Low-Fuel Warning Light
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion
Hooked
BV500
Fri Nov 25, 2005 3:15 pm quote
Out of curiosity....
When you turn the key (but have not started the scooter yet) does anyone have their low-fuel warning light come on?

I am a bit concerned that my light may not work properly. On page 64 of the LX 150 owners manual:
"3: Insert the ignition key and turn it to "ON", the low-fuel warning light will go on for a few seconds indicating that the bulb is working correctly."

Does this actually occur for anyone?
I haven't seen it on my scoot. But I've also never had the low fuel light come on at all. (and I've had it reasonably low... or so I thought)
What should the fuel gauge show when the light comes on??? (1/8, 1/16, or less??)

Since I was out in their neck of the woods today, I stopped by the local vespa shop to ask about the light. They had not heard of the fuel light coming on when the key was turned on.

So I'm not sure if I should beleive the owners manual or the guys at the vespa shop.

Thanks for any input...
Molto Verboso
Fri Nov 25, 2005 4:22 pm quote
Low fuel warning light
I just checked on my 2005 ET4. When I turn the key my "Oil pressure warning light " and "Light indicator" come on only, then the "Oil pressure warning light" goes out. I have had the low fuel light come on but only when I'm down to 0.6 gal of the 2.4 gal tank capacity. This is for an ET4 not an LX but I thought they might be similar.

Tim
Ossessionato
Several - see sig
Sat Nov 26, 2005 6:44 am quote
I just checked my LX150, and the oil and light lamp come on, but not the low fuel. My low fuel light does work, as I've had it on solid for a couple of days each tank.
Molto Verboso
2006 Vespa GTS250ie, 1992 BMW K75
Sat Nov 26, 2005 8:25 am quote
My LX150 works just like Steve's---the oil and lamp light come on but not the low fuel light.

The low fuel light does function though when the gas guage gets down to "E". Starts with flashes until eventually staying on all the time. I have ridden 20 miles with it full on and have not run out of gas. I usually keep the thing about 3/4s full.

steve
Technical Moderator
Consume Less & Share More
Sat Nov 26, 2005 12:18 pm quote
Re: Low-Fuel Warning Light
llitten wrote:
Out of curiosity....
...On page 64 of the LX 150 owners manual:
"3: Insert the ignition key and turn it to "ON", the low-fuel warning light will go on for a few seconds indicating that the bulb is working correctly."...
Before you go nuts believing your Vespa owner's manual, you need to know there are all kinds of errors in it. It's not the kind of errors that occur in translation from one language to another, but the kind you get from a writer receiving incorrect or inaccurate (same thing, really) information from the engineering department. I've read about a dozen or so such fables in each of Vespa's current production owner manuals. Maybe we should have a contest to see how many errors we can identify?
Hooked
BV500
Sun Nov 27, 2005 1:04 pm quote
Thanks so much for your replies. I feel a bit better knowing that everything is normal.
I may have been a bit of a hypochondriac I suppose. (I'm overly protective about my "baby")
Thanks again,
Louisa
Hooked
Vespa LX150
Tue Nov 29, 2005 10:20 am quote
I thought the same about my LX150 and to test the light, I let the gas run down in the tank until the light flickered on. At least you read the maual...RTFM ....most people don't
Missouri Loves Company Rally   vespa scooterwest scooter west Motorsport Scooters   Yelcome Leather Top Cases and Roll Bags for Piaggio Vespa PX LX LXV GTS GTV
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion
[ Time: 0.3738s ][ Queries: 23 (0.0669s) ][ Debug on ]