Fixed Google Maps Bug
Post Reply    Forum -> Ride Reports
Petty Tyrant
GTS250 GTS300 MP3 500
Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:19 pm quote
This evening, I finally got around to fixing a long-standing bug with our use of the Google Maps API. At the bottom of some threads in this section, a Google Map appears, showing the locations of photos contained in the thread. This only appears if location data is contained in the uploaded photos, and then only if the photos are emailed to Modern Vespa through the topic email service.

The bug relates to the markers on the map. They're supposed to be clickable, showing you a thumbnail of the picture that was taken at that location. They weren't, though, and I didn't know why. So I rewrote that bit of code. Should be all better now.
Banned
2:6
Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:42 am quote
There may be a bug in the SPOT code as well. Last time I used it it posted the text of the messages instead of just posting the location on the map. Now that I think of it I don't think it added the location to the map at all.
Petty Tyrant
GTS250 GTS300 MP3 500
Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:47 am quote
oopsclunkthud wrote:
There may be a bug in the SPOT code as well. Last time I used it it posted the text of the messages instead of just posting the location on the map. Now that I think of it I don't think it added the location to the map at all.
It's on my list of things to fix. My spot is broken at the moment, though, so I haven't looked at it.
Land of 10,000 Scoots Rally   vespa scooterwest scooter west Motorsport Scooters   Scooter Parts Company
Post Reply    Forum -> Ride Reports
[ Time: 0.1319s ][ Queries: 26 (0.0261s) ][ Debug on ]