@gatekeep avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
1974 Rally USA 200 1980 P200e

Molto Verboso
@gatekeep avatar
UTC quote
I feel improved performance since I changed Carbs. Its Quicker both in response and in gear changes. Also its much smoother cruising.

And I also removed that case to air box spacer.

Now for a upjet and Sito plus..
@danyouhandleit avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
1967 Gran Turismo 1963 Lambretta S3 TV175 1971 Rally 180

Molto Verboso
@danyouhandleit avatar
1967 Gran Turismo 1963 Lambretta S3 TV175 1971 Rally 180
UTC quote
With the new carb and upjetting, will there be a significant change in gas mileage?
@robbyrivai avatar
UTC

Hooked
Yamaha MIO :P

Hooked
@robbyrivai avatar
Yamaha MIO :P
UTC quote
Re: 24/24 is nicer then the 20/20
gatekeep wrote:
I feel improved performance since I changed Carbs. Its Quicker both in response and in gear changes. Also its much smoother cruising.

And I also removed that case to air box spacer.

Now for a upjet and Sito plus..
how about in term of fuel consumption? is it more efficient? or the opposite, coz I'm thinking to change 20/20 carb to 24/24 also

Thanks!
OP
@gatekeep avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso

Molto Verboso
@gatekeep avatar
UTC quote
I,m sure it will use a little more gas.But for me the the added performace out weighs the extra dollar I will spend.
I will do a miles test soon and get back to you..Brian
@rover_eric avatar
UTC

1965 Vespa SS180, 1963 Lambretta LI150

@rover_eric avatar
UTC quote
It will use more gas. It's a general rule that the bigger the venturi the worse the gas consumption.

And, if tuned right and balanced with the rest of your system, the better the performance.

Certain carbs ( like my Dellorto 25 phbl ) drink gas in comparison to carbs only slightly bigger or smaller. I'm sure there's some inherent inefficiencies in carb topology that contribute.
@provastian avatar
UTC

Hooked
1985 T5 Mk1, 1984 PX200 EFL

Hooked
@provastian avatar
1985 T5 Mk1, 1984 PX200 EFL
UTC quote
I get around 55/60 mpg on my PX200 with a 24/24 carb and standard pipe. Mileage varies greatly depending on how much I thrash it. I've never actually sat down and calculated it.

It will top out at about 70 mph under 'ideal' conditions.
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
UTC quote
Oh man...I really need to ditch my 20/20 and step up for the 24/24. My PX150 stock motor is very slow through out the gears. 1st and 2nd gear are almost useless. In 3rd gear it's very hard to get to 40mph! I am getting closer to 60mph (55-58mph) in 4th. I just need a little more power to get up the little hills around here and better acceleration through all gears.

So I need the 24/24, Sito, Upjet and I should be ok. Jez...more $ to spend
@rover_eric avatar
UTC

@rover_eric avatar
UTC quote
Yeah, but if you do the 24/24 and sito, you're at least ready for when you upgrade the top end. You can stick with both of those for most top-end configurations and still be ok.

And i'm not sure how a 24/24 on a PX150 + sito works.. It might be ok, but there's a point at which your carb is too big for the rest of your system, and the performance suffers. I'm sure someone with experience on that setup will chime in.
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
UTC quote
Really? So you think just the upjet and Sito should be enough? No need for the 24/24? I really want to stay away from kitting this thing. Since this is my daily rider to work I do need it to be closer to stock for reliability, but I do need to squeeze just a little more power out of the motor if I can with out compromising anything.
UTC

nothing at all

nothing at all
UTC quote
bbbbbbbbb[quote="VLBJS1"]Really? So you think just the upjet and Sito should be enough? No need for the 24/24? I really want to stay away from kitting this thing. Since this is my daily rider to work I do need it to be closer to stock for reliability, but I do need to squeeze just a little more power out of the motor if I can with out compromising anything.[/quote

------------------------------
i want to say that i don't buy into the 'kitted is not reliable' school.

