Deal O' The Day
Post Reply    Forum -> Not-So-Modern Previous123...151152153154Next
Author Message
Hooked
BV350 ABS
Joined: 16 Jul 2018
Posts: 106
Location: NYC
Ossessionato
1980 P200E, 1974 Primavera, 04 Ninja 250
Joined: 04 Apr 2013
Posts: 3990
Location: San Diego, CA
Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:33 am quote
Re: If your summer needs a project - $750 asking price
hell yeah, nice one - someone go get it
Enthusiast
GTS 250 sold, 81 p125x sold, 1970 Sprint
Joined: 27 Apr 2012
Posts: 87
Location: Northwest PA
Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:49 pm quote
100 for $500
https://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/mcy/d/decatur-vespa-vintage-100-sport-malossi/6897963764.html


Not running

Parts plus extra parts

2 brand new racing tires

Malossi kit
Veni, Vidi, Posti
74 50s x3 78 P200 84 Cosa 58 AllState 68 Sprint 80 50special + projects
Joined: 22 Nov 2010
Posts: 7339
Location: seattle/athens
Sat Jun 22, 2019 3:27 am quote
This is probably an OK deal if you're looking for a hard to find GS150 motor
https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/mpo/d/kent-vespa-gs150-vba-125-engine-front/6914245479.html
Quote:
Package deal $500 cash buys everything. If you want 1 engine only then $250.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
74 50s x3 78 P200 84 Cosa 58 AllState 68 Sprint 80 50special + projects
Joined: 22 Nov 2010
Posts: 7339
Location: seattle/athens
Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:59 am quote
Deal O' The Day only if you just hit the lotto .
But thought you'd enjoy the opportunity to consider a mint example of perhaps the Top Dog shifty that Vespa ever made:



Available here: FS VESPA PX200 CALIFORNIA
Molto Verboso
Joined: 26 Oct 2015
Posts: 1825

Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:09 am quote
V oodoo wrote:
Deal O' The Day only if you just hit the lotto .
But thought you'd enjoy the opportunity to consider a mint example of perhaps the Top Dog shifty that Vespa ever made:



Available here: FS VESPA PX200 CALIFORNIA
Iíve always wondered if those Ď05 PX200ís sell for anywhere near asking price. Are they worth it?...well thatís up to the prospective buyer. A low mile Ď05 PX150 can be had for about $2k USD. I guess that leaves an extra $2500 to buy PX200 cases, a stock cylinder and piston, and a crankshaft. Iíve built 2 PX150ís into PX200ís, and they are the catís meow. It is always fun to see a genuine PX200 though. They seem to pop up every 3-4 years for sale. There wasnít too many that got snuck into the states...maybe like 30 or so?
Ossessionato
Joined: 22 Oct 2011
Posts: 4045
Location: Tega Cay, SC
Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:33 am quote
Maybe not a true DoTD, but a local has a 2003 stock Stella, (cat exhaust, jetting) about 5K miles, a few scrapes on the panels for $1,000. I checked it out, runs fine, needs a battery and tires. Just thought I would pass it along.... this is in Charlotte, NC.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
74 50s x3 78 P200 84 Cosa 58 AllState 68 Sprint 80 50special + projects
Joined: 22 Nov 2010
Posts: 7339
Location: seattle/athens
Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:43 pm quote
Here's that impossible to find smallframe battery door!
Dunno if it's that great of a deal at $1000, but a decent scooter is included



Seller describes as a 'P100' and also as an '81 Primavera. Scruffy, but looks low mile to me.
https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/mcy/d/seattle-vespa-p100-project/6944427291.html
Molto Verboso
Joined: 26 Oct 2015
Posts: 1825

Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:16 pm quote
I love the mismatched front turn signal lenses!
Ossessionato
1976 Super (x 2), 1974 Primavera (x 2), 2006 Fly 150
Joined: 26 Sep 2013
Posts: 4887
Location: So Cal
Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:21 pm quote
Nice.. itís a 100 Sport. Has the telltale ďdual gemĒ headset... and coveted battery door.
Hooked
58 VB1T, 81 100 Sport
Joined: 06 May 2019
Posts: 171
Location: Long Beach, CA
Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:35 pm quote
SoCalGuy wrote:
Nice.. itís a 100 Sport. Has the telltale ďdual gemĒ headset... and coveted battery door.
I want it! lol
Veni, Vidi, Posti
74 50s x3 78 P200 84 Cosa 58 AllState 68 Sprint 80 50special + projects
Joined: 22 Nov 2010
Posts: 7339
Location: seattle/athens
Sun Jul 28, 2019 11:25 pm quote
whodatschrome wrote:
I love the mismatched front turn signal lenses!
Switch that orange one for blue, get 'em to flash alternately...

