et4 ignition switch
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion
Hooked
Px200 disk, honda cb500 twin
Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:30 pm quote
got an et4 leader today, I think i need an ignition switch for it, some advice would be appreciated, so basically to start the engine you need to join 2 bare wires behind the horn cover AND have a chipped key present in the barrel, barrel is ther and working fine with a key but the electronic portion of it is missing(steering wont lock or glovebox open either, no i thought the ignition switch might just be a 2 wire job but then i seen a wiring diagram

http://manuals.wotmeworry.org.uk/ET4/et4-wiringdiagram.jpg

my understanding of this diagram is that if the ignition switch is absent then the immobiliser wont let the bike start,

i forget what colours i was joining and will check tomorrow as its dark now, is this diagram for a leader, pre leader, or both?

help where to get the spares ( if nesscesary) greatly appreciated.
Hooked
Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:14 am quote

heres the problem in its glory now that i managed to get the glovebox open to remove the panel. so the to wires simply go back into the loom, now im very confused unless there is a 2 wire ignition switch availible, with those disconnected it acts as ignition completley off (immobiliser led flashing) and connected as it being on, (LED solid or no flash depending on if i have the key near) engine runs like this with the key in the barreland on the sensor

so help appreciated, is it a 2 wire ignition switch or do i seem to be missing the other wires from the switch?
also where would i replace the switch?
Moderaptor
2xGP800, Fuoco, X9 500 Evo, The Hornet (GT200, aka Love Bug), 'Olive' (GT200) and 'Dimples' - a GTS 300
Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:10 am quote
The ignition diagrams for both Leader and pre-Leader can be found here in the info_manual_2.pdf (page 6 and page 27):
http://www.wotmeworry.org.uk/manuals/useful%20info/

The wiring diagram you referenced is evidently for the pre-Leader model, yours sounds like a Leader - the number of wires and the colours match.
Hooked
Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:52 am quote
aye mines a leader, just looked at your diagram jimc and it has saved me a lot of headache as it is infact a 2 wire ign switch, where would i pick up one of these or is it a matter of searching the breakers?
Moderaptor
2xGP800, Fuoco, X9 500 Evo, The Hornet (GT200, aka Love Bug), 'Olive' (GT200) and 'Dimples' - a GTS 300
Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:28 pm quote
Breakers, or a new one from a dealer - I'm pretty sure the switch assembly is a separate part from all the other key gubbins. BICBW...

If the key turns the barrel and 'locks on' then a microswitch and a relay could probably be bodged to work. Or just any old SPST switch placed somewhere discreet - perhaps a jack-plug that you insert. Did that on a car once, worked a treat.
Hooked
Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:04 pm quote
my thoughts exactly, might sell it on though so will see
Rallies Europe 2014   vespa scooterwest scooter west Motorsport Scooters   Yelcome Leather Top Cases and Roll Bags for Piaggio Vespa PX LX LXV GTS GTV
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion
[ Time: 0.2852s ][ Queries: 33 (0.1265s) ][ Debug on ]