PPG or DUPONT Paint Codes???
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion
Enthusiast
PX & Husqvarna KTM 650

Mon Dec 05, 2005 4:17 pm quote
I'm going to get my BMW System 3 Flip up helmet resprayed to match the GT200 in Smokey Gray Piaggio/Vespa Paint Code 731/A.

Does anyone know the corresponding PPG, DuPont, Glasurit, or Sikkens code number
GT200, ET4, Li150 S3
Wed Dec 07, 2005 5:16 am quote
OKay,...here is a back door to the SIKKENS (AKZO NOBEL is the manufacturer) Paint Code Finder.

http://www.qnetonline.nl/cgi-nt/qnet/qnsearch.asp?site=SIKGL

TYPE Piaggio into the Manufacturer line. Then I always grab a color group in the pull down to narrow it down a bit.

Then search. Look for the PIA731 in the list, click on the AKZO NOBEL CODE , and then you got a mix code for your SIKKENS dealer. Most colors use either Autobase, or Autobase Plus, so play with that product pull down menu until you get a code. I have no idea as to the specs on the individual SIKKENS (AKZO NOBEL makes SIKKENS) products so you'll have to ask the paint shop. But I have used this before with success. Most piaggio codes are in here. I would bring in a sample for comparison as well.
Hooked
300 Super, 2007 BV500
Tue Dec 20, 2005 1:08 am quote
I'm having some touch up work done on my GT 200 this winter. The dealer told me that the color on my 2004 GT is PPG 731 Steel Gray. They also told me that Piaggio regularly uses PPG. He didn't mention the /A however he did say the code could be found on the scooter.

Just thought I would pass this on here for future reference.
Your Rally Here   vespa scooterwest scooter west Motorsport Scooters   Yelcome Leather Top Cases and Roll Bags for Piaggio Vespa PX LX LXV GTS GTV
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion
[ Time: 0.1391s ][ Queries: 33 (0.0543s) ][ Debug on ]