely that my opinion of BBQ sauce would hold much regard Laughing emoticon

Dale
UTC

Hooked
Piaggio MP3 400

Hooked
Piaggio MP3 400
UTC quote
Ok figured out they were too much force.

Dale
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.1386s ][ Queries: 30 (0.1053s) ][ Debug on ][ 313 ][ Thing One ]