What you listening to ??
Post Reply    Forum -> Not-So-Modern Previous1234...717273Next
Author Message
Hooked
GTS 300 Super, and a fleet of Ps
Joined: 23 Jul 2008
Posts: 375
Location: West Des Moines, IA
Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:21 pm quote
The new Rancid - Let the Dominoes Fall

it is great!
Moderibbit
1980 P200E - "Old Rusty", 1976 ET3 Primavera
Joined: 12 Jun 2008
Posts: 8129
Location: Atlanta, GA
Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:23 pm quote
Behind Blue Eyes - The Who
Hooked
1985 T5 Mk1, 1984 PX200 EFL
Joined: 25 Mar 2008
Posts: 426
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:37 pm quote
T5bitsa69 wrote:
Minor Threat - Guilty of Being White
Theres a band I haven't thought of in years! That takes me back it does.....
Ossessionato
Joined: 23 Sep 2008
Posts: 2633

Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:46 pm quote
Provastian wrote:
T5bitsa69 wrote:
Minor Threat - Guilty of Being White
Theres a band I haven't thought of in years! That takes me back it does.....
Salad Days is my fav song by them
Hooked
Joined: 22 Feb 2009
Posts: 310
Location: Ex-Pat Brit in San Diego
Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:46 pm quote
Motorhead - Overkill
Ossessionato
ET2, PX150
Joined: 15 Jun 2007
Posts: 3410
Location: Denver CO
Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:48 pm quote
VLBJS1 wrote:
Provastian wrote:
T5bitsa69 wrote:
Minor Threat - Guilty of Being White
Theres a band I haven't thought of in years! That takes me back it does.....
Salad Days is my fav song by them
I Don't Want To Hear It is still one of my favorite songs....Salad Days is up there too.

Head Chest Foot- Propaghandi
Veni, Vidi, Posti
px200 cutdown,px180,px150. Puch SR. Puch scooterette
Joined: 08 Apr 2009
Posts: 5109
Location: west aus
Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:42 pm quote
watulistningto
patti smith, doing a cover of ,smells like teen spirit lol
Ossessionato
ET2, PX150
Joined: 15 Jun 2007
Posts: 3410
Location: Denver CO
Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:04 pm quote
Re: watulistningto
joshzingzing wrote:
patti smith, doing a cover of ,smells like teen spirit lol
Ok, I have a weird obsession with strange covers of good songs (pietasters doing under my thumb for example) ...thought I had that one and I don't. Damn.

Listening to the girl play RockBand.
Molto Verboso
Current: 2004 GT 200 & 1976 150 Sprint V Previous: VS5 GS 150, 1974 Rally 200
Joined: 29 Apr 2006
Posts: 1946
Location: Oakland. 1000 posts, only 10 of any value
Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:34 pm quote
nigelthefish wrote:
VLBJS1 wrote:
Provastian wrote:
T5bitsa69 wrote:
Minor Threat - Guilty of Being White
Theres a band I haven't thought of in years! That takes me back it does.....
Salad Days is my fav song by them
I Don't Want To Hear It is still one of my favorite songs....Salad Days is up there too.

Head Chest Foot- Propaghandi
Red, I'm seeing Red!!!
Veni, Vidi, Posti
px200 cutdown,px180,px150. Puch SR. Puch scooterette
Joined: 08 Apr 2009
Posts: 5109
Location: west aus
Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:04 pm quote
covers
hey nigel if you like wierd covers maybe youd like the album
its called patti smith TWELVE ( its twelve covers)
1are you experienced
2evrybody wants to rule the world
3helpless
4gimme shelter
bla bla i cant be bothered typing the lot neway it s called twelve

ill burn the album for you if ya want -cant be much to post a cd to america but itd probly take about 3 years to get there

what do i do when ive drunk all the beerslol
Veni, Vidi, Posti
px200 cutdown,px180,px150. Puch SR. Puch scooterette
Joined: 08 Apr 2009
Posts: 5109
Location: west aus
Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:25 pm quote
neil young harvest moon oh no
Veni, Vidi, Posti
px200 cutdown,px180,px150. Puch SR. Puch scooterette
Joined: 08 Apr 2009
Posts: 5109
Location: west aus
Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:35 pm quote
sonic youth -goo
Veni, Vidi, Posti
px200 cutdown,px180,px150. Puch SR. Puch scooterette
Joined: 08 Apr 2009
Posts: 5109
Location: west aus
Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:11 am quote
creedence
Hooked
Super 150
Joined: 19 May 2009
Posts: 292
Location: Southeast, GA
Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:46 am quote
The song de jour for me is Dr Hook - On the Cover of the Rolling Stone. I heard it last night and it just won't go away. Probably because it's an AWESOME SONG!
Ossessionato
Joined: 23 Sep 2008
Posts: 2633

Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:58 am quote
Nekromantix - Brain Error
Hooked
Joined: 22 Feb 2009
Posts: 310
Location: Ex-Pat Brit in San Diego
Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:19 am quote
The Lyres - On Fyre
Hooked
Super 150
Joined: 19 May 2009
Posts: 292
Location: Southeast, GA
Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:20 am quote
VLBJS1 wrote:
Nekromantix - Brain Error


I forgot about them. They're so good! Driller Killer is an awesome song. I love it because I support dental practice management software, so I talk to crazy dentists every day!
Moderator
PX150 and 1 drowned P200,
Joined: 28 May 2008
Posts: 3877
Location: Hustletown, TX
Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:23 am quote
Today's flavor: The Cramps - Bad Music for Bad People.
Ossessionato
Joined: 23 Sep 2008
Posts: 2633

Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:37 am quote
Birdsnest wrote:
Today's flavor: The Cramps - Bad Music for Bad People.
I absolutley LOVE The Cramps! Great song!

cramps_1.jpg

Ossessionato
Joined: 23 Sep 2008
Posts: 2633

Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:38 am quote
Dullivan wrote:
VLBJS1 wrote:
Nekromantix - Brain Error


I forgot about them. They're so good! Driller Killer is an awesome song. I love it because I support dental practice management software, so I talk to crazy dentists every day!
They are better live. Just wish they could tour the US more often
Hooked
Joined: 22 Feb 2009
Posts: 310
Location: Ex-Pat Brit in San Diego
Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:08 am quote
VLBJS1 wrote:
Dullivan wrote:
VLBJS1 wrote:
Nekromantix - Brain Error


I forgot about them. They're so good! Driller Killer is an awesome song. I love it because I support dental practice management software, so I talk to crazy dentists every day!
They are better live. Just wish they could tour the US more often
They're currently touring the US

Jul 6 2009 8:00P
Great American Music Hall San Francisco, California
Jul 7 2009 8:00P
Great American Music Hall San Francisco
Jul 8 2009 8:00P
Grand Sierra Resort Reno, Nevada
Jul 9 2009 8:00P
Wonder Ballroom Portland, Oregon
Jul 10 2009 8:00P
Showbox Theatre seattle, Washington
Jul 11 2009 8:00P
Showbox Theater Seattle, Washington
Jul 14 2009 8:00P
Knitting Factory Spokane, Washington
Jul 15 2009 8:00P
Wilma Theatre Missoula, Montana
Jul 16 2009 8:00P
Knitting Factory Boise, Idaho
Jul 17 2009 8:00P
Depot Salt Lake City, Utah
Jul 18 2009 8:00P
Ghost Town Saloon Steamboat, Colorado
Jul 20 2009 8:00P
First Avenue Minneapolis, Minnesota
Jul 21 2009 8:00P
The Majestic Madison, Wisconsin
Jul 22 2009 8:00P
Miramar Theater Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Jul 23 2009 8:00P
Pop’s Sauget, Illinois
Jul 24 2009 8:00P
Crossroads Kansas City, Missouri
Jul 25 2009 8:00P
House Of Blues Dallas
Jul 26 2009 8:00P
The Conservatory Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Jul 28 2009 8:00P
Farmington Farmington, NM, New Mexico
Jul 29 2009 8:00P
Nakai hall/Navajo Nation Window Rock NAVAJO NATION, Arizona
Jul 30 2009 8:00P
Club House Tempe, Arizona
Oct 30 2009 8:00P
House Of Blues Hollywood, California
Oct 31 2009 8:00P
Fox Theater Pomona, California
Ossessionato
Joined: 23 Sep 2008
Posts: 2633

Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:12 am quote
steelcap wrote:
VLBJS1 wrote:
Dullivan wrote:
VLBJS1 wrote:
Nekromantix - Brain Error


