UPDATE - Warning on Armadillo Scooter Wear
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion 12Next
Author Message
Size of a Chaffinch
PX 125 "The Bruise" (SOLD)
Joined: 30 Mar 2006
Posts: 5544
Location: London
Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:49 am quote
I don't know if any of you are aware of Armadillo scooter gear, which is a new supplier of funky looking scooter clothing here in the UK.

I have (or had) a pair of their gloves. On locking up today, I threaded my security chain through the back wheel, still wearing my gloves in order to avoid burning my hands.

The gloves touched the exhaust briefly while I was doing this and melted and right down to the finger! If this is any indication of quality overall, I'd give Armadillo a miss. Tearing or loose stitching can be dealt with. But when your kit melts on you, it is time for leather!

Last edited by Wonder Machine on Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Banned
2002 Bajaj Legend
Joined: 14 Mar 2008
Posts: 413
Location: Portland, OR
Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:01 pm quote
It's too bad that their products aren't quality because they look great.

I just bought a pair of the Urbano Corazzo riding gloves that are amazing. http://www.corazzo.net/?q=node/216
I've been riding around with a pair of leather gloves I bought at a leather outlet store 4 years ago. My dog founds them and chewed off every other finger. It ended up being a blessing, because my new gloves are rippin'!
Banned
Joined: 24 Oct 2007
Posts: 6035

Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:23 pm quote
When I saw this I thought I remembered someone warning us about this brand

Sure enough, from Fashionistas:
CorazzoBradford wrote:
Hey Guys
We got back from the UK Dealer Expo in January, and while we were there had a good look at their gear and armor.
Style and fit is great, nice people too.

A few concerns from riding perspective:

No abrasion resistance built in, armor does not work if it falls out of torn fabric.

No reflective.

The armor claim for 3DO armor is that it passes CE at 40joules. CE passing # is 50. Our armor manufacturer, Knox, the world's best, tested it at 50 joules, and it split. I have photos I will post later.

http://www.armadilloscooterwear.com/serve.php?page=d3o
Their armor is also cast flat, so there is no cupping of your joints. A lack of back armor options also concern me. Their chart for how it gets harder the harder the impact graphically describes exactly what you do not want in armor.
1) They say it completely conforms to your body - well clearly it
doesn't because the image show someone having to force it into that
shape. I know several ski brands that have used d3o, it
sticks out in the jacket because it's not 3 dimensional and it heavy so
it sags.

2) They claim it's CE approved but the information appears totally
misleading.
A) They show a 9mm pad, but when we've tested their 9mm pad it does not pass.

B) They show a min - max of 0-2 to 3-4, what the hell does that mean?
It has nothing to do with EN1621-1.

c) the protection value shown is a result taken from a 40J impact.
EN1621-1 (CE Rating) requires a 50J impact so the result is meaningless. The 9mm pad
may just pass at 40J but it could not get approval. The test is at 50J
and to pass at 50J they need a 12mm pad.

The information is deliberately misleading and totally incorrect in
respect of EN1621-1.

They are nice guys, I welcome them to the market, and wish them best. But because they advertise as Scooter wear, does not mean that they have a knowledge of good impact protection, abrasion resistance, and a visibility component for nighttime riding, three pillars of Corazzo's design that we think are very important when selling technical riding gear.

Caveat Emptor.

Warm Regard
Bradford
Corazzo
From a materials engineering point of view,
if the gloves melt at low temperatures,
they are not at all likely to provide good abrasion-resistance

Caveat Emptor is right!!
Banned
Joined: 24 Oct 2007
Posts: 6035

Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:55 pm quote
I've looked into it and I'm steamed

Looks like lots of folks are promoting Armadillo Scooter Wear (among other brands)
based on how they look,
without ever testing their items for protection on impact or abrasion-resistance

And it looks like Armadillo was very selective in mentioning what components of their items have been tested

My opinion:
There should be standard tests that all the protective motorcycle/scooter ware manufacturers
should be required to use to rate how protective their fully-assembled items are

