OP
@wangta avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
'10 GTS 300 Super, '79 Vespa P200E, '04 Vespa PX200, 2011 SportCity 300 Cube [Sold]

Ossessionato
@wangta avatar
'10 GTS 300 Super, '79 Vespa P200E, '04 Vespa PX200, 2011 SportCity 300 Cube [Sold]
UTC quote
Anybody know what kind of saddle bags and topbag these are?

External inline image provided by member with no explanatory text

David is using them on the Cannonball - they look very handy.
@mandarinia avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
LX150

Molto Verboso
@mandarinia avatar
LX150
UTC quote
Re: Scooter Saddle Bags and Luggage
Wangta01 wrote:
Anybody know what kind of saddle bags and topbag these are?

David is using them on the Cannonball - they look very handy.
They look like they're branded Givi from way back here. I hope s/he's got something to protect the sides from abrasion.
OP
@wangta avatar
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
@wangta avatar
UTC quote
Huh, good point about the abrasion. Maybe the back of the GIVI cases are soft? Wondering if a pair of chrome side bars would eliminate them from restinga gains the paint.
UTC

Hooked
2007 GTS250ie Silver, 2008 Vespa S White (deceased)

Hooked
UTC quote
The saddlebags are definitely Givi, I have them in my dealership. The inside lining where the bag meets the scooter is rubber so as not to scratch. I would not want them attached away from the body with a crash bar because the air passing through the small gap could cause a lot of friction and vibration. They are designed to held close and tight to the body so as to cut down wind resistance. They are big too!
OP
@wangta avatar
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
@wangta avatar
UTC quote
Beveridge wrote:
The saddlebags are definitely Givi, I have them in my dealership. The inside lining where the bag meets the scooter is rubber so as not to scratch. I would not want them attached away from the body with a crash bar because the air passing through the small gap could cause a lot of friction and vibration. They are designed to held close and tight to the body so as to cut down wind resistance. They are big too!
Whats the price on them?
UTC

Hooked

Hooked
UTC quote
We sell them for $300... they are very well made and have loads of storage. Three straps for going under the seat and then two straps for each side that clip somewhere on the bottom side of the cowl. They also come with rain covers and have a bunch of pockets.
@ritchj avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
One of each

Ossessionato
@ritchj avatar
One of each
UTC quote
I have the mid-size ones from Givi and they're great.
UTC

Hooked

Hooked
UTC quote
whose scooter is that in the picture? i love the fender crest. i've been wanting a cooler looking one for a while but i dont know where i can find one that will match the curve of the fender and go on easily.
@2011super avatar
UTC

Banned
2021 GTS 300 Touring

Banned
@2011super avatar
2021 GTS 300 Touring
UTC quote
For the rear seat bag I would only get a small Motofizz from Aerostich. I have a large and I really want to get a small and medium too. The small is perfect for the Vespa and the Medium and Large are great for longer trips on the FJR depending on how long you are going to be gone. They are very well made and would take up 8 inches of your seat but they are not cheap at $127! Small (8"x12"x16")

I looked at the photo above again and it looks like the bag he is using takes up around 12 inches of space which is the size you would need for the medium Motofizz bag. Medium (12" x 12" x 19") Keep in mind these are designed from the ground up to be on the back of your scooter or motorcycle. They zip from the sides so it is easy to get to stuff and have many staps built in not to mention a back rest to lean on for back support. Good luck.

I use the top portion to put a camelback bladder in so I am hydrated for long trips.

@ks7877 avatar
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
@ks7877 avatar
UTC quote
Beveridge wrote:
We sell them for $300... they are very well made and have loads of storage. Three straps for going under the seat and then two straps for each side that clip somewhere on the bottom side of the cowl. They also come with rain covers and have a bunch of pockets.
?????
Those Givi saddlebags look a lot like mine. Model #T427 "Scooter specific throw over pannier semi-rigid" (per Givi website). They have the three under-seat straps, bungees to attach underneath somewhere (didn't use those). They have rain covers but not "a bunch of pockets."
Motorsport Scooters sells the pair for $159.
Hope you find some that work for you.
@quig avatar
UTC

Hooked
black GTS250 and Suzuki V-Strom

Hooked
@quig avatar
black GTS250 and Suzuki V-Strom
UTC quote
The bags are the Givi 435; $140 at Scootertrap.com (no shipping charge). Link: http://www.scootertrap.com/universalshopping.htm

I bought a pair. They fit great on both my GTS and my Scarabeo 500. I bought a sheet of thick clear vinyl from a plastic store to protect against abrasion. I just laid it across the scooter with the seat open, the laid the saddlebags over it and trimmed to fit. It only cost me a couple of bucks.

