Lets talk about P150S!
Post Reply    Forum -> Not-So-Modern 1234Next
Author Message
Hooked
Yamaha MIO :P
Joined: 03 Mar 2009
Posts: 488
Location: Jakarta
Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:59 pm quote
few here (if not none) ever talk about P150S,

From Scooter help
S p e c s: VBXIT
1978 - 1984
engine: single cylinder, air cooled 2-stroke
induction: disc valve
bore: 57.8 mm
stroke: 57 mm
cubic capacity: 149 cc
compression ratio: 8.2: 1
bhp at rpm: 7.5 @ 5750
lubrication: 2%(USA autolobe)
transmission: 4 speed constant mesh

1st gear: 14.47: 1
2nd gear: 10.28: 1
3rd gear: 7.31: 1
4th gear: 5.36: 1

clutch: wet - multiplate
carburetor: Dell'Orto SI 20/20 D

venturi size: 20 mm
main jet: 116/100
slow running jet: 160/100
throttle valve: 6823.01
mixer tube: BE 3
atomiser: 280/100
starter jet: 60/100

ignition: contact breaker & coil
ignition timing: 21 deg. BTDC
voltage: 12 volt

similar to PX, but fitted with VBX motor, 8' tyre
many claim its one of the fastest vespa, on a stock part it could reach 100km/h (many of it take part on a local racing competion)

Indonesian P150S strada variant
(the original headset is a semi rectangular head set)


change the head set with round PX head set


Strada front


VBX motor P150S


Original paint and stock parts STRADA year 87


mod strada


Strada Racing


P150S

and the other variant is the SERA
i dont have the pic now (not many sera around this day, i'll try to take a pic of it if im came across one someday),
the differences is on the headset

SERA is fitted with rectangular headlamp

anyone wants to add something?

Lampu-Depan-PS-SIEM.JPG
like this

Emblem-Sera.JPG
SERA Badge

Moderator
1962 GS160mk1, 1963 GS160mk2, 1965 SS180, 1974 Rally 200, wife's LI150
Joined: 05 Mar 2007
Posts: 6971

Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:43 am quote
So, it uses the standard length kickstart lever ... but sits 2" shorter to the ground. Doesn't the kickstart lever rub on the ground a bunch?
Hooked
Yamaha MIO :P
Joined: 03 Mar 2009
Posts: 488
Location: Jakarta
Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:56 am quote
Rover Eric wrote:
So, it uses the standard length kickstart lever ... but sits 2" shorter to the ground. Doesn't the kickstart lever rub on the ground a bunch?
yes, maybe... but no complain from Strada owner.
but many Strada owner switch the 8" tyre to the 10" tyre for better handling
and for cosmetic purposes (it makes the bike look bigger)

the uniqueness of PS is the Front fork. notice the Pre PX front fork
Ossessionato
Joined: 23 Sep 2008
Posts: 2633

Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:56 am quote
Yeah...8inch tire to me is no good...unless you don't plan on going over 40mph.
Banned
2:6
Joined: 11 Jan 2007
Posts: 7341
Location: San Francisco
Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:03 am quote
I love the 8in wheels. Everything else is practically a motorcycle.

I would totally rock a P150S dead stock on the outside right down to the 8 in wheels.
Addicted
Joined: 27 Mar 2007
Posts: 558

Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:16 am quote
i thought those things had glove boxes on the cowls?
Molto Verboso
'99 PX200
Joined: 19 Oct 2008
Posts: 1296
Location: Cheshire, England, UK, Europe.
Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:24 pm quote
Rover Eric wrote:
So, it uses the standard length kickstart lever ... but sits 2" shorter to the ground. Doesn't the kickstart lever rub on the ground a bunch?
Wouldn't it sit 1" lower Eric?

A.Pedant
nothing at all
Joined: 14 Nov 2008
Posts: 9657
Location: westla
Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:09 pm quote
i dont care how low it would sit

tilt it and kick it

i'm with patrick on this one, he did make me a princess today, i am very honored

8 inch makes for a quicker equation to your kit

it's in the math
Addicted
'78 Super 150 Mk II ported DR177, banded clutch, ASC Big Bore
Joined: 14 Jul 2008
Posts: 664
Location: Ottawa, ON, Canada
Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:38 pm quote
VLBJS1 wrote:
Yeah...8inch tire to me is no good...unless you don't plan on going over 40mph.
I routinely go about 47 mph on my 8" shod Super 150 with a 3 port engine (which, if memory serves was the precursor to the 150S) and top out at around 51mph.