It's easy for the consumer to figure out how fashionable and how comfortable these things are
But we're not going to crash in them, just to test how safe they are!
Sponsor
DL200, TV2, Vega, Lui, GTS
Joined: 11 Nov 2005
Posts: 750
Location: Orange, NJ
Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:47 pm quote
L from Jersey wrote:
I've looked into it and I'm steamed

Looks like lots of folks are promoting Armadillo Scooter Wear (among other brands)
based on how they look,
without ever testing their items for protection on impact or abrasion-resistance

And it looks like Armadillo was very selective in mentioning what components of their items have been tested

My opinion:
There should be standard tests that all the protective motorcycle/scooter ware manufacturers
should be required to use to rate how protective their fully-assembled items are

It's easy for the consumer to figure out how fashionable and how comfortable these things are
But we're not going to crash in them, just to test how safe they are!
On the other hand, trying to get some scooter riders to even consider buying protective gear is almost impossible because of the way much motorcycle and scooter gear looks bulky.

Anything that offer some protection whilst still making these naive riders look a bit stylish is OK in my book.

Remember the story I told you about the girl in a baby doll dress, and her BF in a builders hat that came riding in?

No way I could get them to buy a Corazzo, but they'll like the Armadillo.

Andrea
Addicted
Piaggio BV500, Genuine Stella, P200e
Joined: 06 Sep 2006
Posts: 821
Location: Atlanta, GA (Milton)
Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:06 pm quote
Yeah, there are other concerns there as well. At the moment, I'm still a big fan of Corazzo (though my Urbano gloves are currently sitting on my dealers desk to go back to Corazzo since they came apart at the seams after less than a month of use), and Tucano Urbano, but the TU stuff is still a bitch to buy in the US.
Size of a Chaffinch
PX 125 "The Bruise" (SOLD)
Joined: 30 Mar 2006
Posts: 5544
Location: London
Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:22 pm quote
For the first time in my life, I've written to complain and ask for an explanation from Armadillo - there is no way that these gloves are suitable for purpose if they melt with on brief contact with an exhaust.

For the cost of these gloves is £48, and that is a lot of money for something that doesn't do the job.
Addicted
GTS250 Super
Joined: 08 Jun 2008
Posts: 800
Location: Nashville, TN
Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:30 pm quote
This is rather dismaying. You are right to contact the company, Wonder Machine.
Molto Verboso
Blue 70th anniversary Vespa GTS 300
Joined: 02 Jul 2008
Posts: 1305
Location: Leeds, Yorkshire, England
Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:40 pm quote
Wonder Machine wrote:
For the first time in my life, I've written to complain and ask for an explanation from Armadillo - there is no way that these gloves are suitable for purpose if they melt with on brief contact with an exhaust.

For the cost of these gloves is £48, and that is a lot of money for something that doesn't do the job.
Best of luck but they may well turn round and say that you shouldn't have touched a hot exhaust with them so tough luck( but writtten more diplomatically)
Wiki Moderator
LX 190, Aurora Blue + Stella FOUR STROKE FURY! + '87 Helix
Joined: 11 Apr 2006
Posts: 6916
Location: Los Angeles
Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:53 pm quote
A local shop recently started carrying Armadillo and I was hoping to check it out, especially after reading what Bradford had to say about the gear in the quoted post above.

If only Corazzo would come out with a parka this year… Bradford?
Banned
Joined: 24 Oct 2007
Posts: 6035

Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:17 pm quote
Andrea wrote:
On the other hand, trying to get some scooter riders to even consider buying protective gear is almost impossible because of the way much motorcycle and scooter gear looks bulky.

Anything that offer some protection whilst still making these naive riders look a bit stylish is OK in my book.

Remember the story I told you about the girl in a baby doll dress, and her BF in a builders hat that came riding in?

No way I could get them to buy a Corazzo, but they'll like the Armadillo.

