OP
UTC

ET2

ET2
UTC quote
So I go out the other day, start the ole' ET2. Fires up fine, then within a minute dies. Try to start it up again with the electric start...nothing, try the kick start, again nothing. I smell a little gas, take out the bucket and try to start it while looking at the engine. As I'm pressing the electric start I notice gas coming out the side of the carburetor. Now I'm no ratchet head, but I know that's not good. So any thoughts to what the culprit is? Could it possibly be the fuel tap? The carb was recently rebuilt, so I'm surprised there's a problem, but one thing I have learned about an ET2 is, never act surprised!
Enclosed a picture of the carburetor and arrow pointing where the fuel was coming from. BTW did remove spark plug, looked fine, no fouling whatsoever.
Thanks in advance for any advice.
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
@greg531 avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
63 GL 150, 05 Typhoon, 09 Beo 200

Molto Verboso
@greg531 avatar
63 GL 150, 05 Typhoon, 09 Beo 200
UTC quote
I would go back to the guy that rebuilt the carb...Sounds like something is not tight, or work it's way loose....
Looks like the electric choke, but I am not fimiliar with Webers...
OP
UTC

ET2

ET2
UTC quote
Thanks
I will take it back to the shop...yet again. Will keep updated what the problem was, just in case any other people have a similar problem.
⬆️    About 12 years elapsed    ⬇️
UTC

Banned

Banned
UTC quote
This exact thing happened to me... exactly the same, after cleaning the carb, in my case was the float needle that got stuck, hope that helps, I juts toke it a part clean it out and install it again and it stopped pouring fuel
@jixaw avatar
UTC

Hooked
2003 Vespa ET2

Hooked
@jixaw avatar
2003 Vespa ET2
UTC quote
^^ this...sounds like a sticky float valve...take the bowl off and remove the float...just put it right back in..that should do it...

if you want to check your fuel tap, disconnect the fuel line from the carb..if it just pours out without stopping your tap is bad...

im with thescooterbud...this is prolly a sticky float...often you can just fix it by tapping on the carb with the wooden handle of a hammer...
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0308s ][ Queries: 4 (0.0081s) ][ Debug on ][ 313 ][ Thing One ]