Naturally the contact patch is slightly smaller, affecting overall traction, and bearings have to work harder given more revolutions of the wheel for each mph -- plus more tire wear-- compared to 10" wheels.

The bigger rims would allow a higher top end (assuming there was enough power to get there) but slightly slower acceleration off the mark.

The 8"s do allow for a very quick and responsive initial turn in; however, the down side is getting blown around a lot in a crosswind (which I often encounter during my commute) and any crack or line in the pavement will really grab the tire...

I'm planning to try some 10" wheels for next season, upgrading to a 20/20 carb from a 20/15 for a bit more oomph. I'm debating a bolt on Poloni 177 kit, too, since I have a leak at the head...

It depends on my wife's patience, I suppose
Hooked
Yamaha MIO :P
Joined: 03 Mar 2009
Posts: 488
Location: Jakarta
Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:29 pm quote
jedi stefan wrote:
i thought those things had glove boxes on the cowls?
yes! you are absolutely right! there is also PS with glove box on the cowl.
and also PS without turn signal, tomorow i'll try to take a pic of it
Hooked
Yamaha MIO :P
Joined: 03 Mar 2009
Posts: 488
Location: Jakarta
Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:53 pm quote
SERA P150S


without turn signal, no glove box. which located on the left cowl. square headset
front spare tire, switched the seat to spartan (P200XE) seat
Banned
2:6
Joined: 11 Jan 2007
Posts: 7341
Location: San Francisco
Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:36 pm quote
robbyrivai wrote:
SERA P150S


without turn signal, no glove box. which located on the left cowl. square headset
front spare tire, switched the seat to spartan (P200XE) seat
That's it! That's the bike I want! Not sure where I'd keep it...

I use to draft trucks on the freeway on my vbb. After it pulled you up to speed you could hold it for several miles.
Hooked
Yamaha MIO :P
Joined: 03 Mar 2009
Posts: 488
Location: Jakarta
Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:14 pm quote
oopsclunkthud wrote:
robbyrivai wrote:
SERA P150S


without turn signal, no glove box. which located on the left cowl. square headset
front spare tire, switched the seat to spartan (P200XE) seat
That's it! That's the bike I want! Not sure where I'd keep it...

I use to draft trucks on the freeway on my vbb. After it pulled you up to speed you could hold it for several miles.
Thats scarry mate! , I'm more of slow rider person
and here in Jakarta 2-3 wheeler are not allowed to use the freeway
Hooked
gt200,px125,gp150,gp200
Joined: 27 Sep 2009
Posts: 228
Location: United Kingdom
Sat Oct 03, 2009 1:13 am quote
i like these
we have a guy in our club has square headlight version
trouble is headlight is cracked and can't find one in uk or ebay
anyone with info of dealer with stock would be great

it is still on 8" wheels , no indicators,and toolbox in l/h panel
nothing at all
Joined: 14 Nov 2008
Posts: 9657
Location: westla
Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:34 am quote
i have never seen a factory p series without indicators in my whole life



very cool robby
Hooked
Yamaha MIO :P
Joined: 03 Mar 2009
Posts: 488
Location: Jakarta
Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:29 am quote
jimmyb865 wrote:
i have never seen a factory p series without indicators in my whole life



very cool robby
next i'll post a bigger pic jimmy
Banned
2:6
Joined: 11 Jan 2007
Posts: 7341
Location: San Francisco
Sat Oct 03, 2009 4:10 pm quote
jimmyb865 wrote:
i have never seen a factory p series without indicators in my whole life



very cool robby
Here's a no indicator P150X I restored but it had the round headlight and 10 in wheels. Not as cool as the S.

