@jul-bar avatar
UTC

Hooked
LX 150 Azurro Blue

Hooked
@jul-bar avatar
LX 150 Azurro Blue
UTC quote
I just got a pair of woman's low rise Draggin' Jeans & the yellow mesh Draggin' Shirt. They're really comfortable. I see they offer CE rated armor kits for the knees & elbows/shoulders. They say it attaches w/ velcro, but I'm wondering if it actually stays put. If I ever need that armor in a crash, I don't want it sliding around. I don't yet have a jacket with armor as I'm still deciding what to get. In the meantime, I need something inexpensive yet effective. Would this be a good solution or do you have other suggestions?

BTW, I came up with a name for my new Azurro Blue LX.
I wanted something celestial since it's blue, so since I'm a "gal" and I have an LX 150, I'm thinking the name Gal-LX-Y... or GaLXy or.... Thoughts?

BTW2: I put up a picture of me in my new Draggin' jeans & shirt (see Wed. Aug. 2)on my blog, "The Jul-B'ar Chronicles" which now has the ability to post comments if you're so inclined. 8)
⚠️ Last edited by Jul-Bar on UTC; edited 1 time
@beale avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
None! I sold it :(

Ossessionato
@beale avatar
None! I sold it :(
UTC quote
Jul-B'ar I really like the name you came up with for your scoot. It fits to a t.

On the armor issue, I would try it at least. If you do not like the way it fits/stays, keep it. Some bike jackets do not come with armor, or not great armor. The Draggin armor is CE rated. This is very good stuff. My present jacket only has dual density, not near as good. So if nothing else you might be able to swap it out. Sorry I could not be more helpful, Beale.
@farsideman avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
2005 Vespa GT 200

Molto Verboso
@farsideman avatar
2005 Vespa GT 200
UTC quote
Wow, I love that blue almost better than my Vintage Green! I love the name you're thinking about...it fits. If you haven't already looked, you should visit www.newenough.com for armored jackets; they have really good prices, particularly on their closeout section.
UTC

Hooked
1980 P200e

Hooked
1980 P200e
UTC quote
i read an online review somewhere saying the draggin armor doesn't stick to the jeans, but i can't find it. also, they don't have hip or thigh armor.

I highly recommend bohn body armor--lycra leggings (and jerseys) with CE armor inserts. Had jersey & leggings for a couple years now and they rule (they breathe, so they're good even in fairly warm weather).

now i need draggin jeans to wear over em.

http://actionstation.com/catalog/proddetail.php?prod=BGLA
don't get put off by their wack website. they are very helpful on the phone.
@zippityjacks avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
Thank you Christina -- 2005 ET4 with Flames

Molto Verboso
@zippityjacks avatar
UTC quote
Funny that you bring this up. Until this past week when I went riding with a friend of mine I had never heard of Draggin Jeans. I was intersted in them, inquired about them, searched the web and ordered them..... GOT A MESSAGE TODAY...THEIR ON BACK ORDER Crying or Very sad emoticon Crying or Very sad emoticon
@michael_h avatar
UTC

2006 LX150 "Amadora"

@michael_h avatar
2006 LX150 "Amadora"
UTC quote
tomj wrote:
i read an online review somewhere saying the draggin armor doesn't stick to the jeans, but i can't find it. also, they don't have hip or thigh armor.
My knee armour stick really well in my Draggin'Jeans (chinos).
tomj wrote:
I highly recommend bohn body armor ... with CE armor inserts ... now i need draggin jeans to wear over em.
I wear the Bohn cool-air shorts underneath my chinos, and they are warm in the hot summer - I am not sure that I would want to be wearing the full-length version
UTC

Hooked
1980 P200e

Hooked
1980 P200e
UTC quote
well, our summers are dry. the bohn pants might be a bit sticky in humid weather. they also have an ultra-light version i haven't tried. anyway, the key is that the stretchy fabric keeps the armor in place. unless they rip in a crash... :?

