et4 ignition switch
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion
Hooked
Px200 disk, honda cb500 twin
Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:30 pm quote
got an et4 leader today, I think i need an ignition switch for it, some advice would be appreciated, so basically to start the engine you need to join 2 bare wires behind the horn cover AND have a chipped key present in the barrel, barrel is ther and working fine with a key but the electronic portion of it is missing(steering wont lock or glovebox open either, no i thought the ignition switch might just be a 2 wire job but then i seen a wiring diagram

http://manuals.wotmeworry.org.uk/ET4/et4-wiringdiagram.jpg

my understanding of this diagram is that if the ignition switch is absent then the immobiliser wont let the bike start,

i forget what colours i was joining and will check tomorrow as its dark now, is this diagram for a leader, pre leader, or both?

help where to get the spares ( if nesscesary) greatly appreciated.
Hooked
Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:14 am quote

heres the problem in its glory now that i managed to get the glovebox open to remove the panel. so the to wires simply go back into the loom, now im very confused unless there is a 2 wire ignition switch availible, with those disconnected it acts as ignition completley off (immobiliser led flashing) and connected as it being on, (LED solid or no flash depending on if i have the key near) engine runs like this with the key in the barreland on the sensor

so help appreciated, is it a 2 wire ignition switch or do i seem to be missing the other wires from the switch?
also where would i replace the switch?
Moderaptor
2xGP800, Fuoco, The Hornet (GT200, aka Love Bug), 'Olive' (GT200) and 'Dimples' - a GTS 300
Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:10 am quote
The ignition diagrams for both Leader and pre-Leader can be found here in the info_manual_2.pdf (page 6 and page 27):
http://www.wotmeworry.org.uk/manuals/useful%20info/

The wiring diagram you referenced is evidently for the pre-Leader model, yours sounds like a Leader - the number of wires and the colours match.
Hooked
Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:52 am quote
aye mines a leader, just looked at your diagram jimc and it has saved me a lot of headache as it is infact a 2 wire ign switch, where would i pick up one of these or is it a matter of searching the breakers?
Moderaptor
2xGP800, Fuoco, The Hornet (GT200, aka Love Bug), 'Olive' (GT200) and 'Dimples' - a GTS 300
Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:28 pm quote
Breakers, or a new one from a dealer - I'm pretty sure the switch assembly is a separate part from all the other key gubbins. BICBW...

If the key turns the barrel and 'locks on' then a microswitch and a relay could probably be bodged to work. Or just any old SPST switch placed somewhere discreet - perhaps a jack-plug that you insert. Did that on a car once, worked a treat.
Hooked
Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:04 pm quote
my thoughts exactly, might sell it on though so will see
2015 Spring Gathering - Little Switzerland, NC   vespa scooterwest scooter west Motorsport Scooters   Yelcome Leather Top Cases and Roll Bags for Piaggio Vespa PX LX LXV GTS GTV
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion
[ Time: 0.1458s ][ Queries: 32 (0.0893s) ][ Debug on ]