Blue is leaving the garage

Sadly it's looking for a new frame now, after a car turned left...
Molto Verboso
PX200E X 2
Joined: 08 Nov 2006
Posts: 1934
Location: Lake Monticello
Sat Oct 03, 2009 4:36 pm quote
very nice!
nothing at all
Joined: 14 Nov 2008
Posts: 9657
Location: westla
Sun Oct 04, 2009 5:52 am quote
that is really nice patrick
Hooked
Yamaha MIO :P
Joined: 03 Mar 2009
Posts: 488
Location: Jakarta
Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:23 pm quote
blackie wrote:
i like these
we have a guy in our club has square headlight version
trouble is headlight is cracked and can't find one in uk or ebay
anyone with info of dealer with stock would be great

it is still on 8" wheels , no indicators,and toolbox in l/h panel
hard to find here as well...
Molto Verboso
'66 Sears Allstate 788.94370 '65 Vespa V9A1T
Joined: 20 Oct 2008
Posts: 1236
Location: Roseville, MI
Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:59 pm quote
that is the smoothest brick i ever saw.
nothing at all
Joined: 14 Nov 2008
Posts: 9657
Location: westla
Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:26 am quote
smallstate wrote:
that is the smoothest brick i ever saw.
well said small
Molto Verboso
'66 Sears Allstate 788.94370 '65 Vespa V9A1T
Joined: 20 Oct 2008
Posts: 1236
Location: Roseville, MI
Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:33 am quote
jimmyb865 wrote:
smallstate wrote:
that is the smoothest brick i ever saw.
well said small
jimmy, i figured that you would appreciate that.
Hooked
Yamaha MIO :P
Joined: 03 Mar 2009
Posts: 488
Location: Jakarta
Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:28 am quote
a friends newly rebuild PS Strada


nothing at all
Joined: 14 Nov 2008
Posts: 9657
Location: westla
Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:24 pm quote
robby, why are the rear indicators diff than the ones on the strada in the top of post, the ones that are angled???????????
Hooked
Yamaha MIO :P
Joined: 03 Mar 2009
Posts: 488
Location: Jakarta
Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:34 pm quote
jimmyb865 wrote:
robby, why are the rear indicators diff than the ones on the strada in the top of post, the ones that are angled???????????
there is 2 kind rear indicator, the straight and the angled,
mostly the older version fit with straight indicator, the angled is for the newer version. However the stock is actually the angled version, but the stock is in poor shape so the owner fit with the newer version rear indicator that is actually for the New PX. (actually its a rip off rear indicator, its taiwan made, cheap $10.)
Lurker
ET4
Joined: 31 Jul 2008
Posts: 1
Location: Manila
Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:09 pm quote
Hello.

Will the rectangle headlight of the T5 fit the p150s? I was wondering because I might get a P150s one of this days.
Addicted
not-so-normal
Joined: 23 Jan 2009
Posts: 759
Location: Batavia
Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:13 am quote
redshirt wrote:
Hello.

Will the rectangle headlight of the T5 fit the p150s? I was wondering because I might get a P150s one of this days.
nope
T5 have different fork with single large pinch bolt... maybe you need a kit to make it fit
Member
p 150strada
Joined: 03 Nov 2010
Posts: 10
Location: ciledug,indonesia
Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:54 am quote
this is a very nice thread.
in indonesia is so many PS,,like sera,strada,strada 2,sera 2.etc


my topspeed is 110 km/h..with 8"tyres
Ossessionato
T5 Pole Position, T for thoroughbred
Joined: 07 Oct 2010
Posts: 4611
Location: Dublin
Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:56 am quote
Lovely scoots there. I'd love one of those square headlights for my px
Veni, Vidi, Posti
T5s
Joined: 19 Feb 2009
Posts: 16942
Location: The West Of Yorkshire ... Gods Country
Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:00 am quote
zombie stitches
i love the angled rear indicator lights
Hooked
Severl Scooters
Joined: 03 Jul 2011
Posts: 113
Location: Orlando
Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:02 am quote
I just got mine, This Bike was owned by the ScooterSuperStore Owner and he had a few of them Restored but did not complete the build. It cames with a Fully painted Body with all the panels, new cables, new tires and harness. All of it was new but the Headlamp. The headlamp was glued together. It cames with a new LML motor that was still in the box which ive installed now. I got everything for $1400.

