OP
@ralfie avatar
UTC

Vespa GTS 250 i.e.

@ralfie avatar
Vespa GTS 250 i.e.
UTC quote
I have a 1985 Honda CH250 and am interested in the new GTS 250. My dealer here in Kansas City does not have one yet and has not been notified when he will receive them. Does anyone know if any have hit the US yet?
@tfauch avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso

Molto Verboso
@tfauch avatar
UTC quote
Vespa 250
Yes the Vespa 250 is in the USA now see http://www.vespausa.com/. Its been the talk of the town in this forum.

Tim
UTC

Hooked

Hooked
UTC quote
They are in the US now and are on their way to dealers. Who will be the first Modernista to take delivery of theirs?
@bryce-o-rama avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
Peugeot Looxor

Ossessionato
@bryce-o-rama avatar
Peugeot Looxor
UTC quote
Ralfie, are you at all connected to in the KC modern scoot scene? I'm a member of the Mad Toto SC. We're a riding club that has a weekly ride until this time of year, and we have some special events from time to time. We're also doing our second rally this spring.
UTC

GTS 250 i.e.

GTS 250 i.e.
UTC quote
No intention to brag, but my 250 should be in at the end of December or early January..

Should I keep the black seat or go with the tan or dark brown?

Greg
Akron, OH
Bzzz wrote:
They are in the US now and are on their way to dealers. Who will be the first Modernista to take delivery of theirs?
@demonlarry avatar
UTC

Hooked
too many to list

Hooked
@demonlarry avatar
too many to list
UTC quote
Greg,

I thought you wanted the tan seat?

I've heard yours will be in as soon as next week!

cheers,
larry
larry@vespaohio.com
UTC

GTS 250 i.e.

GTS 250 i.e.
UTC quote
Re: ...
Hey, Larry, I've confirmed the rumor with Scotty and it looks like its true! Hopefully I can get to meet you when I come to visit the store. I heard the Cleveland store is pretty nice.

Since I won't be riding the GTS much anyway until spring, I'll probably just wait to make a decision on the seat color..unless you guys already ordered me one!

Greg
demonlarry wrote:
Greg,

I thought you wanted the tan seat?

I've heard yours will be in as soon as next week!

cheers,
larry
larry@vespaohio.com
@gene avatar
UTC

Hooked
GTS300 Super/Burgman 650/BV500/ B&W250/BMW R60/CL77 Scrambler/YDS1 Big Bear/CB160/Hayabusa

Hooked
@gene avatar
GTS300 Super/Burgman 650/BV500/ B&W250/BMW R60/CL77 Scrambler/YDS1 Big Bear/CB160/Hayabusa
UTC quote
Hi everybody,

Im still back and forth with the GT / GTS decision. I understand 15% more torque, one more horse and about 25 more lbs. After racing sprinters and midgets for 7 seasons im totally hip to weight vs's hp.

My question is the price. After calculating off the British site I have the GTS at about $5599 MSRP++++ .....am I close?

Gene
UTC

GTS 250 i.e.

GTS 250 i.e.
UTC quote
Gene, the MSRP for the GTS in the US is $5799, are you shocked yet?

Greg
gene wrote:
Hi everybody,

Im still back and forth with the GT / GTS decision. I understand 15% more torque, one more horse and about 25 more lbs. After racing sprinters and midgets for 7 seasons im totally hip to weight vs's hp.

My question is the price. After calculating off the British site I have the GTS at about $5599 MSRP++++ .....am I close?

Gene
@gene avatar
UTC

Hooked

Hooked
@gene avatar
UTC quote
Arggg....another 600 bucks huh? Im sure the GTS is a nice upgrade but I will think about this for a bit. To be honest Im not much of a digital gauge person and the rear folding rack to me is something I could live without (no offense new owners). The EFI IS a nice upgrade however and I am a RED fan for sure. Oh well thanks for the feedback the group is great!

Gene
UTC

Hooked

Hooked
UTC quote
It's true that $6000 is a lot and even buys a decent motorcycle. But let's assume we're only considering scooters. My experience was something like this: April 2004 I was going back & forth between the Aprilia Mojito 150 and the ET4 and the newly available GT. I was discussing it with a friend and she asked, "Which one do you really want?" and I answered of course the GT. But the price ($4999) was scaring me. She said why not get what you want? Make your self happy and then you'll never have regrets or look back and ask "what if". Good point, I thought. I got the GT. It was an easy decision. Get what YOU WANT.
@grind avatar
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
@grind avatar
UTC quote
Bzzz wrote:
...why not get what you want? Make your self happy and then you'll never have regrets or look back and ask "what if". Good point, I thought. I got the GT. It was an easy decision. Get what YOU WANT.
Case in point: When I got my conversion van, I wanted the optional bigger motor and the compass/thermometer mirror. My wife said they weren't necessary. She frequently wonders what the temperature is or which way we're going. I am relentless in reminding her how easy it would be to know those things if I had the mirror she wouldn't let me have. Razz emoticon When we inheirited her parent's boat, I rubbed in how much easier it would be to tow with the bigger motor. She got hers, though. She bought a Mustang with the V6. I tried to convince her to get the V8, but she thought the V6 was powerful enough. After the first month, she would mumble every time we were in the car, "I shoulda got the V8... "

Get what you want.
@boo avatar
UTC

Yamaha tmax 500

@boo avatar
Yamaha tmax 500
UTC quote
http://scoot.net/gallery/bbs/thebox.jpg

how it was delivered over here across the pond.....

http://scoot.net/gallery/bbs/newgts.jpg

how it looked out of the box....

runs like a dream.... Laughing emoticon
@bryce-o-rama avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
Peugeot Looxor

Ossessionato
@bryce-o-rama avatar
Peugeot Looxor
UTC quote
What was in that Peugeot box?
@boo avatar
UTC

Yamaha tmax 500

@boo avatar
Yamaha tmax 500
UTC quote
Laughing emoticon a vespa top box Laughing emoticon strange byt true
@wetspeed avatar
UTC

GTed4LIFE
'05 GT200

GTed4LIFE
@wetspeed avatar
'05 GT200
UTC quote
Oh Hell Yea!!!
Rode a US model GTS250 yesterday in So Cal. The torque is great and for us larger riders a big improvement in overall perfromance. Well worth the upgrade. The engine has several improvements over the 200 LEADER Engine and the new longer wheelbase makes the scoot handle even better.
@tikka avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
07 GTS250ie VCOA#2794

Ossessionato
@tikka avatar
07 GTS250ie VCOA#2794
UTC quote
Great to hear wetspeed ... did she hit 80 mph
@wetspeed avatar
UTC

GTed4LIFE
'05 GT200

GTed4LIFE
@wetspeed avatar
'05 GT200
UTC quote
All I can say is Razz emoticon
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0908s ][ Queries: 21 (0.0619s) ][ Debug on ][ 313 ][ Thing One ]