About carrying a Camelbak bladder: There is an even easier way to carry one. It fits inside the back of some motorcycle jackets, like my First Gear Kilimanjaro. There is a grommet in the front for the tube to come out. Very handy.
@ks7877 avatar
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
@ks7877 avatar
UTC quote
Hmmm. Something funny on the scootertrap.com site. Scootertrap lists the saddlebags as T435 and lists the tunnelbag as T427. Givi site (and Motorsport Scooters) says the opposite - T427 is the saddlebag pair and T435 is the tunnel bag.
I guess the moral of the story is to be careful when ordering.
UTC

Hooked

Hooked
UTC quote
I guess the Givi distributor in the US is cheaper than here in Canada. Those are some good prices. Must be due to the higher demand and so more product comes in a cheaper price for each individual piece. I like the idea of the plastic sheeting to protest against abrasion. I haven't had a customer use them for any major trips yet so I don't know how fast the paint could wear with these. What might be good is to use those vinyl stickers that do not use clue. Maybe get a clear one in the shape of the cowl.
@2011super avatar
UTC

Banned
2021 GTS 300 Touring

Banned
@2011super avatar
2021 GTS 300 Touring
UTC quote
Quig wrote:
About carrying a Camelbak bladder: There is an even easier way to carry one. It fits inside the back of some motorcycle jackets, like my First Gear Kilimanjaro. There is a grommet in the front for the tube to come out. Very handy.
I own a Kilimanjaro and never knew it was there. I will check it out. Thanks.
@chetwynder avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
Baart-less

Ossessionato
@chetwynder avatar
Baart-less
UTC quote
Beveridge wrote:
I like the idea of the plastic sheeting to protest against abrasion. I haven't had a customer use them for any major trips yet so I don't know how fast the paint could wear with these. What might be good is to use those vinyl stickers that do not use clue. Maybe get a clear one in the shape of the cowl.
Personally I would use something like 3M vinyl paint protection sheets. Available where ever they do window tinting. Stays on as long as you want it to, is virtually invisible and wears like iron - it's made to take the abuse from rocks etc on car hoods and rocker panels.

http://www.invisiblemask.com/overview.html

Dave
@santiago avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
Vespa GTS

Ossessionato
@santiago avatar
Vespa GTS
UTC quote
ks7877 wrote:
Hmmm. Something funny on the scootertrap.com site. Scootertrap lists the saddlebags as T435 and lists the tunnelbag as T427. Givi site (and Motorsport Scooters) says the opposite - T427 is the saddlebag pair and T435 is the tunnel bag.
I guess the moral of the story is to be careful when ordering.
I just called and the pictures are reversed. The 427s are the saddlebags at $140.00 The 437s are the tunnel bag.

This is a good deal since it includes shipping.
⬆️    About 4 months elapsed    ⬇️
UTC

2008 Vespa S 150

2008 Vespa S 150
UTC quote
Does anyone know if those would fit the S 150? If not, do you know of any saddlebags that would?
UTC

UTC
This post was not quite
What we were hoping to see
Try again, perhaps?
UTC

Hooked
2019 VESPA SPRINT 150

Hooked
2019 VESPA SPRINT 150
UTC quote
JohnC If you want to go to the for sale forum and look up my et4 "FS ET4 AZ" (still on the 1st page), you'll see a pair of givi T405 on the et. Smaller, should fit your scooter with lots f pockets and expandable.
UTC

2008 Vespa S 150

2008 Vespa S 150
UTC quote
Thanks, Joel. I think I'll order those bags this week.
UTC

Enthusiast
GT 200

Enthusiast
GT 200
UTC quote
Suggestion
I have been using the Marsee Cruiser Bar Bag on my GT200. It provides an excellent backrest and tons of storage. I used it as my only luggage on a nine day trip last year, and although I had to pack light, I had more than enough for my trip with a little motel-room sink laundry on day four. It mounts on the seat, and allows gassing up without removing it. It easily converts to a backpack when you take it off, and comes with reflective stripes and a shiny silver rain cover.

The product link is here:

http://www.racerpartswholesale.com/product/MarseeProductsCruiserBarBag/MarseeRearMountedLuggage2

And it looks like this on the GT:
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
@lifer avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
Black Molly - GTS 300

Molto Verboso
@lifer avatar
Black Molly - GTS 300
UTC quote
Have you ever thought about getting a station wagon?
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0290s ][ Queries: 4 (0.0049s) ][ Debug on ][ 313 ][ Thing One ]