Now im Running into a problem i need to get a replacement Headlamp and i have no Clue where to look for one, ive check everywhere.

Also how do you know which one you have as i see above there are 2 different models? The Shop upgraded it to 10inch wheels prior to me getting the bike and they only sold the bikes because the owner died and they closed there store down and all his personal collection was sold. I baught a VNB, 50 special Small frame,











Does anyone know of a shop that sells the headlamps or like Ebay or anywhere like that? Does anyone know if this Wire Harness is the same as any other P bike?
Hooked
p200e,px 200,px150e,px125e
Joined: 25 Apr 2010
Posts: 247
Location: Newcastle,Australia
Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:00 am quote
i dont have a 150s
but i am thinking about selling my px150 original 1985 model with only 70km never been registered complete with books, tool kit and user instruction stickers
the only reason it has done 70 is that twicw a year i take it for a 5km run
whats it worth???
Primasarah
1979 P200E, 1977 Rally 200, 1974 Primavera
Joined: 15 Mar 2011
Posts: 3087
Location: Lake Worth, FL
Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:03 am quote
carlo r wrote:
i dont have a 150s
but i am thinking about selling my px150 original 1985 model with only 70km never been registered complete with books, tool kit and user instruction stickers
the only reason it has done 70 is that twicw a year i take it for a 5km run
whats it worth???
$1500-2200 in the US on a good day.
Hooked
p200e,px 200,px150e,px125e
Joined: 25 Apr 2010
Posts: 247
Location: Newcastle,Australia
Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:58 pm quote
is that all for a brand new (odo 00070) 26 year old Italian scooter
Hooked
Yamaha MIO :P
Joined: 03 Mar 2009
Posts: 488
Location: Jakarta
Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:23 pm quote
specalk wrote:
I just got mine, This Bike was owned by the ScooterSuperStore Owner and he had a few of them Restored but did not complete the build. It cames with a Fully painted Body with all the panels, new cables, new tires and harness. All of it was new but the Headlamp. The headlamp was glued together. It cames with a new LML motor that was still in the box which ive installed now. I got everything for $1400.

Now im Running into a problem i need to get a replacement Headlamp and i have no Clue where to look for one, ive check everywhere.

Also how do you know which one you have as i see above there are 2 different models? The Shop upgraded it to 10inch wheels prior to me getting the bike and they only sold the bikes because the owner died and they closed there store down and all his personal collection was sold. I baught a VNB, 50 special Small frame,

Does anyone know of a shop that sells the headlamps or like Ebay or anywhere like that? Does anyone know if this Wire Harness is the same as any other P bike?
the headlamp Its plenty in my place in jakarta, i could help you find one. but i dont know a thing about shipping to your place
Veni, Vidi, Posti
a not so normal vbb2 '64, a weirdo vbx '86 and a not so normal pts100 '82
Joined: 15 Jun 2009
Posts: 5271
Location: Indo
Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:30 pm quote
robbyrivai wrote:
specalk wrote:
I just got mine, This Bike was owned by the ScooterSuperStore Owner and he had a few of them Restored but did not complete the build. It cames with a Fully painted Body with all the panels, new cables, new tires and harness. All of it was new but the Headlamp. The headlamp was glued together. It cames with a new LML motor that was still in the box which ive installed now. I got everything for $1400.

Now im Running into a problem i need to get a replacement Headlamp and i have no Clue where to look for one, ive check everywhere.

Also how do you know which one you have as i see above there are 2 different models? The Shop upgraded it to 10inch wheels prior to me getting the bike and they only sold the bikes because the owner died and they closed there store down and all his personal collection was sold. I baught a VNB, 50 special Small frame,