Andrea
Yup, that's a great point!
Even getting them to wear jeans is a victory

Still, speaking from my early experience as a "frequent crasher"
there's gear out there that is not only unfashionable, but also fails to protect

It's a shame that no independent organization tests the gear,
like they do for the helmets
Banned
2002 Bajaj Legend
Joined: 14 Mar 2008
Posts: 413
Location: Portland, OR
Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:19 pm quote
ericalm wrote:
A local shop recently started carrying Armadillo and I was hoping to check it out, especially after reading what Bradford had to say about the gear in the quoted post above.

If only Corazzo would come out with a parka this year… Bradford?
They are. I've seen the prototype and it's great. Definitely a winner.
Wiki Moderator
LX 190, Aurora Blue + Stella FOUR STROKE FURY! + '87 Helix
Joined: 11 Apr 2006
Posts: 6916
Location: Los Angeles
Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:22 pm quote
MJ wrote:
ericalm wrote:
A local shop recently started carrying Armadillo and I was hoping to check it out, especially after reading what Bradford had to say about the gear in the quoted post above.

If only Corazzo would come out with a parka this year… Bradford?
They are. I've seen the prototype and it's great. Definitely a winner.
Shhh, it's a secret!

Bradford or Chad had hinted about it many months ago. I'll be ready for one soon.
Banned
2002 Bajaj Legend
Joined: 14 Mar 2008
Posts: 413
Location: Portland, OR
Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:22 pm quote
ericalm wrote:
MJ wrote:
ericalm wrote:
A local shop recently started carrying Armadillo and I was hoping to check it out, especially after reading what Bradford had to say about the gear in the quoted post above.

If only Corazzo would come out with a parka this year… Bradford?
They are. I've seen the prototype and it's great. Definitely a winner.
Shhh, it's a secret!

Bradford or Chad had hinted about it many months ago. I'll be ready for one soon.
Err, it hasn't been a secret for quite awhile.
Ossessionato
fluffy bunny
Joined: 17 Oct 2006
Posts: 2099
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:24 pm quote
Bugger. I've just ordered an Armadillo parka. Although if the order remains unfilled (it's been more than a fortnight so far and the order is still processing) maybe I might cancel.

I'm dealing with an American supplier at this point becasue Armadillo themselves refused to budge on express air courier - $100 to get the thing posted.
Wiki Moderator
LX 190, Aurora Blue + Stella FOUR STROKE FURY! + '87 Helix
Joined: 11 Apr 2006
Posts: 6916
Location: Los Angeles
Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:06 pm quote
MJ wrote:
ericalm wrote:
MJ wrote:
ericalm wrote:
A local shop recently started carrying Armadillo and I was hoping to check it out, especially after reading what Bradford had to say about the gear in the quoted post above.

If only Corazzo would come out with a parka this year… Bradford?
They are. I've seen the prototype and it's great. Definitely a winner.
Shhh, it's a secret!

Bradford or Chad had hinted about it many months ago. I'll be ready for one soon.
Err, it hasn't been a secret for quite awhile.
Yeah, I was just kidding about that part.
Banned
Joined: 24 Oct 2007
Posts: 6035

Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:29 pm quote
Scooterrific wrote:
Bugger. I've just ordered an Armadillo parka. Although if the order remains unfilled (it's been more than a fortnight so far and the order is still processing) maybe I might cancel.
It's probably not a good idea to write off the whole brand because of the gloves

But if the Armadillo people have tested the protective properties of their products,
now would be an excellent time to mention it
Gobshite Shiva
Kymco Downtown 300i the 'Dolphin Noise'
Joined: 16 Mar 2007
Posts: 14960
Location: London UK
Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:22 am quote
i bought a pair of armadillo overpants last winter and they are going on ebay as soon as the weather gets a little colder. i had a few problems with the design and construction of these pants:

1. the feeble construction of the armour pockets - as somebody noted above, there is not much point having armour if the pocket is going to disintegrate in a 10-foot slide down the pavement

