OP
UTC

Hooked
'78 P200E, 2009 TMax, 2009 S150

Hooked
UTC quote
I was reading the post about "will this wiring diagram work" when I saw a side bar about shocks, and Rover Eric was recommending the BGM.
My ride has way too many miles (54,ooo Kilometers) and I had replaced the rear shock with a stock shock about 4 years ago, but I ride with the wife in tow and it is just a harsh ride.
I picked up a junk stella front fork assy to convert to disc brake and the front stella shock is toast. I want to fix the shock before I put it on my P.
I figure if I get both front and rear shocks, a rear shock mount from clauss studios with the urethane motor bushings it should tighten up the loose ride. I had changed the bushings with rubber stock ones when I rebuilt my motor last year and it's better, but I want it to be tight like my friend's 2005 px150, his rides sweet compared to my oldie but goodie.
I was going to get some bitubos, but they are soo expensive. And
I saw Greasy recommended gabriels or new stock shocks in a post a while back. Since I ride two up lots I was wanting to get something better than stock, maybe adjustable, like the bitubos. But the project rally we rebuilt a while back had a rear bitubo and I was not impressed that much over the stock shocks, but I could feel the difference when adjusted.....
So any recommendations from ya'll who got performance shocks on your scoot?
Any as always, thanks Eric and Greasy for your never ending wealth of information....I'll owe ya'll many, many rounds of drinks at a rally sometime.....
I was at amerivespa this year, I had a blast!!!!and I WILL be in San Antonio in 2010.
Thanks in advance,
Chas Nerd emoticon
⚠️ Last edited by Chas in NOLA on UTC; edited 1 time
UTC

nothing at all

nothing at all
UTC quote
i have an adjustable blue prima on the back and a rip off sebac on the front and LOVE it

but as greasy has said and others that have been through the 'shock monkey on the back' dealio.

fresh stock is an awsome improvment from 20 year old wore out ones. Nerd emoticon
@danyouhandleit avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
1967 Gran Turismo 1963 Lambretta S3 TV175 1971 Rally 180

Molto Verboso
@danyouhandleit avatar
1967 Gran Turismo 1963 Lambretta S3 TV175 1971 Rally 180
UTC quote
For real. My P rocks like a baby buggie hitting anything over 30. I"m about to upgrade the shocks too. Not sure what though.
OP
UTC

Hooked

Hooked
UTC quote
The bitubo on the rally I built did seem tight, and I could really feel the difference between the soft setting and the firm setting.
My replacement rear stock shock I had installed was put on in 2005, and I've put mucho miles on since then. I think it's time to get a new one, but I wanted to maybe buy one that would last longer than four years.

Jimmy, what is a ripoff sebac?????
And where did you get it? I buy most of my stuff from Motorsports lately, max is the best

Chas
@rover_eric avatar
UTC

1965 Vespa SS180, 1963 Lambretta LI150

@rover_eric avatar
UTC quote
I like bitubo's, or Paoli ... or Fournales if you have the money.

I know a lot of people go budget with Sebacs... but i'm very much of the opinion that you get what you pay for. I'm also at the point where i'm trying desperately to avoid buying indian-made parts ( which is nigh impossible without spending the bucks at a german shop ). Your results may vary.
UTC

nothing at all

nothing at all
UTC quote
Jimmy, what is a ripoff sebac?????
And where did you get it? I buy most of my stuff from Motorsports lately, max is the best

Chas[/quote]

i call it that cause it's that stupid red and white but not made by sebac.

it was combo deal i got at a local shop. 8)

i find out where to gettem,they're great.

any shock goes "flat " after awhile,so why pay alot.
thats the sebac with stock sleeves and white base painted black
thats the sebac with stock sleeves and white base painted black
@rover_eric avatar
UTC

@rover_eric avatar
UTC quote
That's true - they will go flat... but some are serviceable and thus reusable. Cheap ones are disposable.

Heck - even the original front and rear shocks on my GS / SS i serviced... putting in new fork oil when i rebuilt the bike.
@monza avatar
UTC

Addicted
63 VNB

Addicted
@monza avatar
63 VNB
UTC quote
daily rider ... Gabriel or Sebac (if you can get them)
perfomance machine ... Bitubo
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0593s ][ Queries: 12 (0.0333s) ][ Debug on ][ 313 ][ Thing One ]