OP
@tfauch avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso

Molto Verboso
@tfauch avatar
UTC quote
How long are the stems on LX mirrors and how big is the mirror itself ? Can they be put on an ET ? I have aftermarket chrome mirrors with a 7 in stem but they are a little too small to be useful so I went back to the originals.

Tim
@steve avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
'06 Vespa LX150, '07 Suzuki Burgman 400, '05 Honda Metropolitan

Ossessionato
@steve avatar
UTC quote
The mirrors are 4-3/4" diameter, and the stem (from boot to mirror) is about 8" long.

I believe scooterwest lists them as options for the ET, and I think Crystal has them on hers.

HTH,
Steve
OP
@tfauch avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso

Molto Verboso
@tfauch avatar
UTC quote
Thanks Steve
I just measured the chrome mirrors I have now and they are 7 inches from boot to mirror and the mirror is only 4 inches. The mirrors on Crystal's silver scoot it the gallery look like the mirrors I have now.(just a little too small)

Tim
@steve avatar
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
@steve avatar
UTC quote
You can see mine in several of the photos in the link in my sig.
@greasy125 avatar
UTC

Sergeant at Arms
Weird 80's Vespas & Cool Vintage Lambrettas

Sergeant at Arms
@greasy125 avatar
Weird 80's Vespas & Cool Vintage Lambrettas
UTC quote
Re: LX Mirrors
TFauch wrote:
How long are the stems on LX mirrors and how big is the mirror itself ? Can they be put on an ET ? I have aftermarket chrome mirrors with a 7 in stem but they are a little too small to be useful so I went back to the originals.

Tim
lx mirrors won't mount up on an ET.

the rh mirror mounts into the master cyl bracket, which is different between et & lx.
the lh mirror on the lx mounts to the brake lever bracket on the handlebar while on et it mounts through the bracket and attaches with a nut on the bottom side.

if you're looking for the round retro style mirrors for your et, motorsport has 'em. they look good and attach easily.

best,
-greasy
⬆️    About 1 month elapsed    ⬇️
OP
@tfauch avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso

Molto Verboso
@tfauch avatar
UTC quote
Does anyone know what size thread the mirrors are on the LX or GT ? I know the thread on the ET4 is 8mm. Has anyone seen this adapter or know where I could get one ? External inline image provided by member with no explanatory text

Sip-Scootershop has them but you need to spend $50 minimum to order. I just may get those nice chrome lollipop mirrors I want.

Tim
@addicted avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
Consume Less & Share More

Ossessionato
@addicted avatar
UTC quote
TFauch wrote:
Has anyone seen this adapter or know where I could get one ? External inline image provided by member with no explanatory text

Sip-Scootershop has them but you need to spend $50 minimum to order. I just may get those nice chrome lollipop mirrors I want.
PM me if you find these elsewhere, or if you're going to order this adaptor. I already have the chrome retro mirrors on my ET4, and I'm satisfied with them. But, if the ET4 could accept generic mirrors, I'd buy a set of mirrors that have built-in signal indicators. It's not retro, but I'm more interested in function. The signal indicator mirrors look trick too, and you can find round ones.
OP
@tfauch avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso

Molto Verboso
@tfauch avatar
UTC quote
Gary,

I'll let you know what I find. I've been searching under: Adapter, Coupler, Metric, Spacer. It's just a matter of time. I almost ordered the mirrors and adapters from Sip-ScooterShop until I got to the check out and saw shipping was $57 .

Tim
OP
@tfauch avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso

Molto Verboso
@tfauch avatar
UTC quote
ET4 Mirrors
These are the chrome mirrors I had on the scoot. Just to show the stems and see what needs to be adjusted with adapters to get GT or LX mirrors. These are M-8 1.25 thread. Does anyone know what size thread is on the LX or GT mirror ?

Tim

External inline image provided by member with no explanatory text
@bryce-o-rama avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
Peugeot Looxor

Ossessionato
@bryce-o-rama avatar
Peugeot Looxor
UTC quote
That's too bad that the LX mirrors won't easily bolt onto the ET. I never was a fan of those, they looke like toys to me.
⬆️    About 1 month elapsed    ⬇️
OP
@tfauch avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso

Molto Verboso
@tfauch avatar
UTC quote
I finally got My LX/GT mirrors on my ET4 with this adapterExternal inline image provided by member with no explanatory text that I got from S.I.P. Scootershop. I had to do a little modification on the adapter because the threads did not come up far enough before the spacer and it was too long but a tap and die set M8 x 1.25 and a hacksaw did the trick. I also reused the rubber boots from the ET4 chrome mirrors I use to have.

Tim
@tikka avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
07 GTS250ie VCOA#2794

Ossessionato
@tikka avatar
07 GTS250ie VCOA#2794
UTC quote
great job Tim ... post up some pics when you get a chance. These new mirrors do look more substantial.
@velvet avatar
UTC

Hooked
Vintage Green GT125

Hooked
@velvet avatar
Vintage Green GT125
UTC quote
addicted wrote:
PM me if you find these elsewhere, or if you're going to order this adaptor. I already have the chrome retro mirrors on my ET4, and I'm satisfied with them. But, if the ET4 could accept generic mirrors, I'd buy a set of mirrors that have built-in signal indicators.
Beedspeed in the UK have the adaptor which will then allow 8mm universal fittings on l/h & r/h of ET2/4.

Have a look at the link and scroll down to the last two pictures (one on left). Shipping to the US is about $8 to the US (small package).

