GT punctured - missed the club ride
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion
Ossessionato
'15 Blue GTS300 Super, '18 White GTS300 Super
Sun Dec 04, 2005 2:21 pm quote
It was a beautiful day here is Sydney, and the club was heading for Palm Beach, up the north coast - a lovely ride.

But on my way down to meet in the city (a 50-minute journey), I acquired a puncture in the rear wheel. Couldn't find a nail or anything, so couldn't repair it, and turned for home. Took 5 stops at petrol stations plus two of my gas cylinders to get home!

I have now taken the back wheel off (a major operation), and located the hole. But it is probably not worth repairing. The tyre has done 6000km, and the instructions for the repair kit say a repair is only temporary, and the tyre should be replaced as soon as posssible. So now I will 'phone a few shops to see what is available at what prices. A web search indicates that Savas are good, but Michelin Pilot City probably the best.

Can't wait to get mobile again!

Mike
Ossessionato
2005 Dragon Red Vespa ET4 Speedster
Sun Dec 04, 2005 8:13 pm quote
Glad you got home safe. You're lucky though 'cause it's Summer in Sydney!!!
Enthusiast
05 GT200 Black
Tue Dec 06, 2005 4:37 am quote
Hey Mike,

Although I've only done 3000km, the SAVA's on my GT seem to be showing little wear. I'm 115Kg and always have a topbox fitted, both of which are reputed to accelerate wear.

I keep them inflated at 32PSI rear and 31PSI front. Hoping to get at least another 6000 out of them. (km that is!)

Cheers,
Bob
Scooting the Ozarks is a scooter rally held in Eureka Springs, Arkansas offering riders scenic twisty rides, poker run, and more.   Vespa Wasp Pin Badges   AF1 Racing Vespa Austin
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion
[ Time: 0.2300s ][ Queries: 23 (0.0357s) ][ Debug on ]