@yoyo65 avatar
UTC

Hooked
me-LX150 in Daring Plum;DH- Genuine Blur

Hooked
@yoyo65 avatar
UTC quote
I've already put a scratch on my brand new LX150!!! Crying or Very sad emoticon Crying or Very sad emoticon

Does anyone know where to get any touch-up paint supplied by Vespa so it matches?

I'm so-o-o-o mad Livid emoticon at myself!!!
@boulty avatar
UTC

Moderator Australis
2014 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone, 2014 Vespa 150 Primavera (sold) 2003 Vespa GT200 (sold)

Moderator Australis
@boulty avatar
2014 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone, 2014 Vespa 150 Primavera (sold) 2003 Vespa GT200 (sold)
UTC quote
Wrong side of the planet to be offering where to go for help but there have been a lot of posts regarding scratches and touch up.
Try this websites search facility, otherwise I am sure a more local person will sort you out with a remedy real soon.
Good luck.
@ericalm avatar
UTC

Wiki Moderator
LX 190, Aurora Blue + Stella FOUR STROKE FURY! + '87 Helix

Wiki Moderator
@ericalm avatar
LX 190, Aurora Blue + Stella FOUR STROKE FURY! + '87 Helix
UTC quote
I was told by someone at my local dealer that the Vespa touch up paint doesn't always match the factory paint so well! Most local dealers carry the tubes and you can buy some online at Varsity Cycle. They don't list plum on their site, but you can probably call or email. I emailed a number of dealers to fiind tubes of Aurora Blue, but since it's been discontinued, the prics had been jacked up to over $20!

Your best bet may be to get a good body shop to mix up a small batch to match your scoot. While the Vespa colors have unique names, the actual paints used are also commonly used for various models of cars; there are formula for matching these. Daring plum isn't as common but still should not present a problem.
@napacoach avatar
UTC

Banned
M@

Banned
@napacoach avatar
M@
UTC quote
Curt,
remember when i scratched your freshly painted yellow GTS ?
im sorry about that
@beale avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
None! I sold it :(

Ossessionato
@beale avatar
None! I sold it :(
UTC quote
Here is a link to some touch up paint.
http://www.scooterpartsdirect.com/cat.php?prod_id=2903&cat_id=8&subcat_id=627&men_id=1

I did not see the plum, but call and see. Another option is your dealer. Mine sent me a tube of the Vintage Green and It worked ok, Beale.
@whr avatar
UTC

Hooked
GTS 250ie

Hooked
@whr avatar
GTS 250ie
UTC quote
Any Vespa dealer should have the paint...I ran into the same problem; I went into a driveway thick with paving stones.. My Vespa dealer had the paint right there.
Failing that, a good autobody shop ought to be able to get you a pretty fair match.

Godd lick. Believe me, I share your pain.
@scoot avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
Vespa 946

Molto Verboso
@scoot avatar
Vespa 946
UTC quote
pics?
@roadbum avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
'07 LX150

Molto Verboso
@roadbum avatar
'07 LX150
UTC quote
Your best bet is to try back at Motoprimo. On what... 32nd off Hiawatha? Otherwise, there are color matching numbers under the seat. Look at the underside of the seat for corresponding numbers and make sure your scratched area is clean of all dirt or wax.

You're better off if the touch up paint is slightly lighter than slightly darker. Darker will be more noticeable.

Rb
OP
@yoyo65 avatar
UTC

Hooked

Hooked
@yoyo65 avatar
UTC quote
thanks for the tips everybody!

Can't work on that today because I need to wash the windows while the weather is cooperating.

I've been seriously neglecting the housework/maintinence because all I 've been doing in my spare time is riding the scoot.
@michaelsvespa avatar
UTC

Hooked
gts 250

Hooked
@michaelsvespa avatar
gts 250
UTC quote
try general motors 74 or 73 victory red $ 6.00 AT AUTO ZONE matched my gts fine
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0590s ][ Queries: 13 (0.0340s) ][ Debug on ][ 313 ][ Thing One ]