I forgot about them. They're so good! Driller Killer is an awesome song. I love it because I support dental practice management software, so I talk to crazy dentists every day!
They are better live. Just wish they could tour the US more often
They're currently touring the US

Jul 6 2009 8:00P
Great American Music Hall San Francisco, California
Jul 7 2009 8:00P
Great American Music Hall San Francisco
Jul 8 2009 8:00P
Grand Sierra Resort Reno, Nevada
Jul 9 2009 8:00P
Wonder Ballroom Portland, Oregon
Jul 10 2009 8:00P
Showbox Theatre seattle, Washington
Jul 11 2009 8:00P
Showbox Theater Seattle, Washington
Jul 14 2009 8:00P
Knitting Factory Spokane, Washington
Jul 15 2009 8:00P
Wilma Theatre Missoula, Montana
Jul 16 2009 8:00P
Knitting Factory Boise, Idaho
Jul 17 2009 8:00P
Depot Salt Lake City, Utah
Jul 18 2009 8:00P
Ghost Town Saloon Steamboat, Colorado
Jul 20 2009 8:00P
First Avenue Minneapolis, Minnesota
Jul 21 2009 8:00P
The Majestic Madison, Wisconsin
Jul 22 2009 8:00P
Miramar Theater Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Jul 23 2009 8:00P
Pop’s Sauget, Illinois
Jul 24 2009 8:00P
Crossroads Kansas City, Missouri
Jul 25 2009 8:00P
House Of Blues Dallas
Jul 26 2009 8:00P
The Conservatory Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Jul 28 2009 8:00P
Farmington Farmington, NM, New Mexico
Jul 29 2009 8:00P
Nakai hall/Navajo Nation Window Rock NAVAJO NATION, Arizona
Jul 30 2009 8:00P
Club House Tempe, Arizona
Oct 30 2009 8:00P
House Of Blues Hollywood, California
Oct 31 2009 8:00P
Fox Theater Pomona, California
It's about TIME! I will go the night before Halloween in H-Wood! Lets GO!
Hooked
Joined: 22 Feb 2009
Posts: 310
Location: Ex-Pat Brit in San Diego
Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:17 am quote
VLBJS1 wrote:
Lets GO!
I stopped going to see them when my friend Pete left the band.
Ossessionato
Joined: 23 Sep 2008
Posts: 2633

Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:50 am quote
Ken, Troy and James...who the hell is Pete?
nothing at all
Joined: 14 Nov 2008
Posts: 9657
Location: westla
Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:53 am quote
knights of cydonia

muse

Last edited by jimmyb865 on Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Hooked
Joined: 22 Feb 2009
Posts: 310
Location: Ex-Pat Brit in San Diego
Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:18 am quote
VLBJS1 wrote:
Ken, Troy and James...who the hell is Pete?
Peter Sandorff – guitar, backing vocals (1989–1993, 1997–2005)

He was the orginal guitarist and played on Hellbound, Curse of the coffin, Dead Girls Don't Cry and Return of the loving dead.

He didn't make the move to LA with Kim and stayed in Denmark.

Currently he's in a few bands - one being Hola Ghost - they did the sound track for Gris Grimley's movie Cannibal Flesh Riot.



In fact I'm listening to that right now
Ossessionato
Joined: 23 Sep 2008
Posts: 2633

Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:20 am quote
steelcap wrote:
VLBJS1 wrote:
Ken, Troy and James...who the hell is Pete?
Peter Sandorff – guitar, backing vocals (1989–1993, 1997–2005)

He was the orginal guitarist and played on Hellbound, Curse of the coffin, Dead Girls Don't Cry and Return of the loving dead.

He didn't make the move to LA with Kim and stayed in Denmark.

Currently he's in a few bands - one being Hola Ghost - they did the sound track for Gris Grimley's movie Cannibal Flesh Riot.




