OP
UTC

1974 Vespa Primavera 125

1974 Vespa Primavera 125
UTC quote
Hello again,
I am hoping to enlist your knowledge on these two postings in my area. One is a revamped, repainted, redone 1965 Vespa. My concern would be that it sounds too good to be true for the price. It doesn't look like Viet-bodge to me, but you guys are the experts. This is the black one.
The second is a more original looking 1974. This is the blue one.
So, my question is, they are both up for $2000. Would the 1974 be worth it in the condition it's in, and would the 1965, which is obviously worth it be maybe too good to be true and a scam?
Thanks again for all your help.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm adding this too, this is the info posted with the black, 1965 bike. I was concerned by how new everything is for the price, and also the curious English spelling of tyre, when I live in the U.S.

I appreciate any input you guys have.

The Engine has been stripped down and rebuilt with all new componants giving the bike another lifetime of reliable driving, including the cylinder head, rings, seals and psiton.The scooter comes with all paperwork and manuals ready for easy transferral of names and registration.The scooter also comes with a 3 month warrantee.

A List of just some of the new components:

New Cylinder head - New Piston - New rings - New Carburetor - New Transmission (4 speed manual hand shift) - New installation of all wiring with all New12V electrical components - New Steering head bushes and bearings - New front and back suspension - New Rubber hoses, seals and trimmings - New head and rear lights with new bulbs - New Speedometer - New floor runners & rubber floor mat - New sports stainless steel exhaust system - New stainless steel bacl folding luggage rack - New Stainless steel spare wheel holder - New seating upholstery mounted on twin saddle - New custom made padded back rest - 3 x New White wall tyre's with New inner tubes on 10" wheels - New chrome plated Rims and hubcaps - New spare tyre cover - New anti theft ignition mounted below the seat. All the chrome trimming and stainless steel components are machine polished and mounted back on the bike, everything kept solidly original with a new chrome plated gas cap.

Paintwork

Baked on painting process hardened and cured in a specially designed oven.(paint cured in this manner has been proven to last longer and provide a more durable resistance to the elements) Industrial strength Automotive ICI primer and paint provides corrosion resistance and insulation against rust.(people residing near the sea need not worry) Finished with several high gloss coats.

Extras

In the glove box compartment you will find a set of new spare clutch and brake cables,

spare spark plug and also a full water proof Cover for the Vespa.In the side compartment you will find the scooter's maintanence Manual.
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
@urchin avatar
UTC

Stella, Rally 200

@urchin avatar
Stella, Rally 200
UTC quote
The black one is bodge. Move this over to the not-so-modern section to get more info on the smallframe. If it's a primavera it might be worth the $$$.
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
UTC quote
The black one looks Viet to me. I would call them to see if they even have a pink slip on that one, but I would stay away from that one all together.

The blue one is OG. Just remember, anytime you are going to buy a vintage Vespa for 2k...you are going to eventually spend just as much to get it to run correctly down the road.

I would save up more dough and buy one that is totally legit and put together correctly.
@tonysmallframe avatar
UTC

Hooked
90ss, et3

Hooked
@tonysmallframe avatar
90ss, et3
UTC quote
The black one is shit. Don't buy.

The blue one is a smallframe. A US market Primavera - not too hard to work on, and decently powered. Smallframes are the best bikes in the world.

Edit - I would pay $1200 tops for that smallframe, but i'm a lowballing bastard.
@rover_eric avatar
UTC

1965 Vespa SS180, 1963 Lambretta LI150

@rover_eric avatar
UTC quote
agree with all

black is definitely Viet ...

blue is a stock paint job Primavera.
@xantufrog avatar
UTC

Moderibbit
1980 P200E - "Old Rusty", 1976 ET3 Primavera

Moderibbit
@xantufrog avatar
1980 P200E - "Old Rusty", 1976 ET3 Primavera
UTC quote
Yeah the Primavera is a nice deal I think. You could always shoot lower, but I don't think that's highway robbery
@rover_eric avatar
UTC

@rover_eric avatar
UTC quote
Can i also say that i LOVE the following :

"
New Cylinder head - New Piston - New rings - New Carburetor - New Transmission (4 speed manual hand shift) - New installation of all wiring with all New12V electrical components - New Steering head bushes and bearings - New front and back suspension - New Rubber hoses, seals and trimmings - New head and rear lights with new bulbs - New Speedometer - New floor runners & rubber floor mat - New sports stainless steel exhaust system - New stainless steel bacl folding luggage rack - New Stainless steel spare wheel holder - New seating upholstery mounted on twin saddle - New custom made padded back rest - 3 x New White wall tyre's with New inner tubes on 10" wheels - New chrome plated Rims and hubcaps - New spare tyre cover - New anti theft ignition mounted below the seat. All the chrome trimming and stainless steel components are machine polished and mounted back on the bike, everything kept solidly original with a new chrome plated gas cap. "

Right. Everything solidly original... except for every single shitty vietnamese part you just mentioned. sigh.
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
UTC quote
I knew you weren't just gonna give a simple comment on the Viet scoot...nice work Eric!
@scootermarc69 avatar
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
@scootermarc69 avatar
UTC quote
sigh- I want the Primivera. $2000 US if titled, running, and NOT rotted or molested is OK, if you got the dough to blow. I might go $1500 myself, but I'd feel dirty.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0670s ][ Queries: 13 (0.0397s) ][ Debug on ][ 313 ][ Thing One ]