i know i hav'nt been kitting and working on scoots as longf as some others,but i think if a kit is done well that it is a reliable runner-daily.

my prokit bike is a fast-first kick-daily rider,period.

ported italian cases with malossi kit
hot rod lightend and balanced flywheel
mazzuchelli crank
stock clutch
t5 carb injected(i recently plugged it)
jl rh pipe
other stuff not motor related
⚠️ Last edited by jimmyb865 on UTC; edited 1 time
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
UTC quote
[quote="jimmyb865"]
VLBJS1 wrote:
Really? So you think just the upjet and Sito should be enough? No need for the 24/24? I really want to stay away from kitting this thing. Since this is my daily rider to work I do need it to be closer to stock for reliability, but I do need to squeeze just a little more power out of the motor if I can with out compromising anything.[/quote

------------------------------
i want to say that i don't buy into the 'kitted is not reliable' school.

i know i hav'nt been kitting and working on scoots as longf as some others,but i think if a kit is done well that it is a reliable runner-daily.

my prokit bike is a fast-first kick-daily rider,period.

ported italian cases with malossi kit
hot rod lightend and balanced flywheel
stock clutch
t5 carb injected(i recently plugged it)
jl rh pipe
other stuff not motor related
I think this argument can go either way. BUT for ME..I want to remain stock as much as possible with just a few simple mods that will get me a slightly better power ban across all gears that's all. I'm sure a properly done kitted bike would be just as reliable, but I for one cannot take that chance.
OP
@gatekeep avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso

Molto Verboso
@gatekeep avatar
UTC quote
What do i need for a top end upgrade?
Rover Eric wrote:
Yeah, but if you do the 24/24 and sito, you're at least ready for when you upgrade the top end. You can stick with both of those for most top-end configurations and still be ok.

And i'm not sure how a 24/24 on a PX150 + sito works.. It might be ok, but there's a point at which your carb is too big for the rest of your system, and the performance suffers. I'm sure someone with experience on that setup will chime in.
@jeremy_w avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
79 P200e, 81 100 Sport

Molto Verboso
@jeremy_w avatar
79 P200e, 81 100 Sport
UTC quote
gatekeep wrote:
What do i need for a top end upgrade?
I don't think you "need" a top end upgrade, unless you've pulled the top and it's shot. I think rocking a 24/24 and a sito+ is a respectable, reliable P2.

I think Eric is just saying that set up has you ready for a top end upgrade when you're ready.
UTC

nothing at all

nothing at all
UTC quote
you absolutley have to listen to others,but at the same time others who have kitted there bikes may have made mistakes.

lets be perfectly clear when we say kitted i mean tuned as well.

i had nothing to do with my tuned motor which is why it is reliable.

with that said i will definitley never change a pair of stock italian cases again,never.

now vlb,there is an option that we have not discussed much around here and i have had the work done and it is the reason why i am selling my kitted bike.(the other reason is i need the cash more than three bikes)

the other option is what fullerton calls a 'super stock'(a great stock upgrade option)

it includes a machined head from hot rod
lightend and balanced fly from c lawrence
jug ports opened and piston tweaked
sito plus pipe

my anti-kit bike is a eye opener and i will never buy a aftermarket kit again.

i am sold on old school tweaking.

you have to remember that chris lawrence has been tweaking 2t's for years.

give him a call and see what he suggest.

he has a menu of tunes for you.

kinda like itunes for bikes.

