OP
UTC

Hooked
GTS250, VBB, Heinkel Tourist, Heinkel Cabin Scooter

Hooked
UTC quote
I noticed an anti freeze puddle under my scooter today. It is not leaking from where the hoses connect, it actually looked wet underneath.

I have the service manual and it doesn't really provide much help. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks
@jess avatar
UTC

Petty Tyrant
0:7 And counting

Petty Tyrant
@jess avatar
0:7 And counting
UTC quote
Re: GT200 Coolant Leak
shawnm wrote:
it actually looked wet underneath.
Can you describe this some more? When you say that it looked wet underneath, do you mean that the bottom side of the scooter looked wet, as if coolant was dripping down the scooter? Or did you mean something else?
OP
UTC

Hooked

Hooked
UTC quote
GT200 Coolant Leak
It appears to be leaking from a gasket where a hard plastic tube attaches to the engine case (or exhaust) right near the exhaust stub. I can't tell from the service manual what it is , but I suspect it's part of the SAS system.

It shouldn't leak at 2800 miles. I'll call the dealer and see if they'll cover it.

If you have a parts book and know what it is called, please tell me. thanks
UTC

2005 GT 200

2005 GT 200
UTC quote
I also had a coolant leak under the motor somewhere. Vespa investigated and found out it was coming out of the weep plug on the water pump housing. Vespa found out that the ceramic bushing was bad and they replaced it.
@greasy125 avatar
UTC

Sergeant at Arms
Weird 80's Vespas & Cool Vintage Lambrettas

Sergeant at Arms
@greasy125 avatar
Weird 80's Vespas & Cool Vintage Lambrettas
UTC quote
Re: GT200 Coolant Leak
shawnm wrote:
It appears to be leaking from a gasket where a hard plastic tube attaches to the engine case (or exhaust) right near the exhaust stub. I can't tell from the service manual what it is , but I suspect it's part of the SAS system.

It shouldn't leak at 2800 miles. I'll call the dealer and see if they'll cover it.

If you have a parts book and know what it is called, please tell me. thanks
check the bypass tubes that go from your carb into the t-stat housing and into the engine block. you may have a pin-hole leak in one due to the carb. vibrating.

it's also possible that your t-stat housing is leaking so have a look at that badboy as well while you're in there.

best,
-greasy
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0424s ][ Queries: 8 (0.0178s) ][ Debug on ][ 313 ][ Thing One ]