COP BIKE!
Hooked
58 VB1T, 81 100 Sport
Joined: 06 May 2019
Posts: 171
Location: Long Beach, CA
Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:40 am quote
V oodoo wrote:
whodatschrome wrote:
I love the mismatched front turn signal lenses!
Switch that orange one for blue, get 'em to flash alternately...

COP BIKE!
someone please do this ASAP
Hooked
1986 T5,
Joined: 30 Oct 2014
Posts: 449
Location: Oak Brook, Illinois
Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:40 am quote
Chicago area, too much work for me, but certainly worth a look.
https://chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/mcy/d/montgomery-2-vintage-vespas/6946377110.html

E6296D63-FFBC-421E-B1B5-D3DA9016358F.png

Ossessionato
05 Stella, '62 VBB, 76 Sprint V, 63 GL
Joined: 16 Jun 2011
Posts: 2256
Location: Chicago. Well, Evanston, but that's almost Chicago
Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:16 am quote
Vpfalcon wrote:
Chicago area, too much work for me, but certainly worth a look.
https://chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/mcy/d/montgomery-2-vintage-vespas/6946377110.html
If I jumped on those, I'd have plenty of time to work on them, because my wife would probably divorce me.
Molto Verboso
Joined: 26 Oct 2015
Posts: 1825

Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:11 am quote
Swap in a P200 engine and a PKXL fork with a disc brake, and have a reliable highway commuter.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
74 50s x3 78 P200 84 Cosa 58 AllState 68 Sprint 80 50special + projects
Joined: 22 Nov 2010
Posts: 7339
Location: seattle/athens
Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:30 pm quote
chandlerman wrote:
Vpfalcon wrote:
Chicago area, too much work for me, but certainly worth a look.
https://chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/mcy/d/montgomery-2-vintage-vespas/6946377110.html
If I jumped on those, I'd have plenty of time to work on them, because my wife would probably divorce me.
...probably... Does that mean you are considering it?

Definitely worth the money IMO, not sure about the other grief...

I have to admit that I was almost licking my chops & sorta happy they are so far away.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
74 50s x3 78 P200 84 Cosa 58 AllState 68 Sprint 80 50special + projects
Joined: 22 Nov 2010
Posts: 7339
Location: seattle/athens
Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:41 pm quote
Fascinating
Checking out the details, looks like somebody did a fork swap here. See why I think so?
Addicted
GL, PK, PE200, Rusty Bluebadge
Joined: 24 Apr 2012
Posts: 702
Location: Deep in the heart of Texas
Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:54 pm quote
I think the one with the shock on the fork and seamless fender is an original vespa cuz I don't see a Sears plate near the fuel tap and has a Piaggio emblem on the legshield. Looks like a curve tail but the body is not better then the Allstate. Still can get one good scooter out of the pile with a lot of spares. Great deal!
Hooked
58 VB1T, 81 100 Sport
Joined: 06 May 2019
Posts: 171
Location: Long Beach, CA
Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:18 pm quote
rowdyc wrote:
I think the one with the shock on the fork and seamless fender is an original vespa cuz I don't see a Sears plate near the fuel tap and has a Piaggio emblem on the legshield. Looks like a curve tail but the body is not better then the Allstate. Still can get one good scooter out of the pile with a lot of spares. Great deal!
I'd say this is a fair, accurate assessment. I'd have these loaded up already if I was close!
Veni, Vidi, Posti
74 50s x3 78 P200 84 Cosa 58 AllState 68 Sprint 80 50special + projects
Joined: 22 Nov 2010
Posts: 7339
Location: seattle/athens
Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:06 am quote
Upon reexamination, I think they were in the middle of trying to do a headset swap.

Here's a solid looking smallie frankenbike that sort of works for me. Nothing too drastic and the quirky changes could be undone. Needs a little help cosmetically but hey, original paint and described as fast!

