Lets talk about P150S!
Post Reply    Forum -> Not-So-Modern Previous1234
Author Message
Enthusiast
P150S, 1963 Triumph Bonneville
Joined: 02 Jan 2017
Posts: 76
Location: Darwin Australia
Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:32 am quote
I'm off to Bali for a week in a fortnight. I have the shops that sell new parts sorted out but I might need to shop for some second hand bits. I need a new headlight and a seat. I am not sure if I can get these new so does anyone know of somewhere to go for these bits. Any information is greatly appreciated. Cheers Coops
Ossessionato
2 matching N.Z. '69 VBC Super, 177cc Racer, VespaCross Bodge, Puch SRA150, Piaggio Zip 100! & others
Joined: 26 May 2013
Posts: 3694
Location: Millbin, Ostrayleea, mate
Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:13 am quote
Zep66 will ow which shops to go to
Veni, Vidi, Posti
a not so normal vbb2 '64, a weirdo vbx '86 and a not so normal pts100 '82
Joined: 15 Jun 2009
Posts: 5269
Location: Indo
Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:03 am quote
coops wrote:
I'm off to Bali for a week in a fortnight. I have the shops that sell new parts sorted out but I might need to shop for some second hand bits. I need a new headlight and a seat. I am not sure if I can get these new so does anyone know of somewhere to go for these bits. Any information is greatly appreciated. Cheers Coops
do you have family in jakarta that i can send parts to in case u didnt find what u looking for in bali
Enthusiast
P150S, 1963 Triumph Bonneville
Joined: 02 Jan 2017
Posts: 76
Location: Darwin Australia
Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:16 am quote
No family in Bali. I'm just going there for a week long holiday and staying at a villa in Seminyak Thanks for the offer. Cheers Coops
Veni, Vidi, Posti
a not so normal vbb2 '64, a weirdo vbx '86 and a not so normal pts100 '82
Joined: 15 Jun 2009
Posts: 5269
Location: Indo
Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:22 am quote
coops wrote:
No family in Bali. I'm just going there for a week long holiday and staying at a villa in Seminyak Thanks for the offer. Cheers Coops
enjoy ur holiday and next time please take me there as well