as for the Draggin armor, the review i read was for the US jeans. note that US "Draggin Jeans" are a different company from the Canada/Australian one.

anyway, get armor! although serious road rash can be horrible, i think impact injuries are more likely, because most accidents happen at slower speeds in traffic, not at high speeds. (and for us over 35s, bones get brittle as we age... )
OP
@jul-bar avatar
UTC

Hooked
LX 150 Azurro Blue

Hooked
@jul-bar avatar
LX 150 Azurro Blue
UTC quote
zippityjacks wrote:
Funny that you bring this up. Until this past week when I went riding with a friend of mine I had never heard of Draggin Jeans. I was intersted in them, inquired about them, searched the web and ordered them..... GOT A MESSAGE TODAY...THEIR ON BACK ORDER Crying or Very sad emoticon Crying or Very sad emoticon
You might ask about their closeout deal on their women's Draggin' Jeans.
They had a lot that ran about a size smaller than listed. So, I just ordered a size larger & the fit was perfect. And they were 25 bucks cheaper

They're really comfortable.

Having said that, I just spent a small fortune on a pair of Air Mesh Kevlar pants & the GP-2 jacket (with all the liners) by Motoport http://www.motoport.com It has incredible armor in more places than I've ever seen. There are some great reviews. I learned about it from a link on MV (Tikka Masala?). It's probably more than a little LX'er will ever need given my commutes, but, with all the accident reports of late, I got a little nervous and decided I like the idea of being able to walk away from an accident rather than being hauled into an ambulance. Small price in the long run I suppose. Unfortunately, I have to wait a few months before it gets here. The Draggin gear will have to do for now.
@zippityjacks avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso

Molto Verboso
@zippityjacks avatar
UTC quote
Thanks Jul-B'ar. I called them, they stated that they are not on back order, but on "special order" and I should have them in about a week.

There is so much stuff out there that can be bought for safety, my husband threatens that if I buy on more thing (I am now at 1. mesh Joe Rocket jacket, 1. corrazo Hoodie, 3 different style gloves, 2 pair of boots, and now a pair of pants, and lets not forget the FF Helmet) that I will be on shopping restriction. I try to explain that all of this is cheeper in the long run than a hospital bill. He Just Dosn't Get It!

Sooooo Until Next Paycheck....................... Laughing emoticon
OP
@jul-bar avatar
UTC

Hooked
LX 150 Azurro Blue

Hooked
@jul-bar avatar
LX 150 Azurro Blue
UTC quote
I got the knee armor kit a week ago that goes with the Draggin' Jeans. They're very comfortable... Sometimes I just leave the jeans on if I'm at a workshop or meeting; they can get a bit warm on a hot day inside. It was pretty cheap too for some signficant security (CE/Knox rated)
@zippityjacks avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso

Molto Verboso
@zippityjacks avatar
UTC quote
zippityjacks wrote:
Thanks Jul-B'ar. I called them, they stated that they are not on back order, but on "special order" and I should have them in about a week.

There is so much stuff out there that can be bought for safety, my husband threatens that if I buy on more thing (I am now at 1. mesh Joe Rocket jacket, 1. corrazo Hoodie, 3 different style gloves, 2 pair of boots, and now a pair of pants, and lets not forget the FF Helmet) that I will be on shopping restriction. I try to explain that all of this is cheeper in the long run than a hospital bill. He Just Dosn't Get It!

Sooooo Until Next Paycheck....................... Laughing emoticon
LOL.... we must by telepathic.... I had to call the place I ordered my jeans from on Monday. I got a package at my office, I was soooooooo excited that my jeans had arived. But, they seemed awfully light. I opened up the box only to find:

Knee Armor!!!

No jeans.....

I am told that they made a mistake and have ordered them RUSH. Crying or Very sad emoticon
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0710s ][ Queries: 14 (0.0390s) ][ Debug on ][ 313 ][ Thing One ]