Quote:
...originally Frankenstein-ed together in Georgia from a barn find frame. The frame is a 1978 small frame with bravo square details...
I like the grips & tail light and no battery door on this model.



Motor is a 125, so presumably a 4 speed.
$1200 here https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/mpo/d/seattle-1978-vespa-small-frame-with-125/6948057402.html
Member
Smallframes!
Joined: 15 Apr 2015
Posts: 24
Location: Palm Beach, FL
Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:22 am quote
San Francisco - P200 AND Rally Project - $900 obo
Better jump on this one quick:

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/mcy/d/santa-rosa-vespa-1974-rally-p200e/6956921348.html

(707) 494-6007

cl.png

Member
Joined: 12 Aug 2019
Posts: 37
Location: York, PA
Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:30 am quote
https://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/mcy/d/winthrop-2006-bajaj-chetak-vespa/6957175496.html



This seems like a pretty good deal to me.
Quote:
This is a Vespa factory built and very special scooter. Its all steel and the same as a 1960s Vespa. Not many of these to be found. It's a 2006 model and has 150 cc, 4 stroke and 4 speed with clutch. It does 65mph with 2 passengers. . Highway legal. Only 400 miles on it. Tom show contact info $1500 or bo. That is a bargain.
Addicted
GL, PK, PE200, Rusty Bluebadge
Joined: 24 Apr 2012
Posts: 702
Location: Deep in the heart of Texas
Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:07 am quote
Rally and P project very good deal.

Bajaj.....next.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
74 50s x3 78 P200 84 Cosa 58 AllState 68 Sprint 80 50special + projects
Joined: 22 Nov 2010
Posts: 7339
Location: seattle/athens
Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:25 pm quote
buy it & ride it
Here's an AllState that looks like it was well done. Titled and starts, runs well per the ad. Worth the 1500 if you're looking for an old AllState that's ready to go if it all checks out. And '64 means a 4 speed I believe.


note the fork upgrade and lots of new bits
https://portland.craigslist.org/clc/mcy/d/lake-oswego-1964-vespa-all-state/6959382077.html
Hooked
'63 VBB2T - '18 300 GTS Super Notte
Joined: 26 Apr 2019
Posts: 250
Location: Belgium
Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:22 am quote
Re: San Francisco - P200 AND Rally Project - $900 obo
lucifermonkey wrote:
Damn.. If I could find one of these here, I would jump on it right away!
Veni, Vidi, Posti
a not so normal vbb2 '64, a weirdo vbx '86 and a not so normal pts100 '82
Joined: 15 Jun 2009
Posts: 5488
Location: Indo
Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:35 pm quote
Re: San Francisco - P200 AND Rally Project - $900 obo
DD_VES wrote:
lucifermonkey wrote:
Damn.. If I could find one of these here, I would jump on it right away!
you and me both mate
Molto Verboso
1980 P200E project, 2005 Stella Mal 177 MKIII in pieces
Joined: 20 Jul 2018
Posts: 1128
Location: Staten Island, NY
Sun Aug 25, 2019 6:09 pm quote
Might not be the deal of the day, but if someone is looking for this specifically, spotted this one with 1 mile on it!

https://newyork.craigslist.org/que/mcy/d/forest-hills-vespa-px/6964494624.html
Molto Verboso
Joined: 26 Oct 2015
Posts: 1825

Sun Aug 25, 2019 6:35 pm quote
swiss1939 wrote:
Might not be the deal of the day, but if someone is looking for this specifically, spotted this one with 1 mile on it!