Try this link:

http://www.beedspeed.com/mirrors.htm
OP
@tfauch avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso

Molto Verboso
@tfauch avatar
UTC quote
Velvet,

I wish I saw those earlier. Looks like the same thing I got. It still needed to be modified to fit the ET4. I'll have to save Beedspeed as a favorite for the future.

Thanks,
Tim
@addicted avatar
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
@addicted avatar
UTC quote
Thanks for the info, Velvet.
BTW, I like your Avatar, and your location is interesting too.
@velvet avatar
UTC

Hooked
Vintage Green GT125

Hooked
@velvet avatar
Vintage Green GT125
UTC quote
addicted wrote:
Thanks for the info, Velvet.
BTW, I like your Avatar, and your location is interesting too.
The location is Manchester in the UK...People from Manchester are called Mancunians...we're a bolshy lot and a Mancunian republic (or the Republic) is a semi-jokey reference to a certain distaste for the rest of the UK and a belief we should manage our own affairs!

Update: some images & t-shirts from the Republic:

I like the avatar but I could never get it too the right size so I doff my cap in appreciation of your eyesight addicted *doffs cap*.

See you're from the land of the Sopranos. Hope you're not employed in "waste management"?
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
@velvet avatar
UTC

Hooked
Vintage Green GT125

Hooked
@velvet avatar
Vintage Green GT125
UTC quote
TFauch wrote:
Velvet,

I wish I saw those earlier. Looks like the same thing I got. It still needed to be modified to fit the ET4. I'll have to save Beedspeed as a favorite for the future.

Thanks,
Tim
Which mirrors did you use in the end? I've been looking to put some retro chrome on my ET. If I use the adaptor can I get the standard cuppini M8 mirrors or the LX mirrors?

Why did you need a tap and die?

I will stop asking questions for a short time both to draw breath and allow you to answer.

@lomunchi avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2020 Honda NC750DCT ABS

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@lomunchi avatar
2020 Honda NC750DCT ABS
UTC quote
Velvet,

"Mancunian", ay.

So are you for United or City?
OP
@tfauch avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso

Molto Verboso
@tfauch avatar
UTC quote
Velvet wrote:
Which mirrors did you use in the end? I've been looking to put some retro chrome on my ET. If I use the adaptor can I get the standard cuppini M8 mirrors or the LX mirrors?

Why did you need a tap and die?

I will stop asking questions for a short time both to draw breath and allow you to answer.

This photo shows the original left mirror and the adapter. I had to extend the threads up about a 1/2 inch then had to chop it down so it wouldn't stick out below the headset.

This is what I ended up with. The photo does not do them justice. But they are the LX Mirrors. I was out for a short ride Friday and they are great.

Tim
@addicted avatar
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
@addicted avatar
UTC quote
Fantastic job, Tim. You didn't settle for your disenchantment with the stock mirror appearance, or the limited visibility from the available aftermarket replacement. That's a mod
@velvet avatar
UTC

Hooked
Vintage Green GT125

Hooked
@velvet avatar
Vintage Green GT125
UTC quote
lomunchi wrote:
Velvet,

"Mancunian", ay.

So are you for United or City?
United Fan and season ticket holder Lomunchi. 8)

You follow English Football (not discounting that you may be British and living in USA)?
@velvet avatar
UTC

Hooked
Vintage Green GT125

Hooked
@velvet avatar
Vintage Green GT125
UTC quote
TFauch wrote:
[This photo shows the original left mirror and the adapter. I had to extend the threads up about a 1/2 inch then had to chop it down so it wouldn't stick out below the headset.

This is what I ended up with. The photo does not do them justice. But they are the LX Mirrors. I was out for a short ride Friday and they are great.

Tim
Cheers Tim - I can now see what you did more clearly - obviously a man of nimble thought and craft!

I now feel slight confidence that I could do this (with the help of my father, who is appropriately, an Engineer Laughing emoticon )

Cheers

V
@tikka avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
07 GTS250ie VCOA#2794

Ossessionato
@tikka avatar
07 GTS250ie VCOA#2794
UTC quote
Congratulations on a MOD well done Tim. Those mirrors totally change the look of the scooter.
OP
@tfauch avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso

Molto Verboso
@tfauch avatar
UTC quote
addicted wrote:
Fantastic job, Tim. You didn't settle for your disenchantment with the stock mirror appearance, or the limited visibility from the available aftermarket replacement. That's a mod
Laughing emoticon Thanks, Gary.
Velvet wrote:
Cheers Tim - I can now see what you did more clearly - obviously a man of nimble thought and craft!

I now feel slight confidence that I could do this (with the help of my father, who is appropriately, an Engineer Laughing emoticon )

Cheers
Velvet,

I'm an absolute knuckle head when it comes down to anything mechanical. Everything is all brand new to me. As you can see this post started in December. You could do this.
Tikka Masala wrote:
Congratulations on a MOD well done Tim. Those mirrors totally change the look of the scooter.
Thanks, Tom

Tim
OP
@tfauch avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso

Molto Verboso
@tfauch avatar
UTC quote
Velvet wrote:
The location is Manchester in the UK...People from Manchester are called Mancunians...we're a bolshy lot and a Mancunian republic (or the Republic) is a semi-jokey reference to a certain distaste for the rest of the UK and a belief we should manage our own affairs!
Wow that's kinda like Texas in the USA.

Tim
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.1215s ][ Queries: 29 (0.0864s) ][ Debug on ][ 313 ][ Thing One ]