OP
UTC

100 sport

100 sport
UTC quote
The is the "infamous" P...100 sport, my mecanic has replaced the tank, spark plug is new and working, coil is new and working, battery is new and working as well, he has taken the carb apart and cleaned it, gas oil ratio is correct but here's the rub, it will push start and when started and given gas it bogs, he cannot kick start it.. I figured someone here would suggest soemthing we have not tried....And by the way, you were all right on the bodge, I purchase I am really regretting....Tkanks again...
@starreem avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
07 GTS250(RIP), 13 GTS300, Several Lambrettas

Ossessionato
@starreem avatar
07 GTS250(RIP), 13 GTS300, Several Lambrettas
UTC quote
What does the plug look like after a few goes at kick starting, or after bump starting and giving it some throttle?
@rover_eric avatar
UTC

1965 Vespa SS180, 1963 Lambretta LI150

@rover_eric avatar
1965 Vespa SS180, 1963 Lambretta LI150
UTC quote
If i had to guess ...

if it won't start by kickstarting, but will start by bump starting? It MIGHT be worn clutch plates... might be low compression do to an old top-end.

The fact that it bogs when you give it gas i'd wager is a separate problem. Your idle jet is the right size but your main jet or mixer / atomizer is clogged or too small.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0359s ][ Queries: 6 (0.0133s) ][ Debug on ][ 313 ][ Thing One ]