https://newyork.craigslist.org/que/mcy/d/forest-hills-vespa-px/6964494624.html
Holy smokes! Thatís amazing, itís still all bagged up itís crate!!
Member
Vespa 1957
Joined: 27 Aug 2019
Posts: 5
Location: Atlanta
Ossessionato
1976 Super (x 2), 1974 Primavera (x 2), 2006 Fly 150
Joined: 26 Sep 2013
Posts: 4887
Location: So Cal
Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:49 am quote
Crazy as it sounds, if it was nearby I would be interested
Veni, Vidi, Posti
a not so normal vbb2 '64, a weirdo vbx '86 and a not so normal pts100 '82
Joined: 15 Jun 2009
Posts: 5488
Location: Indo
Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:56 am quote
SoCalGuy wrote:
Crazy as it sounds, if it was nearby I would be interested
want me to build u one Brother Mike
Ossessionato
1976 Super (x 2), 1974 Primavera (x 2), 2006 Fly 150
Joined: 26 Sep 2013
Posts: 4887
Location: So Cal
Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:09 pm quote
I wish we could build one together, my brother! Maybe someday
Ossessionato
73 Rally, 74 Rally, 76 ET3, 80 P200, 63 Li125, 65 Li225 Silver Special, 86 Elite 80, 2015 HD Road Glide Special, 2011 Ural Tourist
Joined: 18 Jan 2012
Posts: 3283
Location: Oceanside/ SF
Molto Verboso
1980 P200E project, 2005 Stella Mal 177 MKIII in pieces
Joined: 20 Jul 2018
Posts: 1128
Location: Staten Island, NY
Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:53 pm quote
MJRally wrote:
https://sfbay.craigslist.org/scz/mcy/d/capitola-1979-vespa-scooter-vintage/6967442600.html
I would be all over that if it were in the Northeast!
Member
Vespa 152l2
Joined: 04 Dec 2018
Posts: 14
Location: location
Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:41 pm quote
Those 2 red scooters
The closer one is an Italian VNA 125 (probably 1958-61) , has the split headset like an earlier Allstate, but has the fork with the shock. Second one is a later Allstate, but I'm no expert on these so I wouldn't know the year but I'd guess mid 60's. Both are collectable and worth restoring.
Addicted
1979 P200E, 2006 Piaggio Fly 150, 2010 GTS 300 Super
Joined: 03 Oct 2013
Posts: 615
Location: Atlanta
Addicted
1974 Rally 200, 1974 Rally 200 with sidecar, 1966 Bluebadge, 2012 Stella 4T
Joined: 09 Apr 2009
Posts: 564
Location: Atlanta
Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:10 am quote
Re: Is This Anything?
DucatiSS wrote:
https://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/atq/d/cumming-vespa-scooter/6967562367.html
Pakistani import. It makes a great planter like the one that was in my front yard with a fern growing out of it.
Hooked
PX 150
Joined: 06 Aug 2007
Posts: 325
Location: Dublin, Ohio
Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:30 am quote
whodatschrome wrote:
swiss1939 wrote:
Might not be the deal of the day, but if someone is looking for this specifically, spotted this one with 1 mile on it!

https://newyork.craigslist.org/que/mcy/d/forest-hills-vespa-px/6964494624.html
Holy smokes! Thatís amazing, itís still all bagged up itís crate!!
A few months ago I found a 2005 PX150 with under 2 original miles on it. It was not in the crate; rather, the seller had it in his living room. He had also had original Piaggio front and rear racks installed when he bought it. These are really choked down with the catalyst exhaust, but with a Road 2 exhaust, drilled air filter, and a bunch of carb tinkering to deal with WOT fuel starvation, it is a fun scooter.
Molto Verboso
Joined: 26 Oct 2015
Posts: 1825

Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:55 am quote
apex wrote:
whodatschrome wrote:
swiss1939 wrote:
Might not be the deal of the day, but if someone is looking for this specifically, spotted this one with 1 mile on it!

https://newyork.craigslist.org/que/mcy/d/forest-hills-vespa-px/6964494624.html
Holy smokes! Thatís amazing, itís still all bagged up itís crate!!
A few months ago I found a 2005 PX150 with under 2 original miles on it. It was not in the crate; rather, the seller had it in his living room. He had also had original Piaggio front and rear racks installed when he bought it. These are really choked down with the catalyst exhaust, but with a Road 2 exhaust, drilled air filter, and a bunch of carb tinkering to deal with WOT fuel starvation, it is a fun scooter.
Only 2 miles is pretty darn amazing for sure! The whole ďscooter in a crateĒ reminded me of the WWII ďJeep in a crateĒ (http://wwiijeepparts.com/Archives/WW2JeepsInCrates.html)

Iíve had several 2005 PX150ís, and I too also noticed that they were severely choked down leaving the factory.
Your Rally Here   vespa scooterwest scooter west Motorsport Scooters   Scooter Parts Company
Post Reply    Forum -> Not-So-Modern Previous123...151152153154Next
[ Time: 0.8344s ][ Queries: 25 (0.6732s) ][ Debug on ]