OP
UTC

Addicted
250 Super

Addicted
250 Super
UTC quote
I've searched for clearance issues with the Sito Plus exhaust. Most indicated there would be a problem with 8" wheels, or riding two up on left turns. I've installed a Sito Plus on my Rally 200, and in addition to hitting the ground on left turns, it also interferes with the center stand retracting. The rubber boot and the stand leg both hang up on the seam/lip of the exhaust. I've tried grinding some of the lip away, but don't want to get too carried away in case it's a welded seam.

The stand I'm using is #91047 from Scooterworks. After a few cycles of the stand, the exhaust has cut through the side of the rubber boot so the boot now falls off. Is there any option other than a side stand and keeping the Sito Plus? I measured the stands on my VBB and P-200 and they seem to be about 1/2-3/4" wider than the new one on the Rally. Would bending the new one slightly work? Or, are there other stands that are wider to begin with? The new one is also much harder to find with your foot when it's stowed and trying to park.
UTC

UTC quote
last i remember, scooterworks doesnt sell 8 inch centerstands anymore, right? ive heard people buy a 10 inch one and cut them down to fit. ive never done it, so i dont know if there are clearance issues? anyone else done this?
@kylesalter avatar
UTC

Hooked
vespas, lambrettas, cushman, and mopeds

Hooked
@kylesalter avatar
UTC quote
Due to my big size. 240 and 6'3" i had the same problem until I drilled another hole above the original hole to raise the sito almost 2". I barely ever hits now.
@kylesalter avatar
UTC

Hooked

Hooked
@kylesalter avatar
UTC quote
heres a pic
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
@killo avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
I have a few scooters....

Ossessionato
@killo avatar
I have a few scooters....
UTC quote
kyle.salter wrote:
heres a pic
Didn't that misallign your connection to the exhaust stub?
@kylesalter avatar
UTC

Hooked

Hooked
@kylesalter avatar
UTC quote
it didnt move that much. almost a year on it and works great
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
OP
UTC

Addicted
250 Super

Addicted
250 Super
UTC quote
kyle.salter wrote:
Due to my big size. 240 and 6'3" i had the same problem until I drilled another hole above the original hole to raise the sito almost 2". I barely ever hits now.
How did the bolt alignment work with the captive nut on the front side of the engine case mounting arm?

Also, would elongating the hole allow the exhaust to move more to the engine side, providing more clearance for the center stand on the left side?
@kylesalter avatar
UTC

Hooked

Hooked
@kylesalter avatar
UTC quote
my bolt on my vlb doesnt go all the way through. its only on one side.
@andrea avatar
UTC

Sponsor
DL200, TV2, Vega, Lui, GTS

Sponsor
@andrea avatar
DL200, TV2, Vega, Lui, GTS
UTC quote
The way an exhaust mounts on a rally 200 is different to the way an exhaust mounts on a P200, which is what that sito plus is meant for. That causes it to hang a little lower.

Even though the rally 200 has 10" wheels, the stand is different, so that can cause other problems.

If you want to use the sito plus with your rally you'll have to do what us English call a bit of fettling to make it fit in a way you're happy with.
@lauraalonso avatar
UTC

Hooked
2010 GTS 300 Super

Hooked
@lauraalonso avatar
2010 GTS 300 Super
UTC quote
Killo wrote:
Didn't that misallign your connection to the exhaust stub?
Killo, can you please check your Private Messages here on Modern Vespa.
Thanks, Laura
@the_deacon avatar
UTC

Enthusiast
'76 Rally

Enthusiast
@the_deacon avatar
'76 Rally
UTC quote
hey Andrea does someone repop the stock rally exhaust? I'm a bit nervous riding 2 up with the sito after all these clearence problem posts.
OP
UTC

Addicted
250 Super

Addicted
250 Super
UTC quote
Andrea wrote:
The way an exhaust mounts on a rally 200 is different to the way an exhaust mounts on a P200, which is what that sito plus is meant for. That causes it to hang a little lower.

Even though the rally 200 has 10" wheels, the stand is different, so that can cause other problems.

If you want to use the sito plus with your rally you'll have to do what us English call a bit of fettling to make it fit in a way you're happy with.
Just a little fettling on the stand to widen it out worked for that clearance issue. I see that a couple of the parts places online have rally 200 exhausts available, but they are more expensive than the P200 exhausts. Is the difference in how low they hang? It's looking like it's going to be back to stock so I can go around left hand turns without hitting.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0742s ][ Queries: 16 (0.0468s) ][ Debug on ][ 313 ][ Thing One ]