2. the totally useless design and position of the knee armour. the overpants are designed to look like snowboarding trousers, which looks cool, but means that the knee armour is a total waste of time as the legs don't fit tightly enough to keep it in place. in addition, it was placed too high on the leg and rode up to mid-thigh when i sat down on the scooter. finally, the d3o armour is a flat piece which doesn't cup the knee joint so it's basically like a big piece of cardboard flapping around in front of your knee.

caveat emptor is right - my fault for being in a hurry when i bought them and being swayed by the fact that they didn't make me look like a dispatch rider - but i'm now going with a pair of extremely goofy-looking but properly made alpinestars trousers this winter.
Molto Verboso
Shirley Mary the White Vespa ET2 2001; Velma, the Red Vespa LX125 2008
Joined: 28 Oct 2007
Posts: 1062
Location: London, UK
Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:40 am quote
I'm glad I'm not alone in thinking they're rubbish
I had long rants about them in all other threads where they are mentioned.
I'm most disappointed because BY LORD do I want nice looking protective gear!

I said this before as well, sounds to me like 2 clever marketing guys who forgot to hire a decent product developer.

The guy at Urban Rider (Will) is friends with them and said they are very passionate about their armour.
THe armour is rubbish, it rips and has been shown I think by the Corazzo dude in another thread.
The positioning as genie said is sh*te as well, and it would move about in the event of a fall.

the main one I simply CANNOT GET OVER though is the miss on the back armour????????????
Really genuinely don't get that... I would buy that sodding mac despite all this if it had anything at all on the back, I mean my Tucano jackets have a thin rather small foam at the back but it's better than NOTHING at all

just rubbish is all I can say. they are very pretentious as well considering they missed so many VERY IMPORTANT details...
Tucano Urbano on this respect is better because it doesn't make a fuss about their stuff like ARmadillo did, very reasonably priced, which to me says "honesty", good make up, ok - not as protective as Dainese, Spidi, etc but much cheaper and casual looking, does the small jobs..

who wants to be my partner and we'll start the new Bike Couture brand to take over the world??????????
ehehehe
I demand 40 days holidays though and 6 figures salary.
Size of a Chaffinch
PX 125 "The Bruise" (SOLD)
Joined: 30 Mar 2006
Posts: 5544
Location: London
Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:04 am quote
Right, they responded today and asked for the gloves back.

They are sending me a pair of these as a replacement, free of charge:

http://armadilloscooterwear.com/products/view/summer-glove/

So, the moral is, whinge for better service. I have no idea whether these are better, but at least they have some concept of customer service (or my latent lawyer nastiness).

We shall see.
Molto Verboso
Blue 70th anniversary Vespa GTS 300
Joined: 02 Jul 2008
Posts: 1305
Location: Leeds, Yorkshire, England
Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:06 am quote
Well done! Hope the new ones last longer, and keep them away from the dexhaust pipe!!!
Size of a Chaffinch
PX 125 "The Bruise" (SOLD)
Joined: 30 Mar 2006
Posts: 5544
Location: London
Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:47 am quote
Further news - my dealer is dropping all Armadillo clothing. Says there are no end of complaints about quality and protectiveness.
Wiki Moderator
LX 190, Aurora Blue + Stella FOUR STROKE FURY! + '87 Helix
Joined: 11 Apr 2006
Posts: 6916
Location: Los Angeles
Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:51 pm quote
Wonder Machine wrote:
Further news - my dealer is dropping all Armadillo clothing. Says there are no end of complaints about quality and protectiveness.
Yikes, well that's certainly not good.

I've had similar concerns (though no first-hand accounts) about Tucano Urbano. Anyone have experience with those? Of course, there's no US distributor for Tucano but people are willing to pay out the nose for stuff based on their crummy web pics.
Gobshite Shiva
Kymco Downtown 300i the 'Dolphin Noise'
Joined: 16 Mar 2007
Posts: 14960
Location: London UK
Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:08 pm quote
ericalm wrote:
Wonder Machine wrote:
Further news - my dealer is dropping all Armadillo clothing. Says there are no end of complaints about quality and protectiveness.
Yikes, well that's certainly not good.

