Enthusiast
@alex4747 avatar
MP3 500 Black
UTC quote
To: Airwolf1
Posted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:12 am
Subject: Re: Need help with piaggio tom tom mounting kit
Airwolf1 wrote:
Hello, i just picked up my wifes and I piaggio mounting kit for the rider 2. The instructions that came with it are garbage. Do you have and pics of how to mount it and where to connect the harness to. What do I need to remove to connect the harness? Thanks

Is it for an MP3 400 or 500? Either way you need to get to a harness plug that is just below the ignition on the inside. You will need to figure out what to remove to get there. On the MP500 you just remove the right-side panels and on the 400 you need to remove more parts. Try to reach it from undeneath the wheel and you might be able to feel it. You need to disconnect it, plug the harness and then plug the remaining side to it easy once you find it.
@airwolf1 avatar
UTC

Enthusiast
MP3400ie

Enthusiast
@airwolf1 avatar
MP3400ie
UTC quote
Wow, I didn't know it was goingto be that hard. I have heard nothing but bad stories about removing the knee panel. I have the 400, I have the both harnesses. i will use the piaggio for easy connection. P.S The black metal plate that from Piaggio will not fit the Rider 2. The screw holes were to small, I had to drill them open. Have you ever removed a knee panel?
How hard is it truely?
OP
@alex4747 avatar
UTC

Enthusiast
MP3 500 Black

Enthusiast
@alex4747 avatar
MP3 500 Black
UTC quote
No but on the 400 here is what you need to do...
remove front windscreen and screws around it, plastic around handlebars, then screws around reservoir. Keep trying to find your way to the access right around the ignition (inside). It's not hard to do at all, just need to play with parts to get to that location. Then it's plug n' play.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0380s ][ Queries: 6 (0.0146s) ][ Debug on ][ 313 ][ Thing One ]