until then have a nice day and cheer to you too mate
Enthusiast
P150S, 1963 Triumph Bonneville
Joined: 02 Jan 2017
Posts: 76
Location: Darwin Australia
Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:23 pm quote
Just spent a few hours riding to the Vespa shop over near Sanur. Great day out and my bag is full of parts for my P150S. Thanks Zepp. We rode past it a few times before we found it but a great shop. Made was a very cool guy.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
74 Super, 75 Super, PX project, LML off-roader and new to 2018, '66 Blue Badge Smallframe
Joined: 30 Nov 2011
Posts: 6499
Location: Victoria, Australia
Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:44 am quote
Pics or it didn't happen!!
Enthusiast
P150S, 1963 Triumph Bonneville
Joined: 02 Jan 2017
Posts: 76
Location: Darwin Australia
Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:08 am quote
Got a headlight, taillight, full set of indicators, seat, speedo glass (plastic), full set of cables, both switch blocks, carby kit, fuel tap, and lots of other small bits. Bloody great day.
Ossessionato
2 matching N.Z. '69 VBC Super, 177cc Racer, VespaCross Bodge, Puch SRA150, Piaggio Zip 100! & others
Joined: 26 May 2013
Posts: 3694
Location: Millbin, Ostrayleea, mate
Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:35 am quote
If you find you need side panels there may be a chance I have a pair... As long as your request comes before VespaCrosse.
Enthusiast
P150S, 1963 Triumph Bonneville
Joined: 02 Jan 2017
Posts: 76
Location: Darwin Australia
Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:53 am quote
Got home on the weekend with all my parts. Ended up going back to AJ's near Kuta and buying an expansion chamber for under $30. Its probably not much but it looks very cool. Next job is to make up a wiring harness, and a lot of body work. Does anyone know what gauge wire to use in a wiring harness and where can I buy insulated wire with the plastic insulation colour coded that is similar to original wiring harnesses. Cheers coops
Veni, Vidi, Posti
74 Super, 75 Super, PX project, LML off-roader and new to 2018, '66 Blue Badge Smallframe
Joined: 30 Nov 2011
Posts: 6499
Location: Victoria, Australia
Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:04 pm quote
coops wrote:
Got home on the weekend with all my parts. Ended up going back to AJ's near Kuta and buying an expansion chamber for under $30. Its probably not much but it looks very cool. Next job is to make up a wiring harness, and a lot of body work. Does anyone know what gauge wire to use in a wiring harness and where can I buy insulated wire with the plastic insulation colour coded that is similar to original wiring harnesses. Cheers coops
How about some pictures?
Enthusiast
P150S, 1963 Triumph Bonneville
Joined: 02 Jan 2017
Posts: 76
Location: Darwin Australia
Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:46 pm quote
I've spent the last couple of hours on the internet checking out as many Vespa wiring diagrams that are there and I cant find anything that is even similar. My original wiring loom is toast so I have no choice but to start from scratch. This model has the two part electronic ignition, low oil light in the speedo, a fuel gauge, a four pin regulator and no battery, I also have coloured wires that I cant find in any other diagrams so I am not sure where to start. If any of you guys have a diagram or something close it would be fantastic. but for now its time for a beer and some more head scratching!
Ossessionato
2 matching N.Z. '69 VBC Super, 177cc Racer, VespaCross Bodge, Puch SRA150, Piaggio Zip 100! & others
Joined: 26 May 2013
Posts: 3694
Location: Millbin, Ostrayleea, mate
Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:03 am quote
coops wrote:
Got home on the weekend with all my parts. Ended up going back to AJ's near Kuta and buying an expansion chamber for under $30. Its probably not much but it looks very cool. Next job is to make up a wiring harness, and a lot of body work. Does anyone know what gauge wire to use in a wiring harness and where can I buy insulated wire with the plastic insulation colour coded that is similar to original wiring harnesses. Cheers coops
Wiring... Pretty sure I've put something in here.
Ode to Speedy - time for some lovin?

Basically... 7-core thin & 5-core medium & sheathed 2-core thick trailer flex/wire & there is a colour coded loom.
Ohh, plus (non-?)sheathed 2-core to brake

I also have: long wire for CHT & spare cable to carb (as change from PHBH to 24/24) &, a spare outer (just feel whatever inner is needed) & wire/string (to pull thru new cables/outers) &, spare thick 2-core (future spotlights or high load thingees), & wire for usb/cig lighter/switches...
Whenever something is needing to be added it's simple, plus breakdowns are quick
Ossessionato
2 matching N.Z. '69 VBC Super, 177cc Racer, VespaCross Bodge, Puch SRA150, Piaggio Zip 100! & others
Joined: 26 May 2013
Posts: 3694
Location: Millbin, Ostrayleea, mate
Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:14 am quote
coops wrote:
I've spent the last couple of hours on the internet checking out as many Vespa wiring diagrams that are there and I cant find anything that is even similar. My original wiring loom is toast so I have no choice but to start from scratch. This model has the two part electronic ignition, low oil light in the speedo, a fuel gauge, a four pin regulator and no battery, I also have coloured wires that I cant find in any other diagrams so I am not sure where to start. If any of you guys have a diagram or something close it would be fantastic. but for now its time for a beer and some more head scratching!
Gimme a call if you get stuck. Pretty sure I have my loom written down somewhere... I can also draw you one if I know all colours & things you have... I'm just about finished doing a BSA Lightening loom that didn't match up
Veni, Vidi, Posti
a not so normal vbb2 '64, a weirdo vbx '86 and a not so normal pts100 '82
Joined: 15 Jun 2009
Posts: 5269
Location: Indo
Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:42 pm quote
i am suck on electricity, as i only have 3 wires on each of my vespa, but i hope this will help



