Glove Squeegee?
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion
Ossessionato
None! I sold it :(
Tue Nov 22, 2005 4:23 pm quote
So rode to work this AM in the rain, not too cold but was wondering about these http://www.metroscoot.com/customer/product.php?productid=16158&cat=344&page=1 has anybody ever used this or similar? If so do they work, or just keep using the palm of my glove hand (smeers), or how about rain-x? thanks in advance, Beale.
Addicted
GTS250 "Atomic Blast", GT200 Blue and White "Alfie", SQREAM Scooter Club
Tue Nov 22, 2005 4:40 pm quote
Great idea. I got stuck in little snow squall driving home the other night and was using my glove to keep my face shield clear. I like the idea a lot.

Gives me an idea for making your own version. Just get a windshield wiper, cut it down to finger length. Use a strong adhesive (E-6000 or similar) and attach a piece of velcro. Viola! You just saved yourself 12.95 plus shipping.

I think I will make one and give it a try.

I use Rain-X with Anti-Fog on my faceshield. Keeps away the fog. For rain/snow, it just helps the water bead up and roll off. You still have visibility problems with the beads of water.
2005 ET4 & 2016 Primavera 150
Tue Nov 22, 2005 6:45 pm quote
I had one of those for awhile (although not the one from Metro Scoot), but it fell off my finger one day while I was riding. Seems the finger bending required to brake and manage switches caused it slide loose.

I think a better solution is the Aerostich Elfskin Roper gloves with the squeegee sewn in. Here is the link:

http://www.aerostich.com/home.php?cat=301&sort=orderby&sort_direction=0&page=1

For $37, I think these are outstanding riding gloves (although not for longer rides in really cold weather).

Barron
Modératrice
2005 Cobalt Blue ET4
Tue Nov 22, 2005 7:25 pm quote
The Joe Rocket gloves I got at www.newenough.com also have a squeegee built into the L thumb. also, any ski shop will have something similar made for clearing ski goggles, for $2-3.
Hooked
Vespa GTS Super 300ie
Tue Nov 22, 2005 9:17 pm quote
I got one of the metroscoot squeegies, but it's been sunny since I got it: so in my opinion it works GREAT!

Actually it is much larger than my ski mask squeegie, so it is superior in that respect. i put it away for a rainy day (literally) in the glove compartment.

I'll give an update once I actually use it.
Modératrice
2005 Cobalt Blue ET4
Tue Nov 22, 2005 9:27 pm quote
larrydj wrote:
I got one of the metroscoot squeegies, but it's been sunny since I got it: so in my opinion it works GREAT!

Actually it is much larger than my ski mask squeegie, so it is superior in that respect. i put it away for a rainy day (literally) in the glove compartment.

I'll give an update once I actually use it.
Larry, from the looks of your sig pic, you may be able to use it to wipe away some morning coastal mist...
Hooked
Vespa GTS Super 300ie
Mon Nov 28, 2005 9:16 pm quote
Quote:
Larry, from the looks of your sig pic, you may be able to use it to wipe away some morning coastal mist...
Yes, from time to time, that's true, but I haven't had it enough to even do that! However, I did get a chance tonight to try it out in a real rainstorm. It beat the wet glove technique hands down. Pun intended.

For a while a few drops weren't removed, and I was disappointed. Then I realized that the drops were on the inside of the shield. The outside was perfect, so I was pleased. The inside drops were probably from having the shield partially open from time to time to load the scooter, and then at stops to stop fogging.

Larry
Tue Nov 29, 2005 8:32 am quote
I have the Aerostitch Ropers with the built in squeegee, too. Works well in the rain, certainly a lot better than a glove without the squeegee.

These are great gloves, but as mentioned before, not warm enough for long cold weather rides.

I used the sizing chart that comes with the Aerostitch catalog, and when I first received the gloves they were a bit tight and the seam where the squeegee is sewn in was riding against my thumb...very annoying. But, as the gloves become broken in, the fit become perfect and I don't even notice the squeegee anymore.
Addicted
Vespa LX150 (Diamondwhite baby!) 2003 suzuki Savage 650 (Thumper)
Tue Nov 29, 2005 9:25 am quote
I have my snowboarding gloves that work wonders on my goggles and on my shield, its not too big, but with some rain x it seems to work pretty good.
Your Rally Here   Vespa Wasp Pin Badges   Cool Ass scooter seat cover
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion
[ Time: 0.2329s ][ Queries: 23 (0.0323s) ][ Debug on ]