World Wide Bodge Syndicate?
Post Reply    Forum -> Not-So-Modern
PX150 and 1 drowned P200,
Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:11 pm quote
Ebay Item...
Quote:
Here is an Amazing 1978 Vespa PX 150

Errr... an amazing LML Vespa from India....?

Anybody know the seller OCVespaman?

You know... maybe it's a great restoration, but why not just say what it is outright. Maybe I over looked it in the advert, but while loudly claiming it isn't an Asian or bodge, the seller never states that it's an Indian made scoot.

Am I wrong that I find that irritating?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1978-VINTAGE-VESPA-100-RESTORED-FREE-SHIPPING_W0QQitemZ280312025098QQcmdZViewItemQQptZScooters?hash=item280312025098&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A727%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1308#ht_2156wt_1201
Ossessionato

Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:51 pm quote

I think the guy selling.. more than likely has done a budget resto using some cheaper Indian parts. Yeah he's a jackass for trying to state this thing is 100% legit yadda yadda yadda...

BUT

Seriously...who cares anymore. If someone out there that is looking for a vintage scoot and doesn't know what the differences are by now (given the tons of info out there), then they deserve what they bought.

I think this subject is so worn out and nobody here really gives a shit.
Hooked
81 - P200E
Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:30 pm quote
The funny thing is that now that we have all of the those sites that talk about "how to spot a bodge", all of the people building them will stop doing the little things like yellow boots
PX150 and 1 drowned P200,
Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:47 pm quote
Quote:
Seriously...who cares anymore
...my bud Steve (yeah, 100%newb) that almost bought that scoot.
Addicted
'60 VS5, '63 Li 150 Special, '07 PX125
Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:21 pm quote
I don't know enough about LMLs to say what that is. But it is for sure not a '78 anything. Locking cowls, ignition switch on column, fuel gauge, center mat, etc.

Kinda cheesy for someone who "enjoys building quality scooters."

I'm naturally suspicious of people who use that many fonts anyway...
Ossessionato
ET2, PX150
Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:32 pm quote
Quote:
I'm naturally suspicious of people who use that many fonts anyway...
+1
Addicted
not-so-normal
Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:18 pm quote
I'm confuse...
this guy from the states and he claimed THIS SCOOTER WAS NOT RESTORED IN ASIA OR OVERSEAS!
why all of you frown upon him

...and what's wrong with Asia?
WHOoligan
1985 PX200E Arcobaleno : 2010/14 GTS300 S: RIP GTS250 @ 40K
Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:36 pm quote
Its not an US version of a P series scoot.

I wonder if its registered and if so what year its registered under.

For that price, and if I had the cash, I check it out.

That would look good with yellow boots.

Ride Safe

manny
Hooked
1978 Vespa P200e
Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:23 pm quote
veloce75 wrote:
I'm confuse...
this guy from the states and he claimed THIS SCOOTER WAS NOT RESTORED IN ASIA OR OVERSEAS!

Nothing is wrong with Asia. I hope to visit someday.. go to Bali or Thailand or
Fiji.

Whats wrong is the "restored" Vespa's that come from places like Vietnam and
sold to the naive American buyers.
Addicted
not-so-normal
Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:53 pm quote
yeah Bali is beautiful island in my country
but I'm courius about yellow boots? what all of you laugh at...
isn't it true that rubber producer "biemme" of italy also produce yellow boot?
I find it in http://www.riminilambrettacentre.com
WHOoligan
Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:45 am quote
veloce75 wrote:
I'm confuse...

Alot of the scoots that come from South east asia are not built right, they are built with junk parts. The motors break down, the frames are welded, they can be dangerous.

Now thats not to say all you brothas from Jakarta are doing the same with your scoots. Its been the scoots that are shipped over from Vietnam for resale.

I do like the colored boots myself, but the Viet Bodges have given them a bad name. Some of the rear crash bars from Asia are Cool, but again the Bodges give them a bad name. I personaly dont care, if I like them, Id mount them.

Ride Safe

Manny
WHOoligan
Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:48 am quote
veloce75 wrote:
yeah Bali is beautiful island in my country
but I'm courius about yellow boots? what all of you laugh at...
isn't it true that rubber producer "biemme" of italy also produce yellow boot?
I find it in http://www.riminilambrettacentre.com
Interesting, the boots seem to come from Italy, the mans got a point.

Manny
Addicted
not-so-normal
Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:54 am quote
snapshot05 wrote:
Alot of the scoots that come from South east asia are not built right, they are built with junk parts. The motors break down, the frames are welded, they can be dangerous.

Now thats not to say all you brothas from Jakarta are doing the same with your scoots. Its been the scoots that are shipped over from Vietnam for resale.

I do like the colored boots myself, but the Viet Bodges have given them a bad name. Some of the rear crash bars from Asia are Cool, but again the Bodges give them a bad name. I personaly dont care, if I like them, Id mount them.