I've had similar concerns (though no first-hand accounts) about Tucano Urbano. Anyone have experience with those? Of course, there's no US distributor for Tucano but people are willing to pay out the nose for stuff based on their crummy web pics.
tucano's stuff is waaaay better built than the armadillo gear. i'd hesitate to wear some of tucano's lighter stuff for highway riding, but i never feel that it would be totally useless in a crash the way i do with the armadillo overtrousers. their armour fits better, materials are sturdier, everything is generally more substantial than the armadillo stuff i've seen.

on the other hand, WM did have a tucano overcoat come apart in a crash, but i think it offered at least some protection (did it?). i don't imagine my tucano mesh jacket would withstand a high-speed slide down the pavement, and i'll usually wear my richa or my corazzo for higher speed riding, but i'm confident that it will offer moderate protection in spills at commuting and pootling speeds.

Last edited by genie on Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Wiki Moderator
LX 190, Aurora Blue + Stella FOUR STROKE FURY! + '87 Helix
Joined: 11 Apr 2006
Posts: 6916
Location: Los Angeles
Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:24 pm quote
genie wrote:
i don't imagine my tucano mesh jacket would withstand a high-speed slide down the pavement …
I don't imagine any mesh jacket would.

Thanks for the TU feedback.
Addicted
2005 PX150 Limited Edition
Joined: 14 Aug 2006
Posts: 975
Location: Not where I want to be!
Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:35 pm quote
ericalm wrote:
MJ wrote:
ericalm wrote:
A local shop recently started carrying Armadillo and I was hoping to check it out, especially after reading what Bradford had to say about the gear in the quoted post above.

If only Corazzo would come out with a parka this year… Bradford?
They are. I've seen the prototype and it's great. Definitely a winner.
Shhh, it's a secret!

Bradford or Chad had hinted about it many months ago. I'll be ready for one soon.
Great! now if only they'd make them to fit talls!

jacqui
Ossessionato
fluffy bunny
Joined: 17 Oct 2006
Posts: 2099
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:08 pm quote
I was able to cancel my order. I was unhappy with response time and communication anyway, but this thread sealed the deal.

I'll wait to see the Corazzo.
Ossessionato
2005 GT 200L Grigio_Smoky a.k.a. "Il Grande Lebowski"
Joined: 20 Mar 2008
Posts: 3028
Location: B'game, CA
Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:12 am quote
jacqui wrote:
Great! now if only they'd make them to fit talls!
Yes, please! The riding gear market for tall women is completely underserved. With the general population getting taller on average, you'd think someone out there would come up with a line for women at or over, say, 5'9"/5'10". Not only are the jackets all too short, but most riding pants are a joke when a "long" inseam is 32", which for me at least is already too short when I'm standing and becomes ridiculous once I get on the scooter.
Hooked
Piaggio LT150
Joined: 16 Jun 2007
Posts: 237
Location: Seattle, WA
Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:20 am quote
What I would like to know is if that Mac jacket of theirs would function well as a warm coat in the wintertime. It has some armor there, so I would imagine it would give me more protection than a jacket and a parka over it that is lacking armor. And it is longer, so it will cover my legs far better than a short short corazzo jacket ever could, so I can keep my butt dry in the rain at least. It looks very functional from a cold weather standpoint, even if the armor inside of it isn't the best in the world.
Size of a Chaffinch
PX 125 "The Bruise" (SOLD)
Joined: 30 Mar 2006
Posts: 5544
Location: London
Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:22 am quote
QuipMC wrote:
jacqui wrote:
Great! now if only they'd make them to fit talls!
Yes, please! The riding gear market for tall women is completely underserved. With the general population getting taller on average, you'd think someone out there would come up with a line for women at or over, say, 5'9"/5'10". Not only are the jackets all too short, but most riding pants are a joke when a "long" inseam is 32", which for me at least is already too short when I'm standing and becomes ridiculous once I get on the scooter.
As a lanky bird I can recommend Tucano Urbano's Bora jacket (cut long) and also their Parka which is great for the long of body and avoids the Britney effect...