good luck on the wiring and cheer
Enthusiast
P150S, 1963 Triumph Bonneville
Joined: 02 Jan 2017
Posts: 76
Location: Darwin Australia
Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:00 am quote
I'm pretty sure I can now remove the old wiring loom. I have tagged the tail light, indicators, fuel gauge sender, oil low light sender, regulator, brake light switch. I plan on pulling it from font to back. everything behind the plastic horn cover is either cut or patched up. I will lay it out then and work out a new loom. I have new switch blocks to work with as well. Does anyone have any suggestion that may save some frustrations? all I've had so far is great advice. Thanks Coops
Ossessionato
2 matching N.Z. '69 VBC Super, 177cc Racer, VespaCross Bodge, Puch SRA150, Piaggio Zip 100! & others
Joined: 26 May 2013
Posts: 3694
Location: Millbin, Ostrayleea, mate
Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:38 am quote
coops wrote:
I'm pretty sure I can now remove the old wiring loom. I have tagged the tail light, indicators, fuel gauge sender, oil low light sender, regulator, brake light switch. I plan on pulling it from font to back. everything behind the plastic horn cover is either cut or patched up. I will lay it out then and work out a new loom. I have new switch blocks to work with as well. Does anyone have any suggestion that may save some frustrations? all I've had so far is great advice. Thanks Coops
Ensure it has the NEW loom tied to it, then you know it's in place. Twist & tape or solder works to join them
Ossessionato
2 matching N.Z. '69 VBC Super, 177cc Racer, VespaCross Bodge, Puch SRA150, Piaggio Zip 100! & others
Joined: 26 May 2013
Posts: 3694
Location: Millbin, Ostrayleea, mate
Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:40 am quote
SubEtherBASS wrote:
coops wrote:
I'm pretty sure I can now remove the old wiring loom. I have tagged the tail light, indicators, fuel gauge sender, oil low light sender, regulator, brake light switch. I plan on pulling it from font to back. everything behind the plastic horn cover is either cut or patched up. I will lay it out then and work out a new loom. I have new switch blocks to work with as well. Does anyone have any suggestion that may save some frustrations? all I've had so far is great advice. Thanks Coops
Ensure it has the NEW loom tied to it, then you know it's in place. Twist & tape or solder works to join them
Also tie a few lengths is string or wire, so when you next need to add/ change something there is a cable ready
Enthusiast
P150S, 1963 Triumph Bonneville
Joined: 02 Jan 2017
Posts: 76
Location: Darwin Australia
Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:25 pm quote
I'm off to Bali again in a few months and I was just wondering if I am able to buy stuff like a DR177 or Malossi kit while I'm there. My engine needs a rebuild as it has some scores in the bore and is low on compression. Last time I was there I shopped at Bengkel Vespa but I'm not sure how to contact them. Great shop with excellent prices but if I cant buy this stuff there can anyone recommend a good seller in Australia or overseas who will send to Australia. Any help is greatly appreciated. Cheers Coops[/b]
Ossessionato
2 matching N.Z. '69 VBC Super, 177cc Racer, VespaCross Bodge, Puch SRA150, Piaggio Zip 100! & others
Joined: 26 May 2013
Posts: 3694
Location: Millbin, Ostrayleea, mate
Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:33 pm quote
Generally they will only have standard stuff (or Indian), no REAL known brand performance bits.
You can try RK Vespa, they have awesome exhausts... I would love one of theirs if you have space.
www.rkvespa.com

To get Malossi in Aus ... try GPS Parts are the Aust agent

To get SIP & Scooter Centre etc in Aus... also try the , or Derek at ScooterLabs, he does weekly orders

11E5A280-CABE-4E65-9C1F-6F2F780A3CD5.jpeg

5DF8ADDE-7AE8-43C7-A1E9-837F8171300B.jpeg

Veni, Vidi, Posti
a not so normal vbb2 '64, a weirdo vbx '86 and a not so normal pts100 '82
Joined: 15 Jun 2009
Posts: 5269
Location: Indo
Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:54 am quote
SubEtherBASS wrote:
Generally they will only have standard stuff (or Indian), no REAL known brand performance bits.
You can try RK Vespa, they have awesome exhausts... I would love one of theirs if you have space.
www.rkvespa.com