Ride Safe

Manny
Agreed!
and thanks Manny that's easing...
here in Indonesia, there are syndicate vespa seller out of my country, in Jakarta and Bali and I really hate them because will be fewer vespa in my country
so don't buy it...

ps: I like your motto
-->No Modern, No Vintage, Just VESPA<--
Lurker
P200E
Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:42 am quote
well for a start, a 78 wouldn't have fuel sender unit, or an ignition like that, it would be on the head set, could be a later frame, also the indicator/blinker switch would be different, horn casting later model, but tail light is spot on. still probably a good scooter tho,
1965 Vespa SS180, 1963 Lambretta LI150
Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:36 am quote
snapshot05 wrote:
Interesting, the boots seem to come from Italy, the mans got a point.

Manny
He IS right. If you've read my "how to tell a vietbodge" artricle, i state that Biemme colored accessory kits like this are actually QUITE rare and expensive. They were a popular accessory amongst the mods, and all that chrome as well, and the two tone paint jobs .... hence that's why so many of the viet bikes look like that. They're taking a cue from what the brits like by remaking all the old popular mod accessories.

That said, it's a sure-fire way to tell it's from vietnam, as they tend to use P-series yellow boots ( which were never an original accessory, obviously ), and big chrome p-series centerstands on all vintage bikes. If you notice, the yellow stand boots pictured above look nothing like the ones normally used out of vietnam.

And Veloce75 - none of the anti-asian bike sentiment is directed at people in asia rocking their own bikes. It's ire directed at people who misrepresent things when they sell them. They could be US people importing, they could be vietnamese 'restoration' companies who sell the stuff on ebay, they could be indian places rebadging bajaj's with vespa badges to get a higher price for them online.

When the seller buys something that's been misrepresented as 'restored' 'original' and all the other nice words used to mean "ready to ride" they often find them breaking down in a matter of miles, unsafe, and redone very poorly. The buyers have no recourse afterwards, since the sellers are overrseas in most cases. We just try to convince people not to buy scooters from overseas - to buy them locally. There's plenty of original condition bikes to be had in the USA, and there's plenty of mechanics and shops over here who could use the business to feed their kids rather than sending your money overseas.

We all distinguish the folks like you - vintage enthusiasts doing the same thing we do, from the unscrupulous stores and retailers looking to make a buck off the american wallet.... no matter where their country of origin.
Ossessionato
Chetak
Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:46 am quote
[quote
I'm naturally suspicious of people who use that many fonts anyway...[/quote]
R
nothing at all
Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:51 am quote
i will only say that there is still much ignorance right here in socal on this issue.

i have heard it said "i would never buy a bike restored in asia"

me personally,i'm ready to get on a plane and go hang out with veloce in india and bring back a low rider. (veloce,send me some boots,can't get em here.)

i'm also a bit of a a-- hole on this issue,so thats make sure we are'nt offending anyone by confusing shitty sales techniques with amazing cultures.

i have to stop now before hp pm's me.

hi h.
Addicted
not-so-normal
Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:05 pm quote
Rover Eric wrote:
And Veloce75 - none of the anti-asian bike sentiment is directed at people in asia rocking their own bikes. It's ire directed at people who misrepresent things when they sell them. They could be US people importing, they could be vietnamese 'restoration' companies who sell the stuff on ebay, they could be indian places rebadging bajaj's with vespa badges to get a higher price for them online.

When the seller buys something that's been misrepresented as 'restored' 'original' and all the other nice words used to mean "ready to ride" they often find them breaking down in a matter of miles, unsafe, and redone very poorly. The buyers have no recourse afterwards, since the sellers are overrseas in most cases. We just try to convince people not to buy scooters from overseas - to buy them locally. There's plenty of original condition bikes to be had in the USA, and there's plenty of mechanics and shops over here who could use the business to feed their kids rather than sending your money overseas.

We all distinguish the folks like you - vintage enthusiasts doing the same thing we do, from the unscrupulous stores and retailers looking to make a buck off the american wallet.... no matter where their country of origin.
Thanks Eric glad to hear that
jimmyb865 wrote:
me personally,i'm ready to get on a plane and go hang out with veloce in india and bring back a low rider. (veloce,send me some boots,can't get em here.)

hahaha I'm not in India, I'm in Indonesia
like eric said these are QUITE rare and expensive, there are not here either may you can order in vietnam
nothing at all
Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:50 am quote
indo,even better.

you got surf and india dos'nt.

funny i knew you were in indo and i typed india anyway.
Ossessionato

Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:32 am quote
jimmyb865 wrote:
indo,even better.

you got surf and india dos'nt.

funny i knew you were in indo and i typed india anyway.
India has surf...just not as good as Indo. Imagine if people in India surfed...way too crowded!
Cross Egypt Challenge - A 2400km ride throughout Egypt   Vespa Wasp Pin Badges   Scooter Parts Company
Post Reply    Forum -> Not-So-Modern
[ Time: 0.1816s ][ Queries: 25 (0.0406s) ][ Debug on ]