In fact I'm listening to that right now
HA..forgot all about him! He is your mate? That's rad!
Hooked
Joined: 22 Feb 2009
Posts: 310
Location: Ex-Pat Brit in San Diego
Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:25 am quote
VLBJS1 wrote:
HA..forgot all about him! He is your mate? That's rad!
I think the psychobilly scene (apart from the kiddies under 21) is probably smaller than the scooter scene. Everyone knows everyone else.
Ossessionato
Joined: 23 Sep 2008
Posts: 2633

Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:31 am quote
Mark

Check these guys out The Black Rose Phantoms the album is called "Beyond the Wall of Sleep"

Evil Never dies and We Will Meet Again are really good tracks...check them out!
Hooked
Joined: 22 Feb 2009
Posts: 310
Location: Ex-Pat Brit in San Diego
Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:48 am quote
VLBJS1 wrote:
Mark

Check these guys out The Black Rose Phantoms the album is called "Beyond the Wall of Sleep"

Evil Never dies and We Will Meet Again are really good tracks...check them out!
Saw them a few years ago - not really my thing. I like a bit more billy and a little less psycho.

Now listening to Frenzy - Hall of Mirrors
WHOoligan
1985 PX200E Arcobaleno : 2010/14 GTS300 S: RIP GTS250 @ 40K
Joined: 25 Oct 2007
Posts: 6695
Location: Los Angeles Kings, Stanley Cup Champions X2
Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:52 am quote
Birdsnest wrote:
Today's flavor: The Cramps - Bad Music for Bad People.
Great album and they rocked live.
Hooked
2007 px200 1968 rally 180 1960 Li150 s2
Joined: 26 Aug 2008
Posts: 426
Location: melbourne
Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:53 am quote
elvis costello- no action
Veni, Vidi, Posti
T5s
Joined: 19 Feb 2009
Posts: 17006
Location: The West Of Yorkshire ... Gods Country
Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:01 pm quote
you lot got me thinking so I went on you tube and................ King Kurt - Destination Zululand
Veni, Vidi, Posti
T5s
Joined: 19 Feb 2009
Posts: 17006
Location: The West Of Yorkshire ... Gods Country
Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:12 pm quote
Still on youtube ..........................

We've Gotta Fuzzbox And We're Gonna Use It - Console Me
Hooked
Joined: 22 Feb 2009
Posts: 310
Location: Ex-Pat Brit in San Diego
Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:27 pm quote
T5bitsa69 wrote:
Still on youtube ..........................

We've Gotta Fuzzbox And We're Gonna Use It - Console Me
Shame they went all pop with that Thunderbirds crap
Veni, Vidi, Posti
T5s
Joined: 19 Feb 2009
Posts: 17006
Location: The West Of Yorkshire ... Gods Country
Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:37 pm quote
steelcap wrote:
T5bitsa69 wrote:
Still on youtube ..........................

We've Gotta Fuzzbox And We're Gonna Use It - Console Me
Shame they went all pop with that Thunderbirds crap
thats when they became fuzzbox and stopped using them gave up on them then. Still got all their early vinyl
Hooked
Cosa and P200E
Joined: 25 Mar 2009
Posts: 204
Location: Spain
Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:46 pm quote
King Kurt!

MMMhhhh!

Vague memory of seeing them play in the Bay Hotel, Gourock, Scotland.
Checked the gig guide for 1984. They were there and I lived around the corner. Quite possible I saw King Kurt live.

Hup! Diddly hurahh! Ehhh!
Hooked
Joined: 22 Feb 2009
Posts: 310
Location: Ex-Pat Brit in San Diego
Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:49 pm quote
Guana Batz - Held down to vinyl ... at last
nothing at all
Joined: 14 Nov 2008
Posts: 9657
Location: westla
Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:50 pm quote
palladins

all time favorite sd band

too bad you all wer'nt around in 1980

scooters - clove cigs - el cajon 4 wheelers runnin you off the road

those were the days
Ossessionato
Joined: 23 Sep 2008
Posts: 2633

Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:53 pm quote
jimmyb865 wrote:
palladins

all time favorite sd band

too bad you all wer'nt around in 1980

scooters - clove cigs - el cajon 4 wheelers runnin you off the road

those were the days
El Cajon is another planet..no where near SD!
Scooting the Ozarks is a scooter rally held in Eureka Springs, Arkansas offering riders scenic twisty rides, poker run, and more.   Vespa Wasp Pin Badges   AF1 Racing Vespa Austin
Post Reply    Forum -> Not-So-Modern Previous1234...717273Next
[ Time: 0.5123s ][ Queries: 25 (0.0708s) ][ Debug on ]