To get Malossi in Aus ... try GPS Parts are the Aust agent

To get SIP & Scooter Centre etc in Aus... also try the , or Derek at ScooterLabs, he does weekly orders
the alini short right and left hand, and those drc pipe, yup its local here but i gonna said i prefer Saigonscoot pipe, believe me i know

or best if ur in Bali try to ask for prp pipe, it has good review from my folks that use them but gonna be a bit pricey (the main reason why i didnt use it )

https://www.facebook.com/Prp-Racing-Purbalinggahome-Industri-Exhaust-For-Vespa-2021803318050718/
Hooked
Jet 200, P200E (x2), T5
Joined: 27 Jan 2013
Posts: 259
Location: Paris, France & L.A., Cal, USA
Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:53 am quote
I'll trade wiring loom advice against the pics asked for last november
Enthusiast
P150S, 1963 Triumph Bonneville
Joined: 02 Jan 2017
Posts: 76
Location: Darwin Australia
Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:45 pm quote
I'm in Bali again and yesterday i went for a ride to Bengkel Vespa in Denpasar. What a great lady to deal with. Had everything I had on my shopping list. I took pictures off the internet of everything I needed and she layed it all out on the counter. We had a lot of fun and laughed a lot.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
74 Super, 75 Super, PX project, LML off-roader and new to 2018, '66 Blue Badge Smallframe
Joined: 30 Nov 2011
Posts: 6499
Location: Victoria, Australia
Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:25 pm quote
coops wrote:
I'm in Bali again...
See if you can get some info on the Vespa World Days which is to be held there in 2020... dates would be handy.
Also some pics of your haul!
Enthusiast
P150S, 1963 Triumph Bonneville
Joined: 02 Jan 2017
Posts: 76
Location: Darwin Australia
Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:24 pm quote
See how this goes

WIN_20181103_125107.JPG

Enthusiast
P150S, 1963 Triumph Bonneville
Joined: 02 Jan 2017
Posts: 76
Location: Darwin Australia
Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:26 pm quote
I got an exhaust, wiring harness, tubes, horn cover, and a heap of small bits and pieces.
Enthusiast
P150S, 1963 Triumph Bonneville
Joined: 02 Jan 2017
Posts: 76
Location: Darwin Australia
Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:30 pm quote
Ginch. I will visit TJ's in the next few days hopefully. I'll see if can find out anything from them guys. I'm not going to Benkel Vespa again this trip. Is quite a long ride from Semenyak and I get lost a lot.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
74 Super, 75 Super, PX project, LML off-roader and new to 2018, '66 Blue Badge Smallframe
Joined: 30 Nov 2011
Posts: 6499
Location: Victoria, Australia
Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:38 pm quote
coops wrote:
Is quite a long ride from Semenyak and I get lost a lot.
Ha ha! What exhaust did you buy?
Enthusiast
P150S, 1963 Triumph Bonneville
Joined: 02 Jan 2017
Posts: 76
Location: Darwin Australia
Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:37 pm quote
Just a standard one. $45 Aust dollars. Bits are so cheap.
Addicted
Vespas 1964 GS160, 1965 SS180, 1977 V9A1T, 1983 PX150E
Joined: 16 Apr 2011
Posts: 977
Location: Siam
Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:31 pm quote
How's the quality? My experience with most parts in Asia is they are anywhere from average-mediocre reproduction to horrendous garbage. Some of the Dan Motors made stuff is ok, but that's about it.
Enthusiast
P150S, 1963 Triumph Bonneville
Joined: 02 Jan 2017
Posts: 76
Location: Darwin Australia
Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:50 am quote
Wiring harness looks great. Exhaust also looks great. Most other stuff I brought is small plastic and rubbers etc. I didnt get any engine parts apart from an air cleaner. Everything looks good. My Vespa is just a toy and its only ever going to be fun scooter to run around on.
Hooked
Jet 200, P200E (x2), T5
Joined: 27 Jan 2013
Posts: 259
Location: Paris, France & L.A., Cal, USA
Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:48 am quote
Going back to the wiring loom, if you ever get a wiring diagram for the type with oil warning light and fuel gauge, please post/link here. I have a DanMotor Strada headset and oil tank on a spanish body, and I've never managed to get them to work, despite experience making my own wiring looms..