Does anyone know of a shop that sells the headlamps or like Ebay or anywhere like that? Does anyone know if this Wire Harness is the same as any other P bike?
the headlamp Its plenty in my place in jakarta, i could help you find one. but i dont know a thing about shipping to your place
robby check his headlamp, i believe it were sera version that came very boxy and had metal cast, kinna difficult to find for truth unlike the plastic handlebar top cover that were everywere

another reason why some of my friend ps150 going to the drop bar or naked excel handlebar and ekslusif II if they had money
Hooked
Yamaha MIO :P
Joined: 03 Mar 2009
Posts: 488
Location: Jakarta
Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:45 pm quote
koenig blues wrote:
robbyrivai wrote:
specalk wrote:
I just got mine, This Bike was owned by the ScooterSuperStore Owner and he had a few of them Restored but did not complete the build. It cames with a Fully painted Body with all the panels, new cables, new tires and harness. All of it was new but the Headlamp. The headlamp was glued together. It cames with a new LML motor that was still in the box which ive installed now. I got everything for $1400.

Now im Running into a problem i need to get a replacement Headlamp and i have no Clue where to look for one, ive check everywhere.

Also how do you know which one you have as i see above there are 2 different models? The Shop upgraded it to 10inch wheels prior to me getting the bike and they only sold the bikes because the owner died and they closed there store down and all his personal collection was sold. I baught a VNB, 50 special Small frame,

Does anyone know of a shop that sells the headlamps or like Ebay or anywhere like that? Does anyone know if this Wire Harness is the same as any other P bike?
the headlamp Its plenty in my place in jakarta, i could help you find one. but i dont know a thing about shipping to your place
robby check his headlamp, i believe it were sera version that came very boxy and had metal cast, kinna difficult to find for truth unlike the plastic handlebar top cover that were everywere

another reason why some of my friend ps150 going to the drop bar or naked excel handlebar and ekslusif II if they had money
yes its a sera head lamp, Im pretty sure i can find one
Veni, Vidi, Posti
a not so normal vbb2 '64, a weirdo vbx '86 and a not so normal pts100 '82
Joined: 15 Jun 2009
Posts: 5271
Location: Indo
Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:32 am quote
robbyrivai wrote:
koenig blues wrote:
robbyrivai wrote:
specalk wrote:
I just got mine, This Bike was owned by the ScooterSuperStore Owner and he had a few of them Restored but did not complete the build. It cames with a Fully painted Body with all the panels, new cables, new tires and harness. All of it was new but the Headlamp. The headlamp was glued together. It cames with a new LML motor that was still in the box which ive installed now. I got everything for $1400.

Now im Running into a problem i need to get a replacement Headlamp and i have no Clue where to look for one, ive check everywhere.

Also how do you know which one you have as i see above there are 2 different models? The Shop upgraded it to 10inch wheels prior to me getting the bike and they only sold the bikes because the owner died and they closed there store down and all his personal collection was sold. I baught a VNB, 50 special Small frame,

Does anyone know of a shop that sells the headlamps or like Ebay or anywhere like that? Does anyone know if this Wire Harness is the same as any other P bike?
the headlamp Its plenty in my place in jakarta, i could help you find one. but i dont know a thing about shipping to your place
robby check his headlamp, i believe it were sera version that came very boxy and had metal cast, kinna difficult to find for truth unlike the plastic handlebar top cover that were everywere

another reason why some of my friend ps150 going to the drop bar or naked excel handlebar and ekslusif II if they had money
yes its a sera head lamp, Im pretty sure i can find one
yups not that rare either in fact i am now trying to bargain my friend sera headset for $5 (wanna try to reshape it to be round) or better swap with my super trap head
Hooked
Yamaha MIO :P
Joined: 03 Mar 2009
Posts: 488
Location: Jakarta
Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:54 am quote
koenig blues wrote:
yes its a sera head lamp, Im pretty sure i can find one
yups not that rare either in fact i am now trying to bargain my friend sera headset for $5 (wanna try to reshape it to be round) or better swap with my super trap head [/quote]

why would you want to do that? better use PX head if you want to reshape it, cos PX head still plenty around, but PS Box headlight? i dont think u will find it as much as PX headlight... better yet why dont you use indian mad PX head?

just my two cent
Your Rally Here   vespa scooterwest scooter west Motorsport Scooters   Cool Ass scooter seat cover
Post Reply    Forum -> Not-So-Modern 1234Next
[ Time: 0.3362s ][ Queries: 25 (0.0673s) ][ Debug on ]