he can be your performance dj
UTC

Hooked
'78 P200E, 2009 TMax, 2009 S150

Hooked
'78 P200E, 2009 TMax, 2009 S150
UTC quote
Px 150 with 24/24 is a good thing
If you are looking for better pep and pick up, I'd recommend the 24/24 over the 20/20.
My friend Joe put a 24/24 on his 2005 PX150 after he put the Le vince pipe (rightside) on it, and it really made a difference in my opinion. The throttle response is much better than with the 20/20. the 20/20 was ok but sluggish
compared to the quick throttle response with the 24/24.
He jetted the 24/24 like my stock P.
My p200e has the 24/24 and stock pipe and it rolls quite well, on the road with other scooters I keep up with the GTS 250's except on top end. Another time I was riding on a long ride with another stock PX150 and he could hardly keep up with me, against the wind and all on the open road.
And at Amerivespa on the long ride I was able to keep up with the pack of 250's no problem except again for flat out top end.
Laughing emoticon
For an old rat bike my P200 hangs in there well.....Stock. I figure if it ain't broke, don't fix it....when it does break, I'll get a 210 kit and pipe then.
@nola_john avatar
UTC

Addicted
GTS, PX125E, P200

Addicted
@nola_john avatar
GTS, PX125E, P200
UTC quote
Re: Px 150 with 24/24 is a good thing
Chas in NOLA wrote:
If you are looking for better pep and pick up, I'd recommend the 24/24 over the 20/20.
My friend Joe put a 24/24 on his 2005 PX150 after he put the Le vince pipe (rightside) on it, and it really made a difference in my opinion. The throttle response is much better than with the 20/20. the 20/20 was ok but sluggish
compared to the quick throttle response with the 24/24.
He jetted the 24/24 like my stock P.
My p200e has the 24/24 and stock pipe and it rolls quite well, on the road with other scooters I keep up with the GTS 250's except on top end. Another time I was riding on a long ride with another stock PX150 and he could hardly keep up with me, against the wind and all on the open road.
And at Amerivespa on the long ride I was able to keep up with the pack of 250's no problem except again for flat out top end.
Laughing emoticon
For an old rat bike my P200 hangs in there well.....Stock. I figure if it ain't broke, don't fix it....when it does break, I'll get a 210 kit and pipe then.
Chas, you know I am going to be hitting you and Joe up in the near future for my PX. Don't say you haven't been warned!!
@mike_z avatar
UTC

Addicted
1958 Lambretta LI 190, 1968 Vespa Rally 180, 2005 Sym HD200

Addicted
@mike_z avatar
1958 Lambretta LI 190, 1968 Vespa Rally 180, 2005 Sym HD200
UTC quote
VLBJS1 wrote:
Oh man...I really need to ditch my 20/20 and step up for the 24/24. My PX150 stock motor is very slow through out the gears. 1st and 2nd gear are almost useless. In 3rd gear it's very hard to get to 40mph! I am getting closer to 60mph (55-58mph) in 4th. I just need a little more power to get up the little hills around here and better acceleration through all gears.

a 24/24 on a stock barreled 150 will not improve performance in fact it will probably not run well. Your numbers sound about right for a PX150, maybe a little slow. What pipe is on there? Is it the catalyzed/restricted stock pipe? Just put a Sito + on it and jet accordingly
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
UTC quote
Mike Z wrote:
VLBJS1 wrote:

a 24/24 on a stock barreled 150 will not improve performance in fact it will probably not run well. Your numbers sound about right for a PX150, maybe a little slow. What pipe is on there? Is it the catalyzed/restricted stock pipe? Just put a Sito + on it and jet accordingly
Thank you very much for that! I was racking my brain about the 24/24. I guess IF I were to kit the engine..then I would need the 24/24. Yeah...it's got the stock pipe on it..super restrictive. So Sito and upject it is! Thanks again.
OP
@gatekeep avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso

Molto Verboso
@gatekeep avatar
UTC quote
I Righteously Rocked!! a 118 jet with my New Sito + today much better on the end of the gears. 8)
Took my eight yr. old and I about 30 min. to complete the install .

I recommend this pipe to all who can fit it with a 24/24 carb.!!

I also think that old P200 pipe fits My Rally too
@rover_eric avatar
UTC

@rover_eric avatar
UTC quote
gatekeep wrote:
I also think that old P200 pipe fits My Rally too
It does. Same stub size / angle on the exhaust manifold.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0461s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0147s) ][ Debug on ][ 313 ][ Thing One ]