They are protective for urban riding, but I wear their leathers for out of town.
Ossessionato
2005 GT 200L Grigio_Smoky a.k.a. "Il Grande Lebowski"
Joined: 20 Mar 2008
Posts: 3028
Location: B'game, CA
Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:31 am quote
But for those of us in the U.S., Tucano is...pretty much the impossible dream!
Banned
Joined: 24 Oct 2007
Posts: 6035

Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:35 am quote
baumer wrote:
What I would like to know is if that Mac jacket of theirs would function well as a warm coat in the wintertime. It has some armor there, so I would imagine it would give me more protection than a jacket and a parka over it that is lacking armor. And it is longer, so it will cover my legs far better than a short short corazzo jacket ever could, so I can keep my butt dry in the rain at least. It looks very functional from a cold weather standpoint, even if the armor inside of it isn't the best in the world.
Or you could get a FirstGear Denali Textile Jacket, on closeout now from NewEnough
at: http://www.newenough.com/closeouts/textile_jackets_and_pants/first_gear/denali_textile_motorcycle_jacket.html


Not as stylish, but far better designed to keep you warm, dry and safe while you're riding

And if you aren't worried about armor, over-sized rain pants over your regular ones will work far better on your legs than a floppy long jacket
Size of a Chaffinch
PX 125 "The Bruise" (SOLD)
Joined: 30 Mar 2006
Posts: 5544
Location: London
Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:39 am quote
QuipMC wrote:
But for those of us in the U.S., Tucano is...pretty much the impossible dream!
www.wheelup.it

Tis' your friend, fellow long legger.
Hooked
Piaggio LT150
Joined: 16 Jun 2007
Posts: 237
Location: Seattle, WA
Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:52 am quote
L from Jersey wrote:
baumer wrote:
What I would like to know is if that Mac jacket of theirs would function well as a warm coat in the wintertime. It has some armor there, so I would imagine it would give me more protection than a jacket and a parka over it that is lacking armor. And it is longer, so it will cover my legs far better than a short short corazzo jacket ever could, so I can keep my butt dry in the rain at least. It looks very functional from a cold weather standpoint, even if the armor inside of it isn't the best in the world.
Or you could get a FirstGear Denali Textile Jacket, on closeout now from NewEnough
at: http://www.newenough.com/closeouts/textile_jackets_and_pants/first_gear/denali_textile_motorcycle_jacket.html


Not as stylish, but far better designed to keep you warm, dry and safe while you're riding

And if you aren't worried about armor, over-sized rain pants over your regular ones will work far better on your legs than a floppy long jacket
Yeah I have thought about the oversized rain pants. I wear blazers a lot, so having a true outercoat that will go on over the blazer is what really appeals to me about that mac jacket.
Banned
Joined: 24 Oct 2007
Posts: 6035

Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:11 am quote
baumer wrote:
Yeah I have thought about the oversized rain pants. I wear blazers a lot, so having a true outercoat that will go on over the blazer is what really appeals to me about that mac jacket.
I don't know if you've done the winter commuting thing before,
but my experience is that a blazer under my winter commuting outfit is far more likely to get wrinkled, etc.
than a blazer that's been folded and placed in a plastic grocery bag inside my topcase

And I know there are many others with opinions on this sort of thing
Guys?
Hooked
Piaggio LT150
Joined: 16 Jun 2007
Posts: 237
Location: Seattle, WA
Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:21 am quote
L from Jersey wrote:
I don't know if you've done the winter commuting thing before,
but my experience is that a blazer under my winter commuting outfit is far more likely to get wrinkled, etc.
than a blazer that's been folded and placed in a plastic grocery bag inside my topcase
My blazers never get wrinkled underneath my winter commuting outfits. they will get bunched up, but i have never had a wrinkle stay because of it.
Banned
Joined: 24 Oct 2007
Posts: 6035

Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:31 am quote
baumer wrote:
L from Jersey wrote:
I don't know if you've done the winter commuting thing before,
but my experience is that a blazer under my winter commuting outfit is far more likely to get wrinkled, etc.
than a blazer that's been folded and placed in a plastic grocery bag inside my topcase
My blazers never get wrinkled underneath my winter commuting outfits. they will get bunched up, but i have never had a wrinkle stay because of it.
Sounds like you have a good system there,
so I'll stop embarrassing myself by trying to give (well-meaning) advice to those with more experience


Last edited by TurtleGT on Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Hooked
Piaggio LT150
Joined: 16 Jun 2007
Posts: 237
Location: Seattle, WA
Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:48 am quote
L from Jersey wrote:
baumer wrote:
L from Jersey wrote:
I don't know if you've done the winter commuting thing before,
but my experience is that a blazer under my winter commuting outfit is far more likely to get wrinkled, etc.
than a blazer that's been folded and placed in a plastic grocery bag inside my topcase
My blazers never get wrinkled underneath my winter commuting outfits. they will get bunched up, but i have never had a wrinkle stay because of it.
Sounds like you have a good system there,
so I'll stop embarrassing myself by trying to give (well-meaning) advice those with more experience
I have a system, but I don't think it is that good of a system or else I wouldn't be asking questions about the Armadillio Mac Jacket. I am always looking for improvements. I generally don't have the space in my pet carrier (no topcase for me) to put one of my blazers in when it is loaded with everything else i would generally need to carry in it. And the less extra specific add-ons such as a full on riding suit that I would have to wear and find a place to store, the more that allows me to wear what I would normally wear around riding, the better. A Corazzo jacket doesn't really go well with a nice suit, y'know.
Banned
Joined: 24 Oct 2007
Posts: 6035

Sun Sep 14, 2008 12:16 pm quote
baumer wrote:
I have a system, but I don't think it is that good of a system or else I wouldn't be asking questions about the Armadillio Mac Jacket. I am always looking for improvements. I generally don't have the space in my pet carrier (no topcase for me) to put one of my blazers in when it is loaded with everything else i would generally need to carry in it. And the less extra specific add-ons such as a full on riding suit that I would have to wear and find a place to store, the more that allows me to wear what I would normally wear around riding, the better. A Corazzo jacket doesn't really go well with a nice suit, y'know.
Wow! I looked around and I do see the problem

Dianese has some new jackets that look like they would work,
but they are very steep

This is an example: http://www.kneedraggers.com/details/Dainese_Continental_Evo_GoreTex_Jacket--614167.html
Gobshite Shiva
Kymco Downtown 300i the 'Dolphin Noise'
Joined: 16 Mar 2007
Posts: 14960
Location: London UK
Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:02 pm quote
L from Jersey wrote:
baumer wrote:
L from Jersey wrote:
I don't know if you've done the winter commuting thing before,
but my experience is that a blazer under my winter commuting outfit is far more likely to get wrinkled, etc.
than a blazer that's been folded and placed in a plastic grocery bag inside my topcase
My blazers never get wrinkled underneath my winter commuting outfits. they will get bunched up, but i have never had a wrinkle stay because of it.
Sounds like you have a good system there,
so I'll stop embarrassing myself by trying to give (well-meaning) advice to those with more experience
i've given up on wearing my work outfits under my winter scooter wear because i kept turning up looking like i'd slept in my clothes - mind you i do wear a lot of strangely shaped items with big sleeves, and lots of layers (hmm, sounding a bit like stevie nicks here....), and of course skirts are out of the question under riding gear - so everything goes in the top box and i dress at work.
Team Scooter Trash for Petfinder Foundation   vespa scooterwest scooter west Motorsport Scooters   Yelcome Leather Top Cases and Roll Bags for Piaggio Vespa PX LX LXV GTS GTV
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion 12Next
[ Time: 0.1621s ][ Queries: 25 (0.0395s) ][ Debug on ]