@ebeth: same to you: if you have access to a diagram for the Exclusiv type of loom, I'd love for you to share it!
koenig blues wrote:
Enthusiast
P150S, 1963 Triumph Bonneville
Joined: 02 Jan 2017
Posts: 76
Location: Darwin Australia
Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:43 pm quote
The loom I have is clearly marked strada. When i unpack it I'll take some photos and see how it looks.
Hooked
Jet 200, P200E (x2), T5
Joined: 27 Jan 2013
Posts: 259
Location: Paris, France & L.A., Cal, USA
Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:55 pm quote
That would be the correct model!
Enthusiast
P150S, 1963 Triumph Bonneville
Joined: 02 Jan 2017
Posts: 76
Location: Darwin Australia
Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:01 pm quote
I have just fitted the wiring loom and it is a great fit. I am trying to put the tank complete with autolube oil tank back in and I am having trouble. I got a new fuel tap with the correct length lever.(the one that was on it poked out about 5 cm). but I just cant get it to go into place. I cant get the lever out the hole so I can slide the tank down into position. What am I doing wrong?:
Addicted
2008 GTS 250, 1979 P200E
Joined: 11 Jan 2006
Posts: 829
Location: Florence, OR
Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:36 pm quote
coops wrote:
I have just fitted the wiring loom and it is a great fit. I am trying to put the tank complete with autolube oil tank back in and I am having trouble. I got a new fuel tap with the correct length lever.(the one that was on it poked out about 5 cm). but I just cant get it to go into place. I cant get the lever out the hole so I can slide the tank down into position. What am I doing wrong?:
Hook a string or old hose on the end of the lever and feed it through the hole. Thanks to Random tricks, share your best little tips & shortcuts for that tip.
Hooked
Jet 200, P200E (x2), T5
Joined: 27 Jan 2013
Posts: 259
Location: Paris, France & L.A., Cal, USA
Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:24 am quote
coops wrote:
The loom I have is clearly marked strada. When i unpack it I'll take some photos and see how it looks.
coops wrote:
I have just fitted the wiring loom and it is a great fit. I am trying to put the tank complete with autolube oil tank back in and I am having trouble. I got a new fuel tap with the correct length lever.(the one that was on it poked out about 5 cm). but I just cant get it to go into place. I cant get the lever out the hole so I can slide the tank down into position. What am I doing wrong?:
I guess it's too late to be counting on pics?
Enthusiast
P150S, 1963 Triumph Bonneville
Joined: 02 Jan 2017
Posts: 76
Location: Darwin Australia
Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:34 pm quote
I stuffed around with it for ages this morning with no luck. Is looks like it just wont go. the old fuel tap lever that was on this scooter originally has a thread on the end that protrudes from the body and looks like it had a screw on lever. Has anyone seen similar before. The scooter has autolube but no sight glass. It has a plug in the top of the oil tank that is an electronic sender unit for low oil level. I'm guessing the oil tank is different and this is the cause of my grief. Any ideas?

IMG_0222.JPG

Hooked
Jet 200, P200E (x2), T5
Joined: 27 Jan 2013
Posts: 259
Location: Paris, France & L.A., Cal, USA
Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:36 pm quote
Yeah, I have the same one on mine.
Land of 10,000 Scoots Rally   Vespa Wasp Pin Badges   Yelcome Leather Top Cases and Roll Bags for Piaggio Vespa PX LX LXV GTS GTV
Post Reply    Forum -> Not-So-Modern Previous1234
[ Time: 0.3389s ][ Queries: 25 (0.0604s) ][ Debug on ]